Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Bad Beat thread. (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103720)

Longshot6977 07-20-2013 11:23 AM

I was at Freehold last year or so and actually saw a 'quick pick' button! How lazy or foolish can one be? If you selected trifecta box as an example, then the bet amount, then the quick pick button, you got a random set of numbers. Same for superfecta, and I think the exacta. Has anyone else noticed this? If someone bets like this, they better not say that had a bad beat:lol:

TheEdge07 07-30-2013 07:48 PM

On May 4th of this year i hit a pick 4 for .50 at CD that paid 82,447 on a $12.00 ticket..
Why was it a bad beat?

I use NYRA REWARDS as my ADW living in Florida you could only call in the wagers,No internet wagering for out of state residents.
I called in my bet with 5 minutes to go..After placing my wager i told the teller to repeat the ticket..she hung up on me or the phone call dropped..Because of the volume on derby day i couldnt get thru the second time around..I would have had at least 2 more times..After it was all said and done with 29% takeout i collected a 15,459
15,459 from over winning 50,000 HUGE difference it went from a lifetime score to a Score.

10:47:26 Telebet 0ab60-3b404 CHA 2 WIN 6 $20.00 $20.00 $296.00 10:48:56 Telebet f4e21-95727 CHA 2 PK4 W2,6/3,6/1-3/4,5 $0.50 $12.00 $15,459.75 10:49:19 Telebet 8722e-e5728 CHA 2 EX B2,6 $2.00 $4.00 10:49:34 Telebet 0ca44-74fa7 CHA 2 EX B1,6 $2.00 $4.00 11:11:10 Internet 11:17:49 Telebet 0a53f-a2ed4 CHA 3 WIN 3 $10.00 $10.00 $65.00 11:18:12 Telebet 17d71-ac74b CHA 3 PK3 W1-6/1/4 $1.00 $6.00 $1,874.00

Stillriledup 02-07-2014 04:26 PM

Needed Marfilado to get 3rd (or swoop the field) in the 8th at GP.

Looked like i "couldnt lose" at 57-1 with 70 yards to go and somehow, she finished 4th. :bang:

Stillriledup 02-16-2014 04:08 PM

Needed 1-4 in Race 2 at SA and i lose to a horse who "appeared" to being pulled up on the backstretch....that horse is a quitter who somehow appeared down the center of the track to beat me on an impossible head bob (with my main horse, the 4, getting a LETTER perfect trip and ride, the horse just hung for all he was worth ...which isnt much).

Stillriledup 07-18-2014 05:59 PM

Had a terrible beat in the last race at GP.

Actually, it was partly stupid betting and partly a bad beat. I had a 10/ALL/1 tri and the "all" part of the tri had a 70-1 shot nose out the 10 at the wire. Tri paid like 1600 for 50 cents.......i couldn't have done a 50 cent All/10/1 tri? I needed the 6 bucks that badly? Geez. :bang:

Thebigguy 07-19-2014 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Had a terrible beat in the last race at GP.

Actually, it was partly stupid betting and partly a bad beat. I had a 10/ALL/1 tri and the "all" part of the tri had a 70-1 shot nose out the 10 at the wire. Tri paid like 1600 for 50 cents.......i couldn't have done a 50 cent All/10/1 tri? I needed the 6 bucks that badly? Geez. :bang:

That is a shitty beat. I needed the 8 in the 2nd at Del Mar. I would have hit the double for $15 and I would have ended up hitting the pick 3 that ended in the 3rd for $2. At the time I didn't know the chalk was going to win the 3rd, I was 6 deep.....
These are the tickets that I posted on another board, about 35min before the race.
Del Mar, race 1
$15 double wheel
3,6 with 4,8
$2 pick 3 wheel
3,6 with 4,8 with 4,5,6,8,11,12

I figure it cost me about $1500. I thought the 8 was going to win turning for home.

