Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 05:10 PM   #58
pandy

Latest I've heard

I was just talking to a friend of mine who’s a pro gambler at the Meadowlands. He made a good point that they also receive tips, by the way, so they make extra money off the books.

But he’s been talking to the tellers every night and he said that the older guys (they call them the 76ers) are defiant. They are still pissed over the pay cut they took a few years ago and they saying things like F Christie and F Gural we're not caving in. They also think that they’re calling Gural’s bluff and that he’ll cave in. It’s unbelievable. My friend and someone well known in the industry have been trying to talk some sense to them.

The younger tellers are voting yes, of course, they don’t want to lose their jobs.

One thing I didn’t know, Gural is also cutting their paid vacation days. These guys get 24 paid vacation days. They have that entitlement attitude, like the world owes them a living because they're in the union.

One thing that I find incredible about all of this, one of the reasons why these guys don’t give a damn is because they're going to collect unemployment if the track closes. This is amazing. They should not be allowed to collect unemployment. Unemployment is for people that get fired. These guys are turning down a job at $19.20 an hour, with full health benefits, paid vacation, etc. And they are eligible to collect? Insanity.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)