Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Is it just me, or has hurricane season been pretty quiet? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172566)

PaceAdvantage 09-19-2022 02:35 AM

Is it just me, or has hurricane season been pretty quiet?

1 Attachment(s)
We're over 3 months into hurricane season, and this one down in Puerto Rico is the first one I can recall this year.

Hurricane season runs from June 1 - Nov 30

And I just checked the National Hurricane website...yup...this is the first Atlantic hurricane (attachment)...everything else has been a tropical storm (all three).

So much for global warming stirring up more hurricanes...I guess...it's been painfully quiet this year.

Poor Greta.

tucker6 09-19-2022 05:56 AM

Actually this is the third hurricane this month but your point is well taken. It IS a quiet year not only in the Atlantic but globally. It is well known that the Atlantic has 25-30 year oscillations between active and non-active periods for hurricanes. This year is thought to represent the first year of the non-active phase. It is due.

Greta and friends will never tell you that though. Just like they won't tell you that despite the global economy shutting down in 2020, CO2 emissions climbed at the EXACT same rate as before. So much for humans being the cause of global warming.

BroadwayJoe 09-19-2022 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tucker6 (Post 2831421)
Actually this is the third hurricane this month but your point is well taken. It IS a quiet year not only in the Atlantic but globally. It is well known that the Atlantic has 25-30 year oscillations between active and non-active periods for hurricanes. This year is thought to represent the first year of the non-active phase. It is due.

Greta and friends will never tell you that though. Just like they won't tell you that despite the global economy shutting down in 2020, CO2 emissions climbed at the EXACT same rate as before. So much for humans being the cause of global warming.

Lets keep our fingers crossed ..

Don't think the economy can handle more disasters

vegasone 09-19-2022 08:06 AM

Report finds ‘no evidence’ of a climate emergency

Tom 09-19-2022 10:38 AM

Biden's fault, Supply chain issues.

xtb 09-19-2022 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2831419)
We're over 3 months into hurricane season, and this one down in Puerto Rico is the first one I can recall this year.

And I just checked the National Hurricane website...yup...this is the first Atlantic hurricane (attachment)...everything else has been a tropical storm (all three).

So much for global warming stirring up more hurricanes...I guess...it's been painfully quiet this year.

Poor Greta.

Tom 09-19-2022 12:02 PM

Ah, the first big wind of the year.

BroadwayJoe 09-19-2022 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2831457)
Ah, the first big wind of the year.

not really...I pass big winds every hour :D

boxcar 09-19-2022 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe (Post 2831461)
not really...I pass big winds every hour :D

As do most libs. This accounts for their insatiable affinity for gaslighting. :coffee:

woodbinepmi 09-19-2022 01:17 PM

Living here in south Louisiana, please don't jinx it.

BroadwayJoe 09-19-2022 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodbinepmi (Post 2831465)

Sure OK...I"ll lay off my broccoli salad today

:headbanger:

JustRalph 09-19-2022 02:37 PM

Quote:

Amen!

boxcar 09-19-2022 06:22 PM

Quote:

I'll second that motion. I live in "hurricane alley" in S.E. Florida.

mhaney0423 09-19-2022 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2831419)

Poor Greta.

Most rigged hurricane season ever :D

PaceAdvantage 09-23-2022 11:15 AM

It's early...but this one isn't looking too good for Florida at the moment:

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graph...e_and_wind.png