Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Zenyatta bred to Big Brown? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128285)

RacingFan1992 01-11-2016 04:50 AM

Zenyatta bred to Big Brown?

I went on the website Pedigreequery.com and it says Zenyatta was bred to Big Brown and resulted in a colt in 2015. Is this true? I knew she had a filly by War Front who passed in an accident. Must be an error.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/zenyatta+i

outofthebox 01-11-2016 06:51 AM

Interesting choice..Both her other foals are working steadily but slow 5/8 at Santa Anita every week. Cozmic One (Bernardini) and Ziconic (Tapit).

Fager Fan 01-11-2016 07:23 AM

Not a chance. I'm pretty sure she wasn't bred that year.

azeri98 01-11-2016 09:21 AM

The War Front foal died and she was bred back to War Front, not Big Brown.

iwearpurple 01-11-2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RacingFan1992
I went on the website Pedigreequery.com and it says Zenyatta was bred to Big Brown and resulted in a colt in 2015. Is this true? I knew she had a filly by War Front who passed in an accident. Must be an error.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/zenyatta+i

Anybody can put a horse on that website and to the best of my knowledge it isn't checked for accuracy. I am guessing this will be removed shortly.

Tall One 01-11-2016 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azeri98
The War Front foal died and she was bred back to War Front, not Big Brown.

You and FF are both correct. After the tragedy with her foal, they held her out of the shed for a year.

classhandicapper 01-11-2016 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tall One
You and FF are both correct. After the tragedy with her foal, they held her out of the shed for a year.

The other 2 are working regularly but not running. I get the impression that Ziconic is more talented than Cozmic One.

chenoa 01-11-2016 06:08 PM

Cozmic One has been a bust thus far.

caper 01-12-2016 12:18 AM

Just a question are the stallions that produce best at a mile/ mile and a quarter range the same stallions that produce best in the 5 to 6 furlong range? Or are there better sires for different distances?

Would it ever be considered to breed a mare like Zenyatta to a stallion that excels in the 5 to 6 furlong range (if there are those types).

Tall One 01-12-2016 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caper
Just a question are the stallions that produce best at a mile/ mile and a quarter range the same stallions that produce best in the 5 to 6 furlong range? Or are there better sires for different distances?

Would it ever be considered to breed a mare like Zenyatta to a stallion that excels in the 5 to 6 furlong range (if there are those types).

$.02:

-Stallions who are known for throwing distance, can also be effective passing on sprinter speed, and vice versa. I mean, it can vary, but you really don't know until you get them to the track...:cool:

-I'm sure it could be considered, but if I'm breeding to Zenyatta, I'd have 9-12 furlongs in mind; not just 6.

Fager Fan 01-12-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tall One
$.02:

-Stallions who are known for throwing distance, can also be effective passing on sprinter speed, and vice versa. I mean, it can vary, but you really don't know until you get them to the track...:cool:

-I'm sure it could be considered, but if I'm breeding to Zenyatta, I'd have 9-12 furlongs in mind; not just 6.

Sure, but you'd want to breed her to a stallion who often imparts speed like Tapit.

Tall One 01-12-2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fager Fan
Sure, but you'd want to breed her to a stallion who often imparts speed like Tapit.

This is very true. You want that balance of speed and stamina. :ThmbUp:

Grits 01-13-2016 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classhandicapper
The other 2 are working regularly but not running. I get the impression that Ziconic is more talented than Cozmic One.

Class, not only are you knowledgeable, but you are, also, too kind.... You are one of the most loyal souls ever. This is true especially of Zenyatta.

All I could think of?

Rachel's throwing Runners.

Z's throwing Radiators. (For all they've shown.) :faint:

Stillriledup 03-25-2016 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outofthebox
Interesting choice..Both her other foals are working steadily but slow 5/8 at Santa Anita every week. Cozmic One (Bernardini) and Ziconic (Tapit).

Ziconic racing Friday at SA in the 4th.

VigorsTheGrey 03-25-2016 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Ziconic racing Friday at SA in the 4th.

is the dominant stallion the best horse to breed for racing purposes...if you put 5 stallions in a field with zenyata, what would happen? or any mare for that matter?