Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Deficit (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143150)

Show Me the Wire 09-11-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2369346)
Who cares about the deficit? All that matters is that TRUMP WON!...and whatever else happens in the next 6 years is just icing on the cake! :ThmbUp:

Why didn't the Obama supporters here think of such a slogan after the Bush presidency? "That's okay...at least there is no more GWB", should have been the rallying cry of the democrats here...whenever Obama got blasted by our conservative brethren.

The Obama supporters' slogan for eight years was, "everything is Bush's fault". If they would have used the slogan, you suggest, "no more "GWB", Obama would have had to take the blame for his policies, and that is absolutely unacceptable.

I wonder why Obama is not trying to take credit for the deficit, since it is part of the current economy for which is vying to take credit?

The new Obama supporter slogan is, "Obama is responsible for all of the current administration's successful policies, instead of "everything is GWB's fault.

It is good to be Obama you get to have your cake and eat it too.

reckless 09-11-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2369346)
Who cares about the deficit? All that matters is that TRUMP WON!...and whatever else happens in the next 6 years is just icing on the cake! :ThmbUp: ...

Finally, you post something worth repeating. :D

To all those that worry about the deficit... seriously, chill out until the debt reaches about 130 per cent of GDP. It's about 105 per cent right now. When it reaches 130 percent I'll give you permission to worry. :)

Anyway, why worry in the first place?? The world will probably end before we reach 130 percent so enjoy the champagne while it's still bubbly.

lansdale 09-11-2018 05:45 PM

Col. John Boyd

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff P (Post 2333663)
Anybody remember this story from 1986?

LA Times|July 30, 1986|JACK SMITH|
$37 screws, a $7,622 coffee maker, $640 toilet seats; : suppliers to our military just won't be oversold:
http://articles.latimes.com/1986-07-...vw-18804_1_nut

and:

I suspect very little has changed in the 32 years since the above story appeared in the LA Times.

If it were up to me: There would be more of a concerted effort towards reigning in runaway government spending and eliminating government waste.

-jp

Hi Jeff,

Your post reminded me of 'Ayatolloah' John Boyd, the former Korean War fighter pilot who led the assault on Pentagon waste in the '80s. Most people have heard of or seen the movie 'Top Gun' -- an outstanding pilot, Boyd was the guy who wrote the training manual used by the Navy Fighter Weapons School therein depicted. His focus on air combat maneuvers developed into lifelong study of military strategy, culminating in the development of his own strategy, which would eventually be used by the U.S. military in Gulf War I.

His war against Pentagon procurement corruption was a much more bitter and only partially successful endeavor, doubtless costing him not only a general's star, but a significant measure of domestic tranquility. He wasn't averse to military hardware -- he was one of the co-designers of the original F-16 -- but he despised the high proportion of flawed and worthless weapons systems rubber-stamped into existence by a congress controlled by a rapacious defense industry.

Link below to his bio, for those interested.

https://www.amazon.com/Boyd-Fighter-.../dp/0316796883

elysiantraveller 09-11-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire (Post 2369349)
The Obama supporters' slogan for eight years was, "everything is Bush's fault". If they would have used the slogan, you suggest, "no more "GWB", Obama would have had to take the blame for his policies, and that is absolutely unacceptable.

I wonder why Obama is not trying to take credit for the deficit, since it is part of the current economy for which is vying to take credit?

The new Obama supporter slogan is, "Obama is responsible for all of the current administration's successful policies, instead of "everything is GWB's fault.

30% increase in deficit spending 2017 to 2018...

I don't really know how you pin that on Obama.

thaskalos 09-11-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire (Post 2369349)

No...I don't agree with you. The Obama supporters don't even have to mention Obama anymore when referring to Trump. The current White House mayhem dominates the news every day...and renders all additional commentary unnecessary.

Show Me the Wire 09-11-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elysiantraveller (Post 2369356)
30% increase in deficit spending 2017 to 2018...

I don't really know how you pin that on Obama.

Read my post again, I didn't pin on or credit Obama for anything except for his penchant of blaming others for his failures and trying to take credit for other people's success.

Show Me the Wire 09-11-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2369359)
No...I don't agree with you. The Obama supporters don't even have to mention Obama anymore when referring to Trump. The current White House mayhem dominates the news every day...and renders all additional commentary unnecessary.

Yes, sensationalized opinion news based on anonymous and unnamed sources.:ThmbUp:

thaskalos 09-11-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire (Post 2369361)
Yes, sensationalized opinion news based on anonymous and unnamed sources.:ThmbUp:

You know what the Republicans like to say: "If there is smoke...." :ThmbUp:

Show Me the Wire 09-11-2018 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2369362)

You don't need smoke to make people believe there is a fire, all you need is some anonymous person to yell "fire". Just yelling fire doesn't make it so, does it?

elysiantraveller 09-11-2018 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2369362)

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/2q97...-is-fine.0.jpg

Show Me the Wire 09-11-2018 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elysiantraveller (Post 2369366)

What happened for your requirement of news being sourced in the other thread? I am :eek::eek::eek:

elysiantraveller 09-11-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire (Post 2369368)
What happened for your requirement of news being sourced in the other thread? I am :eek::eek::eek:

The deficit stuff is pretty well sourced.

What other stuff are you talking about?

Show Me the Wire 09-11-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elysiantraveller (Post 2369372)
The deficit stuff is pretty well sourced.

What other stuff are you talking about?

Thask's statement, you quoted, in your reply had no mention or connection to the deficit. The quoted post had been made in reply to my post about news reports being based on anonymous and unnamed sources.

The question is why would you conflate, in your flaming meme, with reporting based on anonymous and unnamed sources to show a dog sitting in his while the house burning down. Is it some sort of dog whistle post? Are you suggesting the President's supporters are dogs?

elysiantraveller 09-11-2018 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire (Post 2369383)
Thask's statement, you quoted, in your reply had no mention or connection to the deficit. The quoted post had been made in reply to my post about news reports being based on anonymous and unnamed sources.

The question is why would you conflate, in your flaming meme, with reporting based on anonymous and unnamed sources to show a dog sitting in his while the house burning down. Is it some sort of dog whistle post? Are you suggesting the President's supporters are dogs?

The meme is sarcastic humor.

If you have something specific you'd like to bring up go for it.

Tom 09-11-2018 07:22 PM

The deficit is important, but it is not the top of the list of
urgency. Funny now that a repub is in office the tax and spend libs are showing concern about it. :lol:

After more people get into jobs and the tax base increase, the deficit can be addressed,

Not sure it will happen, but the court is far more important.
We need to have our own resistance and safe the country for generations to come. We already have a couple of cancer on the court. Hopefully, they will either leave or die soon. Sounds harsh, but a couple of people as opposed to the welfare of millions.......no brainer. Whatever it takes.