Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TimeformUS (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104502)

upthecreek 07-04-2013 06:15 AM

TimeformUS

Anyone familiar with the Timeformus website?

https://timeformus.com/

In beta test now,a couple of free races a day. Looks like some interesting stuff

Tom 07-04-2013 09:14 AM

Interesting site - thanks for the head up.
Will check it out this long weekend.

Capper Al 07-04-2013 09:19 AM

Yes it is interesting. Might they be getting ready for the Breeders' Cup market?

classhandicapper 07-04-2013 12:44 PM

The word is that the best is yet to come. ;)

flatstats 07-07-2013 08:46 PM

Timeform started about 70 years ago by Phil Bull.

It has always been the form book of choice for the racing connosieur but a few years ago it go bought out by Betfair.

That's not really a problem but the biggest impact of their ratings and analysis is that it is available to view by thousands of Betfair customers. It is also available to view, free, for every race by bookmakers such as Ladbrokes.

You have to think about that for a while. Bookmakers promoting a form / ratings service? What do you think is going to happen to the prices of the hyped up runners?

horses4courses 07-07-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flatstats
You have to think about that for a while. Bookmakers promoting a form / ratings service? What do you think is going to happen to the prices of the hyped up runners?

It brings about the best of situations for savvy race bettors.
Over bet, hyped-up, favorites are "green light" races for some.

cj 07-08-2013 12:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm a part of this, so obviously I'm biased, but I think you guys are going to love what you see if you give it a shot.

Here are a couple examples of the "Pace Projector" from the weekend, the Dwyer and the Queen's Plate:

JustRalph 07-08-2013 01:27 AM

I got some early access and think it's great!

HandyKapper 07-08-2013 06:39 AM

Looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads up. :)

the little guy 07-08-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj
I'm a part of this, so obviously I'm biased, but I think you guys are going to love what you see if you give it a shot.

Here are a couple examples of the "Pace Projector" from the weekend, the Dwyer and the Queen's Plate:

Good to know that I'm not the only one that mistakenly thought even Junior Alvarado, who could rate Dr. Fager in a match race, couldn't have Abraham well off the Dwyer lead.

Capper Al 07-08-2013 08:44 AM

How would one use these differently than what we have with BRIS? BRIS does have a CR (class rating). Isn't this similar to timeform? The only advantage that i'm seeing at the moment is when shippers from outside North America show up here. I don't wager outside North America, so this won't be a benefit for me.

MPRanger 07-08-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capper Al
How would one use these differently than what we have with BRIS? BRIS does have a CR (class rating). Isn't this similar to timeform? The only advantage that i'm seeing at the moment is when shippers from outside North America show up here. I don't wager outside North America, so this won't be a benefit for me.

I hope they have great success. More options can only be good for racing. But in America on dirt tracks it's about speed. We already have the best figures for our races. But turf races ..... hmmm

I prefer separate pace and speed figures to a single conglomerated number. I would miss the interplay between projected race shapes for my contenders. I don't always use this measure but it is in my arsenal. Yes, I understand they will offer a separate pace figure in the future. But the main big one number idea seems like something to attract new inexperienced players. That would be a good thing.

At the end of the day, whosever figures you use or whatever calculation you make, it comes down to subsets of winners. Seems like methods for isolating subsets go hot and cold too. Works for a while then tapers off and something else starts working better. It's a fluid situation not best defined by a single number. But of course most people aren't thinking like that. It's all about living and die-ing with the current race, the one you bet the light bill on. :confused:

PhantomOnTour 07-08-2013 10:46 AM

CJ - are you working for/with Timeform US?

your post said you are "part of this"

Capper Al 07-08-2013 10:47 AM

Interesting comment about another all encompassing rating number. Here again BRIS has a good one in their Prime Number.

GMB@BP 07-08-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capper Al
Interesting comment about another all encompassing rating number. Here again BRIS has a good one in their Prime Number.

You should start a thread about Bris it appears!