Stillriledup 07-19-2014 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thebigguy
That is a shitty beat. I needed the 8 in the 2nd at Del Mar. I would have hit the double for $15 and I would have ended up hitting the pick 3 that ended in the 3rd for $2. At the time I didn't know the chalk was going to win the 3rd, I was 6 deep.....
These are the tickets that I posted on another board, about 35min before the race.
Del Mar, race 1
$15 double wheel
3,6 with 4,8
$2 pick 3 wheel
3,6 with 4,8 with 4,5,6,8,11,12

I figure it cost me about $1500. I thought the 8 was going to win turning for home.

Thanks.

That 8 was a good pick, i thought he was going to win too, and then after that race, you had to watch the rail bias in Race 4 knowing that the track may have beaten you in Race 2 and not the horse.

Stillriledup 07-23-2014 06:44 PM

Needed Delgadillo in the 4th at DMR, he lost the whip midstretch and lost a dirty nose bob for the win vs a horse who only "came again" because of the bias.

Than, i have to hear one of the commentators do the "aga. Pito. Delga. Dillo" thing after it was delgadillo who cost this mare the win by blowing the stick.

Nice. :bang:

Lemon Drop Husker 07-23-2014 09:29 PM

College Football about 10 years or so ago.
2005 College Football.

I was down to like $30 bucks in my on line account. So I put together a couple of absurd 12 team parlays that included a couple of 12 and 13 point dogs to win outright.

Didn't watch any of the games that day only to come home and go through where I stood. I hit 11 of 12 games in both parlays, with the only loss being the following:

Iowa is a 4 point favorite and is leading 27-14 in the 4th quarter at Northwestern. Northwestern scores a TD with 2:10 left in the game and recovers an onside kick. They then drive down to score the game winning TD with :42 seconds left in the game to win 28-27.

The payouts would have been $56K and $52K respectively for the parlays on $30 of wagers. I quit gambling on college football at the end of that year's bowl season, and have never made a wager on college football since.

Dark Horse 07-23-2014 09:55 PM

People always remember the bad beats. What about the good beats?

Free NFL contest. WWTS was the name of the book. Predict the score. Winner gets 5K. One of those contests that you barely remember you entered. Dallas-Washington on MNF. Dallas dominates, but has a hard time scoring. The whole game Washington doesn't even get into the red zone. So it's 13-0 with a few minutes left. Then things got weird: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=250919006

Those numbers on the score board looked somewhat familiar. I remembered the contest with seconds left in the game. Suddenly, I really didn't want Dallas to score a winning FG.

Stillriledup 07-23-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Horse
People always remember the bad beats. What about the good beats?

Free NFL contest. WWTS was the name of the book. Predict the score. Winner gets 5K. One of those contests that you barely remember you entered. Dallas-Washington on MNF. Dallas dominates, but has a hard time scoring. The whole game Washington doesn't even get into the red zone. So it's 13-0 with a few minutes left. Then things got weird: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=250919006

Those numbers on the score board looked somewhat familiar. I remembered the contest with seconds left in the game. Suddenly, I really didn't want Dallas to score a winning FG.

We don't remember the "good beats" because our minds just assume that since we made the bet it must have been the right wager and we don't notice it as much.

Dark Horse 07-23-2014 10:09 PM

The worst beat I had was a NFL game. I forgot the detail, but the Ravens were in it. The game was over, I'd won my bet, and the players were already off the field. Then something happened, and the refs decided the teams had to come back on the field. Something with a field goal. It's all vague now. If you told me it was a bad dream I'd believe it. But it did happen.

Dark Horse 07-23-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

We don't remember the "good beats" because our minds just assume that since we made the bet it must have been the right wager and we don't notice it as much.

Lady Luck. A cruel and irresistible mistress. Way out of our league, but far too charming to remind us of it.

Stillriledup 07-23-2014 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Horse
Lady Luck. A cruel and irresistible mistress. Way out of our league, but far too charming to remind us of it.

Amen.

