Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   W O W ! ! ! ! (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137272)

ArlJim78 03-25-2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex Phinney (Post 2142725)
In the replay you can see he is passing horses in 2 or 3 strides, gobbling them up afterburner style. Then he actually takes (or initiates) a pretty good thud with Mutajiib, and finishes off the final two in front of him just for fun. It's like watching a horserace on a video game, it doesn't even seem real.

Caught that. After a couple of good cracks at the start, and a long sustained wide drive, he again bumps with Mubtahij before easily pulling away from everyone. What does it take to stop this horse?

Lemon Drop Husker 03-25-2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex Phinney (Post 2142725)
In the replay you can see he is passing horses in 2 or 3 strides, gobbling them up afterburner style. Then he actually takes (or initiates) a pretty good thud with Mutajiib, and finishes off the final two in front of him just for fun. It's like watching a horserace on a video game, it doesn't even seem real.

:pound:

Yes, it is like having Bo Jackson on TECMO Bowl. :lol:

pandy 03-25-2017 01:44 PM

I wonder how many feet he lost racing wide...I thought Chrome's World Cup wide trip was monstrous, this was even more impressive, he was so wide.

Hank 03-25-2017 01:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cue Jack Buck.

AltonKelsey 03-25-2017 01:45 PM

Yeah, well I don't feel so badly thinking it was over after that brutal squeezed start, since Baffert was of the same mind.

The race call didn't really do him justice, and I lost track of where he was.

Like that, he was bearing down on the leaders.

A WTF moment for sure.

ArlJim78 03-25-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandy (Post 2142733)
I wonder how many feet he lost racing wide...I thought Chrome's World Cup wide trip was monstrous, this was even more impressive, he was so wide.

cj posted on twitter that he lost 93 ft or roughly 11 lengths.
Let that sink in.

GaryG 03-25-2017 01:47 PM

I don't have much to add, but I have been watching races since Gallant Man and Round Table and I have never seen anything like this. There are just no words.

One other thing, I was glad to see mostpost include Citation among the all time greats. I thought I was alone with that one. You have to look at Big Cy's record before the injury, not when they brought him back at five to chase the $1 mil.

Run Nicholas Run 03-25-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker (Post 2142731)
:pound:

Yes, it is like having Bo Jackson on TECMO Bowl. :lol:

Bo knows Horse racing??

Lemon Drop Husker 03-25-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArlJim78 (Post 2142738)
cj posted on twitter that he lost 93 ft or roughly 11 lengths.
Let that sink in.

New video of Arrogate's win.

Augenj 03-25-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReplayRandall (Post 2142713)
For those who missed the race, here it is:
https://youtu.be/gi-LRY7efVA

Thanks, Randall. Being on Pacific time I managed to miss it. What a horse. He could make another lap and still not be winded. :)

098poi 03-25-2017 01:55 PM

Not to be a downer but I am not a fan of the way they shoot the race. The drive in front of the pack looks cool on some level but as far as following a particular horse it makes it very difficult.

Grits 03-25-2017 01:56 PM

One extra observation....

Yes. The world may run, primarily, on TURF.

But. We do DIRT better than anyone.

Arrogate, GunRunner, and Neolithic creating the Trifecta.

We were stars in the desert tonight. ;)

jahura2 03-25-2017 02:07 PM

I'm still trembling. I've been around to see, Big Red, Mohammed Ali, Jordan, Jim Brown....you can put Arrogate in that same sentence of greatness!

rsetup 03-25-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandy (Post 2142733)

Except for the last part of the stretch turn, he was ALWAYS behind horses. Masterful ride by Smith, in that respect. Even going into the stretch turn he had him behind/between horses. More important to me than being wide on the backstretch.

By comparison, Gun Runner and, of course, Hoppertunity (with Johnny V up) never got any cover.

Anyone know here the results charts for the card are located?

Rex Phinney 03-25-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AltonKelsey (Post 2142735)

The race call didn't really do him justice, and I lost track of where he was.

I had an eye on him the entire time, but I think you are right, seeing as he was gobbling horses up nearly the entire far turn it was a little odd that the only mention of him was that "he was being asked but still 8 lengths back".

I'm thinking, is this guy watching the same race as the rest of us???