Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board


View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 11:34 AM   #44
dilanesp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,759
Rep Power: 14 dilanesp is a jewel in the roughdilanesp is a jewel in the roughdilanesp is a jewel in the roughdilanesp is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Put an end to computer-robotic wagering...and this odds-dropping problem is over, IMO. These "bigshots" are already getting rebated to the hilt...why should they also be allowed to place thousands of different wagers at a click of a button at the very end of the betting period?

They say that 20% of the wagering pool comes from computer-robotic wagering; should the 20% gain prominence over the other 80%?
One idea I have toyed with is shutting off remote betting 1 minute before post but allowing onsite betting, with perhaps a dollar limit, until the gates open.

That would reward people who attend the races live. But current business models at many tracks are so reliant on remote handle that it probably wouldn't work.
dilanesp is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
 
» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Reason for drop off...
More computer programs are 'playing' - 18.00%
9 Votes
An unknown or undetectable drug is in use. - 8.00%
4 Votes
Loss of fresh money in pools (only seasoned players left) - 62.00%
31 Votes
Other - 12.00%
6 Votes
Total Votes: 50
This poll is closed.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2018 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.