Lemon Drop Husker 07-23-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

2010 Breeders Cup Marathon. (Friday)

I'm all over Eldaafer with Johnny V on board, and put him in with some shots in Gabriel's Hill and Atoned and a solid AU Miner who had recently ran against each other in competitive fashion.

The actual finish was Eldaafer, Prince Will I Am, Gabriel's Hill, and AU Miner. Long inquiry, and Prince Will I Am gets completely kicked off the board, and I score a day making $4,800 Trifecta. I have nothing other than Eldaafer for W/P if PWIA doesn't get inquired by a horse who finished nowhere on the board.

The following day we then hit 38/1 Dakota Phone in the Dirt Mile with a photo by a nose over Morning Line, and I hammer Blame in the Classic as I'm one of about 10 people in our area rooting him home over Zenyatta as she is closing with every stride and win in another photo finish.

Yeah, that was an absolutely fantastic weekend at Churchill Downs that I'll never forget, and it was all set up by that DQ that I never thought I was going to get.

Stillriledup 07-24-2014 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
2010 Breeders Cup Marathon. (Friday)

I'm all over Eldaafer with Johnny V on board, and put him in with some shots in Gabriel's Hill and Atoned and a solid AU Miner who had recently ran against each other in competitive fashion.

The actual finish was Eldaafer, Prince Will I Am, Gabriel's Hill, and AU Miner. Long inquiry, and Prince Will I Am gets completely kicked off the board, and I score a day making $4,800 Trifecta. I have nothing other than Eldaafer for W/P if PWIA doesn't get inquired by a horse who finished nowhere on the board.

The following day we then hit 38/1 Dakota Phone in the Dirt Mile with a photo by a nose over Morning Line, and I hammer Blame in the Classic as I'm one of about 10 people in our area rooting him home over Zenyatta as she is closing with every stride and win in another photo finish.

Yeah, that was an absolutely fantastic weekend at Churchill Downs that I'll never forget, and it was all set up by that DQ that I never thought I was going to get.

Great story LDH....as i read what you wrote, i tried to wrack my brain (smell the wood burning?) to come up with a "good win" in a situation where i shouldn't have won but did due to some extenuating circumstances and i couldn't come up with anything. Next time i have a win that i "didnt deserve" i'm going to post it in this thread. :ThmbUp:

Tom 07-24-2014 10:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday, Saratoga Race 8.
I have the race down to two horses - Shankapotamus and Bemata.
Shank is my top pick. I like he was claimed by Englehart, apparently looking ahead to Saratoga. But I was concerned by no works since the claim, over a month ago. So I go to Bemata, the dropper.

Bemata never gets into the race and Shank fights all the way and wins, paying over $20. I'm listening to the race driving home from work and damn near drove over the median.

Stillriledup 07-27-2014 10:12 PM

Needed the 7 for 3rd or 4th in the finale at Mountaineer..had the 5 on top, he couldnt lose on the far turn, the fading 1-2 shot was toiling and the 7 was splitting horses and looming. If he's 3rd, i hit the tri, if he's 4th i hit the super.....so, he's gotta be at least 4th, right? Looked like he might even be 2nd turning for home and somehow, magically, with everything riding, he loses a dirty bob for 4th.

:bang:

Thebigguy 07-27-2014 11:06 PM

I took about 5 yesterday. Im done for a while. Ill post a few of them now, probably taking a break until Travers day. Here are 2 from my account that I can access easily. I guess you would have to care to check the results.... I mean none of these were brutal but they add up quick. One of the Monmouth ones from yesterday was pretty bad, as I would have ended up hitting the next leg w/ an 11-1 shot.

2014-07-26 13:12:19 Bet Monmouth Park 8 Trifecta $2.00 BX 1+2+7+9 $48.00

This one is bad because I ran 1-2 and got the 9-5 favorite off the board, and the 9 who won was like 11-1.

2014-07-26 11:32:29 Bet Monmouth Park 6 Pick-3 $2.00 5+9/5+8+9+10/1+2+7+9 $64.00

This one was bad because I tossed the 3-5 chalk in the first leg and beat it, got nosed right on the wire in the 2nd leg then had to watch the 9 at 11-1 win the last leg. Then Im steaming so I play the triple w/ my 4 horses......

