Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board


Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Gulfstream sticking it to horseplayers again (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142505)

Lemon Drop Husker 12-30-2017 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2255347)
You make a new ad, come on. It isn't that tough. Ads get pulled all the time as situations change. And six months? Come on, you could do that in a day.

Why is it offensive?

Or are people just overly sensitive nowadays?

cj 12-30-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker (Post 2255352)
Why is it offensive?

Or are people just overly sensitive nowadays?

Maybe you are underly sensitive? Horses on fire just not a good look right now in my opinion. Obviously you disagree. I'm sure you didn't really need me to tell you why I find it offensive, right?

AltonKelsey 12-30-2017 02:32 PM

The Ad is unfortunate. They really should pull it, if they haven't already.

Lemon Drop Husker 12-30-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2255355)
Maybe you are underly sensitive? Horses on fire just not a good look right now in my opinion. Obviously you disagree. I'm sure you didn't really need me to tell you why I find it offensive, right?

Ok. They budget this ad, and then are stormed by other expenses including Hurricane Irma.

GS has given to Cali racing. Do you want them to expend more expenses that will be put on the horseplayer, which is what will more than likely happen with a better ad that 1 out of 1,000 people will see?

cj 12-30-2017 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker (Post 2255371)
Ok. They budget this ad, and then are stormed by other expenses including Hurricane Irma.

GS has given to Cali racing. Do you want them to expend more expenses that will be put on the horseplayer, which is what will more than likely happen with a better ad that 1 out of 1,000 people will see?

Come on, an eight grader could make that ad in his basement in a day.

Lemon Drop Husker 12-30-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2255374)
Come on, an eight grader could make that ad in his basement in a day.

Well, I assume you are above 8th grade.

Make it and send it to them to make as their ad.

You are bitching to bitch.

cj 12-30-2017 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker (Post 2255379)
Well, I assume you are above 8th grade.

Make it and send it to them to make as their ad.

You are bitching to bitch.

Yeah, you're right. Its my fault. Gulfstream is perfect. Carry on.

Lemon Drop Husker 12-30-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2255382)
Yeah, you're right. Its my fault. Gulfstream is perfect. Carry on.

Yep, that is exactly what I said.

Grow up man. Have some balls to look at a different opinion than your own.

And yes. Carry on.

PaceAdvantage 12-30-2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2255374)
Come on, an eight grader could make that ad in his basement in a day.

Yup

PaceAdvantage 12-30-2017 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker (Post 2255388)
Have some balls to look at a different opinion than your own.

That's a good one. I'll put that in my book of totally ridiculous comebacks.

Denny 12-30-2017 02:55 PM

Unbelievably bad taste by the Stronach Group to show that add of a horse appearing to be on fire after San Luis Downs fire.

Another reason to add to my list on why I HATE GP and don't ever bet them.

How about the FINISH LINE on Turf races.

WHERE IS IT EXACTLY?

Are we supposed to guess based on some red tape on the rail?

Look at some photo-finish photos on a close finish. The RED TAPE extends BEYOND where the horses are!

PaceAdvantage 12-30-2017 02:58 PM

While complaining endlessly about the shortcomings of certain (all?) tracks is cool and all, I start thinking, after reading these things over and over again, that some of that "bitching time" could be better spent actually improving your handicapping skills. That is, if they could use improving, as I know most everyone who posts here thinks they are the best handicapper in the world...but only most of you, not all of you.

"All of you" is reserved for those posting on twitter. :lol::lol::lol:

cj 12-30-2017 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2255403)
While complaining endlessly about the shortcomings of certain (all?) tracks is cool and all, I start thinking, after reading these things over and over again, that some of that "bitching time" could be better spent actually improving your handicapping skills. That is, if they could use improving, as I know most everyone who posts here thinks they are the best handicapper in the world...but only most of you, not all of you.

"All of you" is reserved for those posting on twitter. :lol::lol::lol:

I post while handicapping, doesn't take me long. :)

cj 12-30-2017 03:03 PM

Gulfstream has deleted the tweet apparently. Good for them.

jay68802 12-30-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denny (Post 2255399)
Unbelievably bad taste by the Stronach Group to show that add of a horse appearing to be on fire after San Luis Downs fire.

Another reason to add to my list on why I HATE GP and don't ever bet them.

How about the FINISH LINE on Turf races.

WHERE IS IT EXACTLY?

Are we supposed to guess based on some red tape on the rail?

Look at some photo-finish photos on a close finish. The RED TAPE extends BEYOND where the horses are!

Depends on if they are using the regular finish line or the "alternative" finish line. They have two of them.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2018 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which handicapping software has given you the best ROI?
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2018 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.