Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Monmouth 3rd race dq (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172149)

Cutter14 08-22-2022 03:24 PM

Monmouth 3rd race dq

It may be sour grapes on my part but I was dq'ed out of a double--IMO the 7 horse was going nowhere(jock already went to whip and to me he looked like he was finished)--Moved my horse(the 6) down to 3rd--oh well

v j stauffer 08-22-2022 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutter14 (Post 2825868)
It may be sour grapes on my part but I was dq'ed out of a double--IMO the 7 horse was going nowhere(jock already went to whip and to me he looked like he was finished)--Moved my horse(the 6) down to 3rd--oh well

If you can post the head on and pan. I'd be happy to take a look.

cj 08-22-2022 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v j stauffer (Post 2825877)
If you can post the head on and pan. I'd be happy to take a look.

Monmouth posts the races on their Youtube channel and usually DQs show the head on too:

But most tracks don't. So why not fire up your ADW or RTN in the future instead of making this same request every time. Don't be that guy.

alhattab 08-23-2022 06:56 AM

Quote:

I cashed because of the DQ. Thought it was questionable. Jock on 7 took the horse up. I was with a few other guys who thought it was legit.

Side note regarding that race:
https://paulickreport.com/news/peopl...phase-of-life/

westernmassbob 08-23-2022 07:40 AM

Quote:

6 horse horse cut over and cost 7 horse a placing. 7 horse never stopped riding and closed in the stretch. Not even a close call. DQ valid.

v j stauffer 08-23-2022 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2825940)
Monmouth posts the races on their Youtube channel and usually DQs show the head on too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuvzx6HGITk

But most tracks don't. So why not fire up your ADW or RTN in the future instead of making this same request every time. Don't be that guy.

Why do you care what I request?

v j stauffer 08-23-2022 10:46 AM

Quote:

That's the kind of DQ that stings the most.

Was it correct to take down :6: and place him 3rd?

Yes. The Stewards hands were tied. Even after :7: taking up very sharply he was able to re-rally. Definitely cost an opportunity at a better placing.

However, in this case it all lays on the shoulders of the jock on :6:

A careless and over zealous ride cost the bettors who VERY CORRECTLY identified the best horse as well as the owners who miss out on 1st purse money.

He didn't even correct after sawing off the :7: and actually, put the :8: in a bit tight too nearing the wire.

I've been telling riders for decades. There's NEVER, EVER been a jock taken down that went straight.

Gross beat if you needed the :6:

cj 08-23-2022 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v j stauffer (Post 2825972)
Why do you care what I request?

Because most people aren't going to be able to do that and I know you have the resources.

BarchCapper 08-23-2022 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2825940)
M

We do occasionally run into situations here where people do wind up looking at the wrong race because the OP wasn't clear with the details (especially if someone's catching up on threads a day or so later). It's probably good for all of us to think about putting all relevant info: i.e. date, along with the track and race # in the subject line of threads like this.

cj 08-23-2022 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarchCapper (Post 2826012)
We do occasionally run into situations here where people do wind up looking at the wrong race because the OP wasn't clear with the details (especially if someone's catching up on threads a day or so later). It's probably good for all of us to think about putting all relevant info: i.e. date, along with the track and race # in the subject line of threads like this.

Agree, but that is a different story than posting the head on. Nearly all of those aren't available to post on a board like PA unless you know how to jump through several hoops.

BarchCapper 08-23-2022 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2826023)
Agree, but that is a different story than posting the head on. Nearly all of those aren't available to post on a board like PA unless you know how to jump through several hoops.

I’m taking it as a related point, rather than totally different. If date, track, race # are clearly stated up front, Vic or any of us can quickly look it up ADW/RTN. If reviewed/analyzed/commented on and we come across that post, we again have the ability to quickly look it up ourselves.

The desire to have the videos posted in the thread? There are a good number of people who post graphical/video things here that I can’t necessarily figure out how to post in the same way myself. So I’d also have to claim ignorance as to posting replay videos being extremely difficult/nigh impossible (now I know, thanks to you :ThmbUp: ). If they HAD been able to be posted (and if by OP it SHOULD be from the correct race they’re asking about), it then becomes a much more “all in one place” teachable event when coupled with an experienced steward’s written commentary. So the desire isn’t necessarily a misguided one.

Inner Dirt 08-24-2022 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v j stauffer (Post 2825978)
That's the kind of DQ that stings the most.

Was it correct to take down :6: and place him 3rd?

Yes. The Stewards hands were tied. Even after :7: taking up very sharply he was able to re-rally. Definitely cost an opportunity at a better placing.

However, in this case it all lays on the shoulders of the jock on :6:

A careless and over zealous ride cost the bettors who VERY CORRECTLY identified the best horse as well as the owners who miss out on 1st purse money.

He didn't even correct after sawing off the :7: and actually, put the :8: in a bit tight too nearing the wire.

I've been telling riders for decades. There's NEVER, EVER been a jock taken down that went straight.

Gross beat if you needed the :6:

Nothing here to argue with.

BarchCapper 08-24-2022 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v j stauffer (Post 2825978)

Although there may have been a couple taken down for accidentally striking another horse with the crop while using it to keep their own mount straight! (Things can go wrong SO many ways in racing - so glad when they all go right!)