2014-07-26 11:24:01 Bet Saratoga 4 Pick-3 $1.00 1+4+6/5+6+8/1+4+6+9+12 $45.00

This was was obviously bad because the 6 was a huge $ in the 2nd leg and Im live to 5 horses in the last leg. Still not sure what Lezcano was doing on the 12.... As you can see these all happened within about 120min of each other.
Here are a few more smaller ones, but still shitty beats from today.

COMPLETED: aa50a-7823a DMR #7 $25 Double 1,WT,2,3 none $ 50.00 $ 0.00 - $ 50.00

Still not sure what happened w/ Bafferts horse...... Even if the chalk gets up it would have been a 11x12. Last one....

COMPLETED: c0696-f7218 DMR #3 $20 Pick-3 3 ,WT, 1 WT,8,10,11,12 none $ 80.00 $ 0.00 - $ 80.00

pick 3's were all paying good. 3 of my horses are under 5-1 none of them run a step. I guess at least it wasn't close.

Stillriledup 07-27-2014 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thebigguy
I took about 5 yesterday. Im done for a while. Ill post a few of them now, probably taking a break until Travers day. Here are 2 from my account that I can access easily. I guess you would have to care to check the results.... I mean none of these were brutal but they add up quick. One of the Monmouth ones from yesterday was pretty bad, as I would have ended up hitting the next leg w/ an 11-1 shot.

2014-07-26 13:12:19 Bet Monmouth Park 8 Trifecta $2.00 BX 1+2+7+9 $48.00

This one is bad because I ran 1-2 and got the 9-5 favorite off the board, and the 9 who won was like 11-1.

2014-07-26 11:32:29 Bet Monmouth Park 6 Pick-3 $2.00 5+9/5+8+9+10/1+2+7+9 $64.00

This one was bad because I tossed the 3-5 chalk in the first leg and beat it, got nosed right on the wire in the 2nd leg then had to watch the 9 at 11-1 win the last leg. Then Im steaming so I play the triple w/ my 4 horses......

2014-07-26 11:24:01 Bet Saratoga 4 Pick-3 $1.00 1+4+6/5+6+8/1+4+6+9+12 $45.00

This was was obviously bad because the 6 was a huge $ in the 2nd leg and Im live to 5 horses in the last leg. Still not sure what Lezcano was doing on the 12.... As you can see these all happened within about 120min of each other.
Here are a few more smaller ones, but still shitty beats from today.

COMPLETED: aa50a-7823a DMR #7 $25 Double 1,WT,2,3 none $ 50.00 $ 0.00 - $ 50.00

Still not sure what happened w/ Bafferts horse...... Even if the chalk gets up it would have been a 11x12. Last one....

COMPLETED: c0696-f7218 DMR #3 $20 Pick-3 3 ,WT, 1 WT,8,10,11,12 none $ 80.00 $ 0.00 - $ 80.00

pick 3's were all paying good. 3 of my horses are under 5-1 none of them run a step. I guess at least it wasn't close.

I hear you big guy, i'm going where if a nose is involved, i'm on the losing end. Perfect example was today's 7th. I really liked the7 horse as the key, she was "given a race" at Los Al and was set up nicely for this engagement today. The 1 was coming out of the same race as she was at Los Al and in that race, she was REALLY given a race, they werent' interested in losing the condition for 42k when they could lose it for 75k. Anyway, i make a huge tri part wheel 1 over a few horses over the 7 and a big 19 with 19 with 7 tri. So, KJD rides a really good race and finds a perfect spot inside, the filly is traveling smartly. The leading horse bolts and the red sea opens up for me...than, all of a sudden, as if on cue, the guy starts riding funny and whipping the horse in very odd fashion and she gets beat for 3rd when it really looked like she would be able to hit the ticket turning for home.

