Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-26-2002, 07:28 PM   #5
mgroves

Nathan,

I guess that's one way to find out if other programs have similar features. I'll change that ad.

Maybe we are working on the same thing. Sounds like both your program and QuickHorse will allow users to construct their own algorythms.

Based on my experience, talking to QuickDog users for the past 2 years as we developed it, I find that the idea of simply downloading programs via the internet, let alone "programming", is very foreign to most dog handicappers.

Therefore we are a little timid about providing this feature, however, we realize, and you probably do to, that if a "programming language" is developed that's easy enough for them to use, well, it would also be easy for us to use as well, and we may find that users simply wish to pay a flat rate for "their method" to be "programmed", just so they can backtest it and tune it.

While seeking ideas for QuickDog, we had no problem with volunteers. So far we've had little input on our QuickHorse board. And that's why we've turned toward this feature that you just described so well.

Could be that current users have just downloaded QuickHorse in the past couple of days and are learning to use it as is before commenting, or, as some "intellectual" on this board noted earlier, we could have "quickpoop"...

But, that's the beauty of designing and building software with an internet audience. Our "poop" will be exactly what our users asked for! And that's a good thing.

I look forward to exchanging some ideas with you Nathan. We're attempting to come up with a quick, intuitive interface which most will be able to use to program. But, that's challenging!

Thanks for the post.

Mike
mgroves is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)