Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #59
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobzilla
IWR ran the last 2.5 furlongs of the race in a blazing 30 seconds, actually a smidgen under. It doesn't require a doctorate in pace dynamics to realize that if IC was 8 lenghts back at 3/4 then it wasn't likely he was going to be running down an eventual 113 BSF winner who was back a head at 3/4.
These are important points, and I am big on closing times. IWR did well both visually and with the clock. A sub 30(29.93) last 2.5 is very good on the dirt for 1 1/16th. I still have to do some homework on the rest of that card to see how fast they were all coming home. For Comparison Friesan Fire came home in about 31.17 in the Risen Star over the Fair Grounds track that day.
Imperial Council also came home in around 30 seconds which is pretty quick. I wasn't visually impressed from his race, and the fact that he never contested at any point. I give IC less credit than IWR who dueled outside most of the race, and finished even a little better actually winning the race. It wasn't a terrible race from Imperial Council, and a lot of handicappers are fairly high on him. Have to keep watching both of these and see how they run next.

I am also not crazy about Imperial Council's stride conformation. He hooks his left-front out wide, and then to compensate he brings it across and nearly hits/crosses the path of his right front.
not as clear as the head-on, but you can kind of see here:
stretch of Gotham
GP Allowance

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)