That's how its been going for me in a nutshell, the guy works out a perfect trip with a nice looking, well bred filly who had strong late run in her previous race and she just, all of a sudden, with my money riding, becomes "hard to steer" and finishes 4th behind the logical horses.

Thebigguy 07-28-2014 05:02 AM

Quote:

I hear you big guy, i'm going where if a nose is involved, i'm on the losing end. Perfect example was today's 7th. I really liked the7 horse as the key, she was "given a race" at Los Al and was set up nicely for this engagement today. The 1 was coming out of the same race as she was at Los Al and in that race, she was REALLY given a race, they werent' interested in losing the condition for 42k when they could lose it for 75k. Anyway, i make a huge tri part wheel 1 over a few horses over the 7 and a big 19 with 19 with 7 tri. So, KJD rides a really good race and finds a perfect spot inside, the filly is traveling smartly. The leading horse bolts and the red sea opens up for me...than, all of a sudden, as if on cue, the guy starts riding funny and whipping the horse in very odd fashion and she gets beat for 3rd when it really looked like she would be able to hit the ticket turning for home.

That's how its been going for me in a nutshell, the guy works out a perfect trip with a nice looking, well bred filly who had strong late run in her previous race and she just, all of a sudden, with my money riding, becomes "hard to steer" and finishes 4th behind the logical horses.

Yup, its been pretty bad.

Tall One 07-28-2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
Yesterday, Saratoga Race 8.
I have the race down to two horses - Shankapotamus and Bemata.
Shank is my top pick. I like he was claimed by Englehart, apparently looking ahead to Saratoga. But I was concerned by no works since the claim, over a month ago. So I go to Bemata, the dropper.

Bemata never gets into the race and Shank fights all the way and wins, paying over $20. I'm listening to the race driving home from work and damn near drove over the median.

My week-end started out OK..won the inquiry in the last at Saratoga Friday, hit the exacta; but at that point I shoulda known to call it a week-end.
Won't go into a lot of details, but Saturday, for the first time in a long time, I started chasing it...and was blinded by it. So, like thebigguy, I'm taking a couple weeks off until I get in my comfort zone again. I'll still handicap and see if I can get my sight back, but there will be no wagering. I'll follow the news and trends on the board, but that's it.

Also, Tom, Shank is in my freaking DRF Stable, and I didn't use him either. Definitely one of those special weekends. :rolleyes:

thespaah 07-28-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Needed the 7 for 3rd or 4th in the finale at Mountaineer..had the 5 on top, he couldnt lose on the far turn, the fading 1-2 shot was toiling and the 7 was splitting horses and looming. If he's 3rd, i hit the tri, if he's 4th i hit the super.....so, he's gotta be at least 4th, right? Looked like he might even be 2nd turning for home and somehow, magically, with everything riding, he loses a dirty bob for 4th.

:bang:

Join the club.....
Was at Belmont with a friend. We had two trifectas that at the top of the stretch were in the bag. We had the first 4 in a gapped field. When they hit the eight pole I said "you have got to be kidding me.....My buddy says "it isn't over. He'll be there"....
I shot back with "That's the problem"...
Sure as the rising sun in the East, the one running fifth blows right by and gets the show....I swear that horse started it's run from the Cross Island Parkway

Stillriledup 07-28-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thespaah
Join the club.....
Was at Belmont with a friend. We had two trifectas that at the top of the stretch were in the bag. We had the first 4 in a gapped field. When they hit the eight pole I said "you have got to be kidding me.....My buddy says "it isn't over. He'll be there"....
I shot back with "That's the problem"...
Sure as the rising sun in the East, the one running fifth blows right by and gets the show....I swear that horse started it's run from the Cross Island Parkway

Its funny that you mention this because i was just thinking about something similar the other day.

