Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Rich Strike? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170443)

Aerocraft67 05-06-2022 11:54 AM

Rich Strike?

21 Rich Strike will run.
  • According to TFUS, he's the only certified "closer" in the field, with the best late pace rating, beating Zandon's by a point.
  • Dam sire average winning distance: 7.6f. Fourth highest in the field (along with three others). Although, BRIS and DRF distance ratings are in the bottom third of the pack.
  • Last post not a problem.
  • Rider has better record than half a dozen or so in the race. But not with routes.
  • One of only five entrants to have run at least seven races.
  • Speed and class figs are all at the bottom of the field or next to it.
  • Has to improve, what, 13 points from a 107 TFUS (on synth) just to hit the super?
  • Could be overbet as longest shot in the race.

Just doesn't seem impossible to clunk up for the last slot of the super. But more likely to admirably outrun his odds at 11th.

rastajenk 05-06-2022 06:37 PM

An assistant to the Reeds told me this morning at Belterra that they had drawn in and mentioned some of those things above. I said that was going to cost me, cause now I have to plunk a few down on one with local connections. But he said he can run all day, so if most of the other 16 or 17 that make more sense blow a gasket at the sixteenth pole, maybe he can blow up the verticals. And that's your insider information of the day. :cool:

Tom 05-07-2022 07:14 PM

Well now.......

BlueChip@DRF 05-07-2022 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerocraft67 (Post 2802668)
21 Rich Strike will run.
  • According to TFUS, he's the only certified "closer" in the field, with the best late pace rating, beating Zandon's by a point.
  • Dam sire average winning distance: 7.6f. Fourth highest in the field (along with three others). Although, BRIS and DRF distance ratings are in the bottom third of the pack.
  • Last post not a problem.
  • Rider has better record than half a dozen or so in the race. But not with routes.
  • One of only five entrants to have run at least seven races.
  • Speed and class figs are all at the bottom of the field or next to it.
  • Has to improve, what, 13 points from a 107 TFUS (on synth) just to hit the super?
  • Could be overbet as longest shot in the race.

Just doesn't seem impossible to clunk up for the last slot of the super. But more likely to admirably outrun his odds at 11th.

Was that a typo? You put in an extra 1 in there.

Parkview_Pirate 05-07-2022 07:15 PM

Beyond belief. Pace was hot enough, and fell apart. Nice run by 21!

MNslappy 05-07-2022 07:19 PM

looking at the PPs again trying to figure it out

can't

GMB@BP 05-07-2022 07:24 PM

I had him, loved the pattern and improving performances on synthetic then switch to dirt, no kickback on the outside.

game is ez

Gerard02 05-07-2022 07:24 PM

Someone knew something about this guy. Woof.

BlueChip@DRF 05-07-2022 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNslappy (Post 2803030)

can't

Half the field was all speed.

porchy44 05-07-2022 07:37 PM

Biggest Upset

Biggest upset since the 1969 Superbowl. Jets 16 Colts 7

Rex Phinney 05-07-2022 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNslappy (Post 2803030)

can't

He had one win prior. Any guesses what track it came on…..

Rex Phinney 05-07-2022 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueChip@DRF (Post 2803035)
Half the field was all speed.

Unreal how some actual pace shakes this race up. I like it, derby is boring without it.

BettinBilly 05-07-2022 07:42 PM

I didn't bother to even post my picks today in the Derby Day Play Along because just about all of my tickets were handed to me already torn up. But Race 12? They handed me the ticket mutilated. Like most, I paid the 21 horse no mind. Brutal day for me gents.

But I'm very happy for Rich Strike and connections. Congrats everyone that is connected and bet that horse. Totally amazing.

Secretariat 05-07-2022 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex Phinney (Post 2803041)
He had one win prior. Any guesses what track it came on…..

Yeah, Churchill, but it was a Maiden Claming race in which he was claimed. Only ran on graded stakes race G3.

One heckuva of a stretch run by Leon with that horse. Just hope the drug sample comes back OK. Don't need another Medina.

Rex Phinney 05-07-2022 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secretariat (Post 2803046)
Yeah, Churchill, but it was a Maiden Claming race in which he was claimed. Only ran on graded stakes race G3.

One heckuva of a stretch run by Leon with that horse. Just hope the drug sample comes back OK. Don't need another Medina.

One win out of seven tries, whatever the competition, he likes what he likes apparently.

It doesn’t seem like he needed any hot meds. Seems like the connections knew he was all about distance and everything in front of him was gassed. Sunny Leon rode him calm as can be, amazing ride, played to his gameplan and didn’t let the circus of the Derby deter him