Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   LESSON FOR LASIX (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127098)

ReplayRandall 11-07-2015 03:02 PM

LESSON FOR LASIX

Lesson for Lasix-

Aqueduct race #5 has just been run and won by a 40-1 gelding out of the Rodrigo Ubillo barn. Taking a look at PP's, here's what I saw:

1. Horse ran FTS race at Bel -6.5 dirt and showed some early speed at 18-1, no lasix

2. Runs second race from 3 month lay-off at Sar - 1mile 1/16 turf and showed some early pace, faded at 21-1, no Lasix

3. Runs third race from 2 month lay-off at Bel 6F Turf and shows improved early speed on fast pace, fades at 28-1, 1st time Lasix

4. Today's race is only 14 days since last, back on dirt at Aqu 1 mile, still straight MDN, part of an entry who scratched, adds blinkers, jock switch to Trujillo, 2nd time Lasix, 2nd off layoff, who's trainer is 10% +3.03 ROI, shows early speed and takes lead into turn, WINS drawing off by 8 at 40-1......

Did I have it?.....NO...Will I learn to pay more attention to Lasix?....Hope so.

Stillriledup 11-07-2015 03:33 PM

I bet this horse last time and was disappointed in his effort, I rewatched his most recent and thought he couldn't handle the turf, there was some reason I liked him last time, I must have seen something oj tape that caught the eye, of course, I took an inopportune time to take a shower and missed ths one, I would have played him.

I smell good though. :D

pandy 11-07-2015 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
Lesson for Lasix-

Aqueduct race #5 has just been run and won by a 40-1 gelding out of the Rodrigo Ubillo barn. Taking a look at PP's, here's what I saw:

1. Horse ran FTS race at Bel -6.5 dirt and showed some early speed at 18-1, no lasix

2. Runs second race from 3 month lay-off at Sar - 1mile 1/16 turf and showed some early pace, faded at 21-1, no Lasix

3. Runs third race from 2 month lay-off at Bel 6F Turf and shows improved early speed on fast pace, fades at 28-1, 1st time Lasix

4. Today's race is only 14 days since last, back on dirt at Aqu 1 mile, still straight MDN, part of an entry who scratched, adds blinkers, jock switch to Trujillo, 2nd time Lasix, 2nd off layoff, who's trainer is 10% +3.03 ROI, shows early speed and takes lead into turn, WINS drawing off by 8 at 40-1......

Did I have it?.....NO...Will I learn to pay more attention to Lasix?....Hope so.

I think it was much more likely the first time blinkers than 2nd time lasix. If the horse wasn't adding blinkers today I doubt very much that it would have won.

NorCalGreg 11-07-2015 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
Lesson for Lasix-

Good post, RR. You saw a lot of tip-offs there, as did I. I just couldn't get past that 3% trainer(year) & 9% jock stat. Perhaps I should have paid more attn to Ubillo's lifetime 2nd-off huge +$3.03 stat as you mentioned.
Little hidden gems like that --added to
*IMPROV ALL 4 CALLS L-3
*DIST/SW
*SURF/SW
*JOCK/SW
*BLINK/ON
*2ND/JUICE
*ENTRY/MATE SCRATCHED
*BACK W/IN 15 DAYS
I completely ignored all that---only considered Ubillo's 1 for 37 record for 2015--tossed POPPED THE HOOD in a heartbeat. Thanks for the lesson.

One other thing.....I looked at that last race of POP THE HOOD: it sure looks like that one is gonna turn out to be a KEY race. BRIMSTONE, the runner-up in today's race,had a strange comment from the chart caller in that race:

BRIMSTONE tracked the pace along the inside in hand, spun just off the inside for home in behind MEMORYKEEPER, steadied briefly straightened away off that rival's heels before shifting to the seam down on the rail, the rider's charge seemingly hesitant to go through,got put to hand urging a furlong out rallying through the seam and finishing with interest along the inside to the wire.
Hmmmmm....maybe the NY boys who rail against the jockeys actually have something? Brimstone was over 20-1 in that race---he appears here today @ 6-1? For what? He ran 2nd today to what amounted to a "ringer" in Pop The Hood. His connections had every intention to win today and bet like it.

The horse you want to keep an eye on, who helped set that hot pace, and stayed til the bitter end--was a horse named JUNGER @ 10-1. He's going on the HTW list.
good luck
-NCG