I used to think that the difference between horse racing and dog racing was that in horse racing, you can stop and still hit the board. You can stop and still win and that a 'big lead" is somewhat safe, and in dog racing, if you stop, you have 0 chance to win or hit the ticket. You can have a 3 length lead in dog racing with 3 seconds left in the race and if you hit the wall, you're finishing off the board. In horse racing, i didn't think that was the case......but it seems like things have changed....seems like horse racing is now more like dog racing and that if you stop, someone will reel you in. You're never safe, so many of these horse races look visually like they're in slow motion. The Wire NEVER comes when you need it, no matter how short the race is.

Stillriledup 07-28-2014 05:29 PM

Just had my anti bad beat.

I wagered on Race 1 at PID, and they cancelled the race halfway around because of a down rider on the track. The race lined up with the 2 chalks 1-2 and they were going to finish 1-2 and i was going to lose, my play wasn't chalk based. I said STOP THE RACE and they DID!

Elliott Sidewater 07-28-2014 09:10 PM

You bet a race at Presque Isle? Why????? (no one else does, handle for a Sunday night card was <$400K, pathetic)

Stillriledup 07-28-2014 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliott Sidewater
You bet a race at Presque Isle? Why????? (no one else does, handle for a Sunday night card was <$400K, pathetic)

Because i didnt see Saratoga, Del Mar or Gulfstream available to wager on? :D

tanner12oz 07-28-2014 09:39 PM

Sunday is a bad day for pid because of competition and lack of tvg picking up the signal

thespaah 07-28-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliott Sidewater

Why do you care?...

EMD4ME 08-02-2014 12:38 PM

https://www.twinspires.com/tv/index....e=Thoroughbred

Try betting this horse and tell me why the jockey wasn't at least 1 path off the rail turning for home. But I must be insane, to want people to be proactive.

If the link doesn't work, I apologize. Its Ellis park July 11 race 8 number 4.

Stillriledup 09-05-2014 06:38 PM

I would have hit the tri in the 4th at Los Al if Bejarano is 3rd. What was this guy doing in the lane? It even appeared like he was going to be 3rd and he stopped riding at the wire. Very shady ride, looked like he did everything in his power to not finish in the top 3.

Hoofless_Wonder 09-05-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

I would have hit the tri in the 4th at Los Al if Bejarano is 3rd. What was this guy doing in the lane? It even appeared like he was going to be 3rd and he stopped riding at the wire. Very shady ride, looked like he did everything in his power to not finish in the top 3.

SRU, I often agree with your subjective posts, but not this time. It appeared to me the :5: was steadied in mid-stretch, and didn't want to go through the inside, and by the time the horse figured out it was okay, it was just too late. And Bejarano hardly did "everything in his power" - as close as that photo was, he would have needed to jump off the horse to stay out of the tri.

Besides, he was the chalk. A real "bad beat" can't be about the chalk, now, can it? :)

Stillriledup 09-05-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoofless_Wonder
SRU, I often agree with your subjective posts, but not this time. It appeared to me the :5: was steadied in mid-stretch, and didn't want to go through the inside, and by the time the horse figured out it was okay, it was just too late. And Bejarano hardly did "everything in his power" - as close as that photo was, he would have needed to jump off the horse to stay out of the tri.

Besides, he was the chalk. A real "bad beat" can't be about the chalk, now, can it? :)

The tri would have paid probably between 300 and 500, so it wasn't "chalk" per se, i just needed him to be 3rd.

What made me mad is that the horse was lugging the entire lane and he was just trying to keep him straight, he was steering him behind the top 2 leaders...than, found a spot late in the race......and the horse was moving ok until he reached up and smacked the horse and the horse stopped running from the whip, at that point, with a few strides left, he strangled the horse in "woh woh woh" fashion....all he had to do was handride the final 10 yards and he's 3rd easily.

The 5 is 10 lengths better in real life than the 3 horse and he found a way to not be able to beat that horse to the wire despite looking like he was going to win by 10 turning for home.

Hoofless_Wonder 09-05-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

The tri would have paid probably between 300 and 500, so it wasn't "chalk" per se, i just needed him to be 3rd.

