Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Bad Beat thread. (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103720)

thespaah 02-07-2015 10:46 PM

This is outside the realm of horse racing but a bad beat none the less....
BTW, I am quite certain I ma not the only one who suffered this one.
Anyway, I was in a $100 per box square pool on the Super Bowl last week.
The final paid $4000. I was sharing 3 boxes with three other people.
That interception thrown by Wilson at the frggin one yard line with 20 seconds to play.....Yeah, Seattle scores a TD and I'm on the winning square.
Talk about wanting to do the old technicolor yawn....

Stillriledup 02-07-2015 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thespaah
This is outside the realm of horse racing but a bad beat none the less....
BTW, I am quite certain I ma not the only one who suffered this one.
Anyway, I was in a $100 per box square pool on the Super Bowl last week.
The final paid $4000. I was sharing 3 boxes with three other people.
That interception thrown by Wilson at the frggin one yard line with 20 seconds to play.....Yeah, Seattle scores a TD and I'm on the winning square.
Talk about wanting to do the old technicolor yawn....

Tough one to swallow, that's a bad beat right there. Yikes, tough way to lose.

thespaah 02-08-2015 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Tough one to swallow, that's a bad beat right there. Yikes, tough way to lose.

Yeah...Went to Upstate NY for the weekend to attend a very fun SB Party in a bar where my friend works part time.
Because of an approaching snow storm, I had to leave on Sunday instead of Monday....SO I am listening to this unfold while ripping down I-81 at 75 mph....
Let me give you a little lesson here....Pounding the steering wheel in utter fury at that speed, at night, it NOT a good idea.....
In a way 'm glad I wasn't there. Probably would have wanted to throw something and made ass of self...Not good.

TucsonGreyhound 02-09-2015 06:21 PM

Since I'm not in an ADW state I often place bets with an offshore account.

I hit 5 of 6 on the Pick Six at Turf Paradise today, but no one on the track had 5 of 6 so it only paid out for 4 of 6.

I will collect on a bunch of 4 of 6's but my ticket with 5 of 6 gets paid zilch.

:bang:

Guess it's what I deserve for betting into a terrible pool at a terrible track. :D

horses4courses 02-09-2015 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TucsonGreyhound

I hit 5 of 6 on the Pick Six at Turf Paradise today, but no one on the track had 5 of 6 so it only paid out for 4 of 6.

I will collect on a bunch of 4 of 6's but my ticket with 5 of 6 gets paid zilch.

Guess it's what I deserve for betting into a terrible pool at a terrible track. :D

Offshore books actually take a PK6 bet?
With limits???

Ouch.....that's really asking for trouble, imo.

TucsonGreyhound 02-09-2015 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horses4courses
Offshore books actually take a PK6 bet?
With limits???

Ouch.....that's really asking for trouble, imo.

Most of the major ones offer all wager types. I play at one of the largest (maybe the largest?) and they cap it at $30,000.

I typically play the $.25 minimums so no threat to hit the cap.

EMD4ME 02-09-2015 07:12 PM

Try having $40,000-$50,000 on the line and needing one horse to win Saturday at Aqueduct for the pick 6 and a $5 pick 4....

Your horse needs the lead (off your handicapping). Gets a 1 length break from the gate, doesn't clear the ONLY HORSE that can beat you (a firster that is taking a huge amount of money) and loses because the JOCK refuses to PUMP and clear when he gets the break at the gate.

Race 7. McLaughlin 2nd time starter, number 9. Watch the replay.

I don't mind losing but it's super gut busting when a jock doesn't give his horse the best shot to win (He got a great break, didn't pump to clear and/or intimidate his main foe)

Oh....by the way....5 minutes to post, told my friend, this is the one race I need to hit for $40K-$50K but I am sure (based upon the heavy money coming in on the 6-with Irad aboard-he chose the 6 over the 5 in terms of who he will ride) I will lose as Irad, Jose and Manuel own the track and will make sure Angel doesn't go too hard.

Low and behold, I was right.

And some people wonder why I say the things I say.

horses4courses 02-09-2015 07:12 PM

Quote:

Most of the major ones offer all wager types. I play at one of the largest (maybe the largest?) and they cap it at $30,000.

I typically play the $.25 minimums so no threat to hit the cap.

Okay....that's not so bad, then.

Didn't I read somewhere recently that TVG was getting into AZ market?

Stillriledup 02-09-2015 07:12 PM

Quote:

The pool was 4,600, so after takeout, if takeout is 25% (not sure what it is, you can adjust accordingly) there's 3450 give back...was there a carryover heading into today?

You can do the math and figure that you would have been the only one with 5 of 6, its probably something you could figure out.

thespaah 02-09-2015 07:33 PM

Quote:

UGH!!!!!
I have been looking for a new offshore as I am also in a non ADW state.....Buckle of the Bible belt here.

thespaah 02-09-2015 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horses4courses
Okay....that's not so bad, then.

Didn't I read somewhere recently that TVG was getting into AZ market?

I happened to be watching TVG last night. Real bad TV overall. They were plugging the addition of AZ to their list of available states.

horses4courses 02-09-2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thespaah
I happened to be watching TVG last night. Real bad TV overall. They were plugging the addition of AZ to their list of available states.

Bad TV, I agree.
Their website, for betting purposes, is just fine.

I would recommend them for online betting,
especially if you can get some sign-up deal.

There's always the mute button on your TV...... ;)

menifee 02-09-2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Try having $40,000-$50,000 on the line and needing one horse to win Saturday at Aqueduct for the pick 6 and a $5 pick 4....

Your horse needs the lead (off your handicapping). Gets a 1 length break from the gate, doesn't clear the ONLY HORSE that can beat you (a firster that is taking a huge amount of money) and loses because the JOCK refuses to PUMP and clear when he gets the break at the gate.

Race 7. McLaughlin 2nd time starter, number 9. Watch the replay.

I don't mind losing but it's super gut busting when a jock doesn't give his horse the best shot to win (He got a great break, didn't pump to clear and/or intimidate his main foe)

Oh....by the way....5 minutes to post, told my friend, this is the one race I need to hit for $40K-$50K but I am sure (based upon the heavy money coming in on the 6-with Irad aboard-he chose the 6 over the 5 in terms of who he will ride) I will lose as Irad, Jose and Manuel own the track and will make sure Angel doesn't go too hard.

Low and behold, I was right.

And some people wonder why I say the things I say.

Don't you hedge in that instance? I know it still hurts, but it can make it less painful.

TucsonGreyhound 02-09-2015 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillriledup
The pool was 4,600, so after takeout, if takeout is 25% (not sure what it is, you can adjust accordingly) there's 3450 give back...was there a carryover heading into today?

You can do the math and figure that you would have been the only one with 5 of 6, its probably something you could figure out.

There was a small carryover heading into today. TBH, I have no idea what % they pay out for the consolation.

Stillriledup 02-09-2015 08:10 PM

Quote:

There was a small carryover heading into today. TBH, I have no idea what % they pay out for the consolation.

I think at SA they pay 50 % to winners of pick 6, 25% to consos and 25% (approx) to takeout.

So its probably similar at TuP? Dont know for sure though.