Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 11:40 AM   #10
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I've been reading his articles via Lew Rockwell for so long I can't even remember when I started, but I've been reading Lew Rockwell since prior to 2000. In almost every article of his on that site there is a link to something he's selling related to that article. I even ordered and took a few supplements he recommended to help prevent and dissolve kidney stones (which did not work). Along the way I researched what others were saying about him. The list of articles bashing him as a quack and charlatan just looking to sell vitamins and supplements is endless and constant.

Here's one of the latest.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...7ce_story.html

Again, I am more cynical than anyone when it comes to mainstream reporting on anything, but that doesn't mean I'm going to simply accept the word of someone that everyone else is calling a quack either. I don't know the guy, but I'm skeptical.
The problem with Wapo is that it is a huge perpetrator of fake news. The Wapo's of this world will smear, slander and discredit anyone who isn't preaching from the same Deep State bible. While Doc Mercola may not be an angel with a radiant halo, I would be very hesitant to take the word of any radical leftist publication, such as Wapo.

So...how do I decide what to believe about anything Mercola writes, especially about covid? I check other alternative news sources to see if they differ significantly from him on any given subject. For example, take the subject of "common sense" prophylactic natural measures to protect against covid. Many doctors happen to agree with Mercola's recommendations -- advice that largely have to do with taking charge of your own healthcare by building up your immune system, which by the way cannot be done by masking up everywhere you go, or by staying in lockdown mode, or by the constant sanitizing of everything you touch. My wife and I take vitamins daily and among them are the six or so fundamentally important ones to achieve the end of a healthy immune system (C, D3, Zinc, NAC, Q&B, etc.) So far, so good for wifey and I.

Don't you find it a wee bit suspicious that virtually all these hoidy toidy, elitist public health officials with all their fancy degrees and credentials, who are wedded to the Western Medicine-style, mainstream drug treatment culture have had nothing at all to say about the kind of common sense, take-personal-control-of-your-own-health measures I just described above? One would think that if these public health officials and the Faucis of this world were truly concerned about helping to keep Americans healthy during this "pandemic", that such advice would be flowing freely. But it has not! And that kind of silence alone speaks very loudly to me. Evidently, these public health officials don't want to encourage Americans to take charge of their own well being. So, they don't preach self-control, but rather State control.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)