Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board


Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   TVG- Gino (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120351)

big frank 02-12-2015 10:08 PM

TVG- Gino
 
He seems like a good guy ,,,,, BUT he is the biggest crybaby of all time..... He always had the right horse but had bad luck..........The most annoying guy on the network ,,,,,,, It's hard to listen at times when he is on

horses4courses 02-12-2015 10:13 PM

Psssst......there's always the mute button until they're loading the gate. ;)

zico20 02-12-2015 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horses4courses
Psssst......there's always the mute button until they're loading the gate. ;)

Yes, he is annoying. The other one I can't listen to is Britney Eurton. She just seems like an airhead to me. I assume she got the job because of her father. At least I think it is her dad, Peter.

Stillriledup 02-12-2015 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zico20
Yes, he is annoying. The other one I can't listen to is Britney Eurton. She just seems like an airhead to me. I assume she got the job because of her father. At least I think it is her dad, Peter.

Doesn't everyone have a job because of a relative or friend? Do companies hire blindly off resume's anymore?

Clocker 02-12-2015 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zico20
The other one I can't listen to is Britney Eurton.

I have no idea if she knows anything about horses. Her voice is painful to my ears and makes me immediately reach for the mute. At the risk of disclosing my age, she sounds like fingernails on a blackboard.

But actually, I pretty much keep all of them on mute lately. Most of them, especially Matt and Tom, think that analysis consist of reading the highlights of the PPs as quickly as possible.

Rich Perloff is about the best regular on the show as far as offering information. Simon lets some good stuff slip out once in a while when he isn't engaged in witty patter with the gang or reeling off his exotic picks.

There are two analysts that I really pay attention to: Dawn at Woodbine and Christina at Monmouth.

Racey 02-12-2015 11:46 PM

Britney
 
Is super cute....that is why she is on lol.

FrankieFigs 02-13-2015 11:19 AM

As far as Gino complaining....doesn't he sound like 95% of the folks we see at the track or OTB's? :)

onefast99 02-13-2015 11:59 AM

One thing I always remember my dad telling me "if you think you can do a better job then complain all you want" their job isn't easy sometimes they get sidetracked the shows they do are completely unrehearsed they have an earpiece and someone is updating them while they attempt to talk, try that 4 days a week and see how you do. Give him credit he is doing what he loves!

NY BRED 02-14-2015 08:16 AM

TVG Announcers
 
like "Jason" they never disappear, but either go to HRTV or return
to TVG.
I maintain there should either be a fan email selection service
and or a chimp on the show who would pick a # (or #"S) for
an exacta/tri/superfecta to compare ROI"S with the TVG experts.

Finally, I enjoyed Matt since he was a real fan of racing and , at the
very least , humble in his selections. More importantly, he made sense
even if he missed, and rarely complained or made excuses for his loss,
which isn't the case with these knuckleheads.

The TVG crew are simply awful in their selections, and yes, I have
learned there is a mute button.

tanner12oz 02-14-2015 08:25 AM

Todd is the worst..gino is a young guy and I think emotions get the best of him at times. I think hes a legit player though which leads to some of the crying. Nobody else is crying cuz nobody is really playing there picks..think gino plays alot of his

tanner12oz 02-14-2015 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onefast99
One thing I always remember my dad telling me "if you think you can do a better job then complain all you want" their job isn't easy sometimes they get sidetracked the shows they do are completely unrehearsed they have an earpiece and someone is updating them while they attempt to talk, try that 4 days a week and see how you do. Give him credit he is doing what he loves!

I have laughed my ass off at times. The unscripted nature can be a train wreck or tv gold.

castaway01 02-14-2015 08:38 AM

I've listened to horseplayers whine for 20 years, so listening to some kid complain about losing now and then is just part of the game. I'll be listening to Seahawks fans whine for 20 years about the Super Bowl. People love to complain.

Stillriledup 02-14-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zico20
Yes, he is annoying. The other one I can't listen to is Britney Eurton. She just seems like an airhead to me. I assume she got the job because of her father. At least I think it is her dad, Peter.

Its tough for a "hard core" player to listen to someone they feel hasn't been thru the school of hard knocks....these aren't people who were doing live double headers (pre simo days) in the 1980s and 1990s, these aren't people who grew up around the real hard core gambling part of the sport, they grew up in "cushy" surroundings and aren't really "battle tested" sort of speak and i think that "irks" some people.

Lemon Drop Husker 02-14-2015 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankieFigs
As far as Gino complaining....doesn't he sound like 95% of the folks we see at the track or OTB's? :)

My thoughts as well. We've all heard the consistent complaining while attending any track across the country. He is just a younger and more vocal version of what we see every day. Personally, I like to see youth in Gino and Caleb on the TVG staff. Really like Caleb. Good kid.

In the end, I like TVG. I know, I know, that is blasphemy. But hey, if anybody wants to devote a TV network to just horse racing, and talk about it all day, then I'm all ears. Opinions are just that. You don't have to bet them, but you can use them to formulate your own.

Stillriledup 02-14-2015 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
My thoughts as well. We've all heard the consistent complaining while attending any track across the country. He is just a younger and more vocal version of what we see every day. Personally, I like to see youth in Gino and Caleb on the TVG staff. Really like Caleb. Good kid.

In the end, I like TVG. I know, I know, that is blasphemy. But hey, if anybody wants to devote a TV network to just horse racing, and talk about it all day, then I'm all ears. Opinions are just that. You don't have to bet them, but you can use them to formulate your own.

Its ok to like TVG, but wouldn't you prefer less clowing around and more serious business? After all, we DO take horse betting seriously.

Don't we?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2018 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Do you bet Justify to win/single on Belmont day or do you spread?
Yes, he's a single and wins Triple Crown. - 22.89%
19 Votes
No, I'm gonna use him but spread - 33.73%
28 Votes
Toss - 39.76%
33 Votes
Doesn't run - 3.61%
3 Votes
Total Votes: 83
This poll is closed.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2018 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.