Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Why doesn’t NYRA have any female jockeys ? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171944)

westernmassbob 08-09-2022 06:35 PM

Why doesn’t NYRA have any female jockeys ?

The greatest jockey colony in the country which is a relatively small one doesn’t attract any female riders ? Why is that ? Del Mar has a good jockey colony and a very deep jockey colony which includes two female jockeys. Was it Maylan Studart who rode there last ? Maybe they are intimidated riding in New York.? I know Maylan had some type of head injury that kept her out of the game but she has never been shy about stating other reasons.

PaceAdvantage 08-09-2022 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westernmassbob (Post 2823110)
The greatest jockey colony in the country which is a relatively small one doesn’t attract any female riders ? Why is that ? Del Mar has a good jockey colony and a very deep jockey colony which includes two female jockeys. Was it Maylan Studart who rode there last ? Maybe they are intimidated riding in New York.? I know Maylan had some type of head injury that kept her out of the game but she has never been shy about stating other reasons.

They don't like the 2nd ave deli...is what I heard

KirisClown 08-09-2022 07:07 PM

Jackie Davis rode at Belmont and Aqueduct.

Which female jockey should be riding at Saratoga that isnt?

cj 08-09-2022 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirisClown (Post 2823119)

Here's the list:

westernmassbob 08-09-2022 07:18 PM

Quote:

Coming to Saratoga would be a bit late to the game. I know of one who could have had a great future with NYRA as a jockey but she did the next best thing. 🤣😂🤣

ScottJ 08-09-2022 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westernmassbob (Post 2823110)

Maylan Studart successfully completed her undergraduate degree on Long Island and parlayed that into a position with Merrill-Lynch as a financial advisor. She has taken a couple of mounts in paralllel since that post, but she has been moving forward on several different paths.

Both Jackie Davis and Tammi Piermarini have ridden the New York circuit during the winter and spring seasons. Carol Cedeno has popped up during the same period and I might have missed an appearance from Chantal Sutherland.

Now that we have effectively debunked your attempt at a gender debate, please do not conflate the Saratoga meeting with the Aqueduct winter opportunities.

westernmassbob 08-09-2022 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottJ (Post 2823127)
Maylan Studart successfully completed her undergraduate degree on Long Island and parlayed that into a position with Merrill-Lynch as a financial advisor. She has taken a couple of mounts in paralllel since that post, but she has been moving forward on several different paths.

Both Jackie Davis and Tammi Piermarini have ridden the New York circuit during the winter and spring seasons. Carol Cedeno has popped up during the same period and I might have missed an appearance from Chantal Sutherland.

Now that we have effectively debunked your attempt at a gender debate, please do not conflate the Saratoga meeting with the Aqueduct winter opportunities.

Oh I know all about Maylan as she is a friend of mine.

The jockeys you mentioned picked up mounts here and there. I was more looking at it as a full time spot. No gender debate here just wondering why the females don’t set up permanent residency in NY ? Surely there has to be someone interested.

affirmedny 08-09-2022 07:32 PM

Quote:

She had some mounts @ toga in July

Tom 08-09-2022 07:32 PM

I'm interested in running the track bar at Belmont.

See where I'm going? :rolleyes:

Jackie Davis currently riding at 14% at FL, in 5th place overall.

westernmassbob 08-09-2022 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2823134)
I'm interested in running the track bar at Belmont.

See where I'm going? :rolleyes:

Jackie Davis currently riding at 14% at FL, in 5th place overall.

Maybe she can move her tact to Aqueduct soon.

elhelmete 08-09-2022 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westernmassbob (Post 2823140)
Maybe she can move her tact to Aqueduct soon.

Oh I wish others on this thread had tact.

ranchwest 08-10-2022 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elhelmete (Post 2823161)
Oh I wish others on this thread had tact.

Ain't it the truth!

PaceAdvantage 08-10-2022 02:21 AM

:(:(:(

:lol::pound::lol:

andicap 08-10-2022 08:18 AM

The question SHOULD be: Why aren't there more (good) female jockeys overall? Where are the Julie Krones and Rosemary Homeister Jrs. of today? Why dont more athletic girls and women want to become jockeys?

ScottJ 08-10-2022 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andicap (Post 2823191)
The question SHOULD be: Why aren't there more (good) female jockeys overall? Where are the Julie Krones and Rosemary Homeister Jrs. of today? Why dont more athletic girls and women want to become jockeys?

Here is a listing (incomplete) of female jockeys with wins over the last several months. Several names are in the Top 5 of their local colonies.

Canterbury Park - Kelsi Harr (164/16-18-31)
Canterbury Park - Crystal Conning (59/5-6-9)
Charlestown - Alisson Anahi Nunez (262/32-19-29)
Charlestown - Alexis Rios-Conde (158/14-16-17)
Del Mar - Emily Ellingwood (20/3-0-1)
Del Mar - Jessica Pyfer (12/1-2-1)
Delaware - Carol Cedeno (167/28-28-25)
Delaware - Madeline Rowland (77/3-12-8)
Finger Lakes - Jackie Davis (220/30-45-32)
Finger Lakes - Tammi Piemarini (12/2-2-1)
Gulfstream Park - Chantal Sutherland (207/24-26-31)
Gulfstream Park - Ailsa Morrison (150/15-18-26)
Indianapolis - Chel-C Bailey (74/6-5-9)
Indianapolis - Andrea Rodriguez (93/4-12-12)
Laurel Park - Forest Boyce (77/12-14-14)
Prairie Meadows - Kylee Jordan (233/45-46-32)
Presque Isle Downs - Erin Walker (144/11-17-24)