Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   John McCain (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146961)

RunForTheRoses 08-25-2018 08:36 PM

John McCain

OntheRail 08-25-2018 09:09 PM

Bye Bye... Johnny.

elysiantraveller 08-25-2018 09:37 PM

Sad day for the country.

TJDave 08-25-2018 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OntheRail (Post 2361026)
Bye Bye... Johnny.

What a dick.

MutuelClerk 08-25-2018 09:40 PM

Death captured him. Not Donald's kind of guy.

RIP

JustRalph 08-25-2018 09:45 PM

Died on the anniversary of Ted Kennedy’s death........

FakeNameChanged 08-25-2018 10:08 PM

Didn't always agree with his politics, but still a great American. RIP.

chadk66 08-25-2018 11:35 PM

His asshattery the past few years is really making it tough sympathise

PaceAdvantage 08-26-2018 12:48 AM

From what I gather, John McCain may have been up to some pretty sinister stuff before brain cancer limited his ability to do much.

He may have been a hero during wartime, but he wasn't much of a hero the last few years.

Sorry he suffered at the hands of the Vietnamese, and that the way he ultimately died. He's a braver man than I will ever be. :rip:

lamboguy 08-26-2018 01:00 AM

the man was a true hero that loved this country and the people in it with all his heart and soul. you could not have asked for a better person.

i only wish he won his presidential election.

god bless his sole, it will live on forever.

ReplayRandall 08-26-2018 01:11 AM

He's standing in front of THE ALMIGHTY right now as we speak, as only HE will know the truth of McCain's life....:rip:

incoming 08-26-2018 04:23 AM

John McCain was a perfect poster child of a war hero and a to be envied warrior.

BUT

In his political life he chose to let many of his fellow warriors die at the hands of a very poorly maintained VA hospital system. All though, he had a perfect platform as US Senator and Congressman to continue his warrior image for a very worthy cause.....his fellow warriors. For decades, he chose to let them wait endlessly for inferior health care. Instead, he chose to be a political TOOL for the New Democrat Party and the MSM. I will pray to God for your forgiveness. :rip:

woodtoo 08-26-2018 07:21 AM

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement.
Hebrews 9:27 :rip:

Ocala Mike 08-26-2018 07:40 AM

RIP. He had the balls to cross party lines and speak his mind even when it was risky. Would have won in 2008 had he followed his instincts about the VP choice.

fast4522 08-26-2018 08:15 AM

I attended two events that he was part of, the first I was to ask him a gun related question he responded with a thoughtful answer. The second time he looked at me and said "another second amendment question"?, those instances were years apart and I will credit him for having a good memory and a good sense of humor. He traveled with a group of politicians at these events and seemed to manage not only the room but the people he was with. At one of the events was previous Governor of New Hampshire (1973 to 1979) Meldrim Thomson Jr who coined "Ax the Tax", who gladly repeated it a few times after being introduced by Senator John McCain. I thoroughly enjoyed hearing John McCain and what he had to say, both occasions he traveled to New Hampshire for someone else and was the most likable politician in the room.

Thank You for your service John McCain, RIP.