Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Handicapping Software (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   AllData PPs.xls latest version (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65321)

raybo 01-04-2010 10:49 AM

AllData PPs.xls latest version

I have uploaded the latest version of my Excel template (containing all 1435 data fields from Bris/TSN single file data files).

The new version contains an auto-paceline selection process, as well as, a manual over-ride for the auto-selected lines.

You can go to my website for the download, on the "AllData" tab. The file name is: "alldata_pps_1.3.zip".

Go to the "AllData Blog" tab to see my comments on the use of the new feature, ie: setting the criteria defaults, setting the criteria category rankings, etc..

I will be uploading a more detailed help file on the "AllData" page later.

If you have not visited my website and want to give the spreadsheet a go, please check the "Infotran" page, as well, and read all the instruction files for both Infotran and AllData PPs.

douglasw32 01-04-2010 07:29 PM

THANK YOU !!!!

raybo 01-04-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by douglasw32
THANK YOU !!!!

No prob, Doug.

I'm gonna download your program as well, been thinking that there might be a way to interface your program's outputs with AllData.

Also, thinking some about including the process for loading the .xrd results files and macroing the pp data and the results to an Excel db sheet. I've done this before with an earlier spreadsheet I wrote.

raybo 01-04-2010 10:28 PM

bug found in the new version

A bug was reported with the latest version of "AllData PPs.xls". I fixed it and republished it. So, Doug and anyone else who has already downloaded the new version already, you will need to redownload it again.

The fixed file is the same name and in the same place on the "Alldata" page.

Sorry about the oversite, I should have caught it before publishing.

Ray

raybo 01-07-2010 03:19 PM

Latest of the latest version

After having another report of problems with macros in ver 1.3, I went back, again, and checked/fixed and tested every macro in AllData PPs, ver 1.3.zip. It works fine in Excel 2000 and 2003. I suggest that if you have downloaded ver 1.3 previous to this post that you replace your copy with the one on the "Alldata" page on my site.

The newest version is also named: "alldata_pps_1.3.zip"

PS: I've already begun creating the "Summaries" sheet which will isolate the final selected paceline data, for each of the horses, all in one view. This view will be compressed enough, I hope, that you will be able to print it (in landscape mode) on one page.

cklv 01-07-2010 09:35 PM

Thanks

This is great.

raybo 01-09-2010 04:50 PM

I've added another tab to the "AllData" site named: "Modifying AllData PPs".

It contains an exercise suggested by Geoff, one of our users, to add a simple tutorial for adding EPS (earnings per start) to the spreadsheet. I had been thinking of doing a tutorial that would give a brief example of some of the ways to work with Excel and his suggestion was well timed.

So, if you're using Excel (or thinking about it) and you're not an Excel guru, stop by and check it out.

Feel free to comment on anything on the site or in the spreadsheet by clicking the "AllData Blog" tab and posting there.

raybo 01-16-2010 12:49 AM

AllData PPs, version 2.0, is uploaded to the AllData site, on the "AllData" page.

Version 2.0 contains the 1st of at least 2 "Summary" views. This one is a summary for the PPs (Past Performances). It shows all the horses in the race, along with their respective final paceline selection.

I've added a little "conditional formatting" (green cell shading) to some of the columns that highlights the top 3 numbers/figures in each of the affected columns.

I also added a couple of sets of data, to the right of the PPs data, to show one way of working with the raw data to get something else. Just click any of the cells in these areas to see what's going on.

If you are having any problems or have comments about anything on the site or in any of the versions please post here or in the blog on the site.

Thanks!!

raybo 01-16-2010 08:55 PM

AllData PPs Help file is uploaded to the "AllData" page on the site. The file name is: alldata_pps_help.rtf". I think everything is in there, from Infotran to AllData PPs.xls Version 2.0.

Partsnut 01-21-2010 08:44 AM

Using Infotran With Windows Vista 64

Hi Ray,

First let me say that you did a great piece of work which I'm sure is appreciated by many of us, myself included.

I am using Vista 64 as my operating system and have to use DOS BOX to run Infotran.
The program goes through all the iterations but produces a spurious result when opened up in your alldata spreadsheet.
Is there a version of Infotran that would be more compatible with my operating system.

Any help would be appreciated.

raybo 01-21-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partsnut
Hi Ray,

First let me say that you did a great piece of work which I'm sure is appreciated by many of us, myself included.

I am using Vista 64 as my operating system and have to use DOS BOX to run Infotran.
The program goes through all the iterations but produces a spurious result when opened up in your alldata spreadsheet.
Is there a version of Infotran that would be more compatible with my operating system.

Any help would be appreciated.

No, there is only 1 version of Infotran. If you can run a DOS program on your computer, no matter what utility you have to use to enable the running of DOS, the resulting text file should be exactly like ours.

I would think that, if you're getting "spurious" results when opening the text file in AllData PPs, then something else is causing the problem, not Infotran.

Maybe someone else on the forum knows about 64 bit machines and running DOS on them.

If so, please chime in!!

Partsnut 01-21-2010 03:23 PM

raybo:
Quote:

I would think that, if you're getting "spurious" results when opening the text file in AllData PPs, then something else is causing the problem, not Infotran.
Ray, you were absolutely right. After re-reading your instructions, I got it to work. It's a beautiful piece of work and I appreciate your willingness to share.

raybo 01-21-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partsnut
raybo:

Ray, you were absolutely right. After re-reading your instructions, I got it to work. It's a beautiful piece of work and I appreciate your willingness to share.

No problem and THANKS!!!

raybo 01-21-2010 08:39 PM

AllData PPs Version 2.1 is uploaded to the AllData site.

V2.1 adds the "Summary RRs" view to the spreadsheet. It's done the same way as the "Summary PPs" except you get the Race Ratings (Sartin figures) data instead of the DRF style past performance data.

The "Summary RRs" are directly below the "Summary PPs" so you can see them both in the same view.

I also updated the help file to include V2.1.

shoelessjoe 01-21-2010 10:18 PM

Ray, You have really done a fantastic job with your updated version,anyone using Sartin figures should really check it out.