What made me mad is that the horse was lugging the entire lane and he was just trying to keep him straight, he was steering him behind the top 2 leaders...than, found a spot late in the race......and the horse was moving ok until he reached up and smacked the horse and the horse stopped running from the whip, at that point, with a few strides left, he strangled the horse in "woh woh woh" fashion....all he had to do was handride the final 10 yards and he's 3rd easily.

The 5 is 10 lengths better in real life than the 3 horse and he found a way to not be able to beat that horse to the wire despite looking like he was going to win by 10 turning for home.

SRU, please invest your next tri's winnings in a new pair of glasses. The horse took a bad step in mid-stretch, veering out and losing ground and damn near falling, then when straightened out he started making up ground again, but took another bad step or shied from the whip near the wire. Very skittish, and as the announcer mentioned, "greenly". Watch the head-on replay. Anything but a shady ride. Bejarano had his hands full just getting the horse around the track.

Yeah, the $2 tri might have paid $400, but it was still the 6/5 chalk horse.

I hear your frustration though. That horse runs straight, he probably wins by 10. Maybe next time.......

Stillriledup 10-12-2014 07:28 PM

Whoever needed the 10 for 3rd in today's (Oct 12) 7th at SA i really feel for you. The tri with the favorite 3rd paid 1400 for a buck, the 10 was moving up the rail at 42-1 and Paulieman said the 10 got up for third......so if you had to listen to him tell you won, than find out you didnt, that's gotta hurt badly.

Tri would have paid at least 5k for a buck and you lost a cruel head bob.

jk3521 10-12-2014 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoofless_Wonder
SRU, please invest your next tri's winnings in a new pair of glasses. The horse took a bad step in mid-stretch, veering out and losing ground and damn near falling, then when straightened out he started making up ground again, but took another bad step or shied from the whip near the wire. Very skittish, and as the announcer mentioned, "greenly". Watch the head-on replay. Anything but a shady ride. Bejarano had his hands full just getting the horse around the track.

Yeah, the $2 tri might have paid $400, but it was still the 6/5 chalk horse.

I hear your frustration though. That horse runs straight, he probably wins by 10. Maybe next time.......

I'm continually amazed how some people are so quick to blame factors out of anyone's control for them not cashing a bet ! Jockeys have to make split-second decisions when a horse all of a sudden loses it.Did the horse take a bad step, try to jump a shadow, get scared by the shriek of a seagull or much worse fracture a sesamoid. They are a very skittish animal and it doesn't take much to scare them, much less injure them.Or maybe your bet was just a bad bet.

Stillriledup 12-08-2014 04:31 PM

Absolutely excruciating beat in the 6th at Sunland for 2nd for anyone who needed the 6 horse "clean".

The 3-5 shot got passed at the top of the lane by the other main contender, the 3-5 shot appeared to be under "odd" handling by the rider, seemed like his chances were hopeless to hit the board and somehow, he just hung around and got an impossible dead heat for 2nd when it looked like the 6 had him dead to rights.

Terrible beat for those who were holding a 7-6 to not get the clean result and also a bad beat for those who needed the 3-5 shot off the board to collect hefty show payoffs, seemed like the whole field was going to pass this guy turning for home.

luisbe 12-09-2014 07:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Not a bad beat but...
Race 4 at Woo last Sunday still haunting me. I liked number :9: so I did a tri covered with the other 2 I liked to 1st and 2nd with all but one at 3rd.

FrankieFigs 12-10-2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jk3521
Or maybe your bet was just a bad bet.

Are you kidding me?!?! We never make the wrong decision!! We just get screwed!!

IT'S ALL FIXED!!! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!

;) :D

Stillriledup 02-07-2015 09:40 PM

Not THAT bad of a beat, just rubbed it into myself in the 7th at Delta tonight. Had a 3-5 box and put my hands in the air celebrating on the far turn looking like a mortal lock and here comes the stupid even money shot from parts unknown reeling me in like it was a 1,356 foot stretch. Mama mia! :bang: :D