Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Is the TOC preparing to stick it to horseplayers again? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115267)

Al Gobbi 07-11-2014 12:47 AM

Is the TOC preparing to stick it to horseplayers again?

Quote:

Officials from Del Mar and the TOC are scheduled to sit down today and discuss the wagering menu for the track’s 36-day summer meet that begins Thursday and runs through Wednesday, Sept. 3.

Some say the TOC wants to roll back the double takeout to 22.68 percent and also hike the takeout for the immensely popular Pick 5, which currently stands at 14 percent.
http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/spor...me-coming-home

Stillriledup 07-11-2014 01:06 AM

Just the THOUGHT that these takeouts might rise should get up the dander of HANA, lets start the boycott today, why wait.

Fingal 07-11-2014 01:27 AM

There's been rumblings before on the TOC raising the P5 takeout. :ThmbDown:

takeout 07-11-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Just the THOUGHT that these takeouts might rise should get up the dander of HANA, lets start the boycott today, why wait.

I'm still boycotting from the last time. :ThmbUp:

Why does the TOC have anything to do with setting takeout rates? The whole situation in California is absurd.

whodoyoulike 07-11-2014 03:47 PM

What do you think will happen if the CHRB just sets W P S at 15% and exotics at 18%? There are millions up for grabs in purses at Dmr, SA, GG etc., the owners that don't want part of it, should just leave. I'm trying to think of the appropriate word(s), oh I remember... Screw 'em (TOC)!!!

Just some of my thoughts.

Al Gobbi 07-11-2014 03:57 PM

well it looks like a done deal as in the CHRB July meeting package - Santa Anita's section calls for a 22% or 23% takeout on the doubles, and no request were put in for the low 18 percent rake.

(And note that during the upcoming Fairplex at Los Al all takeout except the pick 5 goes up 2 percent from the regular non-fair thoroughbred meets). That means you will be playing into 24% and 25% exotics their.

Stillriledup 07-11-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Gobbi
well it looks like a done deal as in the CHRB July meeting package - Santa Anita's section calls for a 22% or 23% takeout on the doubles, and no request were put in for the low 18 percent rake.

(And note that during the upcoming Fairplex at Los Al all takeout except the pick 5 goes up 2 percent from the regular non-fair thoroughbred meets). That means you will be playing into 24% and 25% exotics their.

no, really? they're raising exas and tri's 2 pct?

Fingal 07-11-2014 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takeout

Why does the TOC have anything to do with setting takeout rates? The whole situation in California is absurd.

That's a good question. I did a quick Google search & I can't find the answer, wish I could find out the reason why they set them & not the CHRB.

BlueShoe 07-11-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Have these loons of TOC and racing officials in agreement with them gone mad? :confused: How short are their memories, can't they read handle reports? When SA and CD upped the take these nitwits perhaps missed the boycotts and anger from players? The low takeout Pick-5 has been hugely successful, and more tracks have added it. So once again, they want to jump in and get another piece while they can. Unless these dolts wake up and realize that the answer is lower not higher takeouts, in a few years they might be donating their horses to riding stables because the tracks would all be gone. :rolleyes:

RXB 07-11-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueShoe
Have these loons of TOC and racing officials in agreement with them gone mad? :confused: How short are their memories, can't they read handle reports? When SA and CD upped the take these nitwits perhaps missed the boycotts and anger from players? The low takeout Pick-5 has been hugely successful, and more tracks have added it. So once again, they want to jump in and get another piece while they can. Unless these dolts wake up and realize that the answer is lower not higher takeouts, in a few years they might be donating their horses to riding stables because the tracks would all be gone. :rolleyes:

Never underestimate the propensity for misguided thinking among these people.

ronsmac 07-11-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

When did the boycott end?

Stillriledup 07-11-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueShoe

its incredible greed. Its also shortsightedness, its anti "growing the game" and it reeks of get what you can get now. Lets face it, if you grow the game, there will be plenty to "Get".

Its "anti the game" behavior.

Stillriledup 07-11-2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronsmac
When did the boycott end?

Dunno, maybe it didn't. Maybe they need to remind the boycotters to keep up the great work.

whodoyoulike 07-11-2014 06:19 PM

I just checked, in June I only bet on 2 days. For July so far, I've made 2 bets. Last year, I recall making about 90 - 100 bets some months. I've decreased my Cali bets because of the last increase. I'm kind of PO'd over these takeout increases.

takeout 07-12-2014 04:55 AM

TOC

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fingal
That's a good question.

I thought it was a fair question. They're not the CHRB and they're not the track owner, so why should they have any say in takeout rates?

Something I didn't understand about the first boycott (which I'm still on and will be for life, it looks like) is how switching pools and dumping money into a Pick 5 was going to get the point across. Obviously it didn't. I have much respect for all involved in the boycott but can't help thinking that had none of the Pick 5 money ever been bet, hence a more real boycott, then maybe some of the head cheeses might have “smelled the coffee”. As it happened, by being too nice and continuing to bet in the state, we didn't nip it in the bud and now they're giving us more of the same. To make matters worse, CD picked up on how easy we are and pulled the same crap. They need a real boycott, too.

There probably aren't enough of us serious about this to make an impact (casual players don't know what takeout is and whales probably just get fancier rebates) but how about a real boycott this time? NOT ONE PENNY AT ANY TRACK IN CALIFORNIA UNTIL THEY GET A CLUE! If they never do, then so be it. I've been boycotting so long I'm way past withdrawal pains. :)