Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Paul Braseth
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 03:32 PM   #5
Dan Montilion

I sat with and conversed about handicapping many a times with Paul. Paul was good friends with Ron Cox. I subscribed to Ron's NORTHERN CALIFORNIA TRACK product and eventually became co-editor. In fact when Paul decided to provide a similar product, NORTHWEST TRACK REVIEW Ron made many suggestions. Paul's strength as a handicapper was trainers, I was fortunate to know him and invest along side of him. After Longacres season would end Paul would come down to No. Cal. Great times can you imagine going to Bay Meadows with detailed trip, speed and pace ratings for the shippers from LGA? And there were many and many good days. After LGA was sold Paul gave up the newsletter business and moved to San Francisco and was a steady full time player for years. I lost track of Paul and sincerely hope he is alive and well collecting tickets. Paul was also the subject of a chapter in Jim Quinn's NEW EXPERT HANDICAPPERS. In that book Paul relates his biggest one race score at the time. I can attest to it as I fortunatley was there sitting amongst Cox and Braseth. In fact I think I actually have a few of those Big Dan Ryan dollars somewhere.

Anthony Bourdain
Dan Montilion is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)