Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Hollywood struggling to fill Saturday card (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64572)

PaceAdvantage 12-10-2009 03:40 PM

Hollywood struggling to fill Saturday card

Word was they were going to cancel...but it seems they are going to fight to the end to try and fill the card....

All Hail Artificial Racing Surfaces!!!

slew101 12-10-2009 03:48 PM

Friday's card is unreal.

3 races with 5 horses
3 races with 6 horses
2 races with 10 horses

And this is before scratches.

TheStageIsSet 12-10-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Word was they were going to cancel...but it seems they are going to fight to the end to try and fill the card....

PA,when will hollywood close?The property was bought,its been a rumor for a while....

Stillriledup 12-10-2009 04:01 PM

Owners dont want to run for purses that aren't slots fueled. If i was a t bred owner, i'd be running at a slots track.

But, that's just me i guess.

Linny 12-10-2009 04:08 PM

They need NY breds! Aqueduct has full fields. :D

illinoisbred 12-10-2009 04:12 PM

Hey, take a page out of Hawthorne's condition book-NW of a race on Synthetic.

Bochall 12-10-2009 04:19 PM

As Nelson Muntz, the bully on The Simpsons, would say," Haaaaaaaaaaa ha!"

DeanT 12-10-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Owners dont want to run for purses that aren't slots fueled. If i was a t bred owner, i'd be running at a slots track.

:ThmbUp: Offer $65k MSW's like Woodbine does and owners and trainers would race their horses on chocolate pudding. It's all about the cash.

Stillriledup 12-10-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanT
:ThmbUp: Offer $65k MSW's like Woodbine does and owners and trainers would race their horses on chocolate pudding. It's all about the cash.

Exactly.

cj 12-10-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

I was wondering why the card isn't up anywhere yet. Maybe it is just a strike against Lava Man returning.

BillW 12-10-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linny
They need NY breds! Aqueduct has full fields. :D

But average less that HOL :D

cj 12-10-2009 04:54 PM

The card is up. Three 5 horse fields and three 6 horse fields before scratches. What an ugly Saturday card. I wonder if they'll still charge admission!

joanied 12-10-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj
I was wondering why the card isn't up anywhere yet. Maybe it is just a strike against Lava Man returning.

:lol:

Stillriledup 12-10-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj
The card is up. Three 5 horse fields and three 6 horse fields before scratches. What an ugly Saturday card. I wonder if they'll still charge admission!

Yes, 8 dollars for admission but there's a giveaway! All the second hand marijuana smoke you can inhale for free! Like an all you can eat buffet!

joanied 12-10-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanT

Running on chocolate pudding would be safer than Hollywood's surface of late...
:D :faint: :D