Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Arizona suspends a trainer 6 months for knowing running an unfit horse (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169884)

dilanesp 03-31-2022 04:51 PM

Arizona suspends a trainer 6 months for knowing running an unfit horse

SG4 03-31-2022 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2796275)

I think the lawsuits by bettors against Baffert etc trying to recoup money lost on the Derby are absolute garbage, but in this case shouldn't there be a real potential for suit against either this trainer, jockey or the track for any money lost betting this horse? How about by the new owners who claimed this horse? Is it true there was no vet exam the day of the race?

jay68802 03-31-2022 09:32 PM

Trainer is a POS, 6 months is a joke.

lamboguy 03-31-2022 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay68802 (Post 2796359)

all true, he should get about 25 years and go to jail. for mopery.

ranchwest 03-31-2022 11:21 PM

Quote:

Try shooting a duck out of season or otherwise illegally and see what you get. Often more than 6 months. Shouldn't horses be held in higher esteem? Shouldn't the public be protected? Shouldn't somebody care that this can bring down the entire industry?

trifecta 03-31-2022 11:31 PM

“Furthermore,” the rulings states, “aggravating circumstances include trainer Juan Pablo Silva-Pantoja perjuring himself during the hearing by giving false statements under oath and his history of multiple rule violations.”

Suspension should be a lot more than 6 months when the above is included.

Boomer 03-31-2022 11:32 PM

He's got lots of horses....

.....so you'll see him at Mountaineer opening day.

therussmeister 04-01-2022 02:18 AM

Quote:

Six months is likely the longest suspension track stewards a able to hand out. The matter has been forwarded to the director of the Arizona Department of Racing with recommendation for further action.

dilanesp 04-01-2022 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trifecta (Post 2796375)
“Furthermore,” the rulings states, “aggravating circumstances include trainer Juan Pablo Silva-Pantoja perjuring himself during the hearing by giving false statements under oath and his history of multiple rule violations.”

Suspension should be a lot more than 6 months when the above is included.

Well an express finding like that can draw a perjury prosecution. We'll see what happens.

Tom 04-01-2022 10:10 AM

Boycott any track that allows this POS on the grounds.

Boomer 05-08-2022 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 2796376)
.....so you'll see him at Mountaineer opening day.

OOps I was wrong. Showing up at the Mountain tonight. Not quite opening day..

"Have Horses Will Travel" Reads his card.

Thomas Roulston 05-08-2022 06:42 PM

Could you imagine if the same rules existed at Green Mountain Racetrack in the 1970s?

Practically every trainer would have gotten suspended! :D

shout1966 05-09-2022 01:42 PM

After reading the article how can the track and the track vet not be liable as well. From the vets own mouth you can tell something was wrong with the horse pre race

" Dr. Gale, the state veterinarian, said she conducted a pre-race inspection of Juror in the stable area that day and was warned by trainer Silva, “Watch out Doctor, this horse is a son of a bitch and will try to strike you.”
Gale's statement said she attempted to lift Juror's left front leg, but the horse “pulled back and reared. I tried again with the same result. Out of concern for safety, I chose to observe the horse jog and no lameness was perceptible.”

Horse wouldn't let the vet lift his leg seems obvious to me he was hurt and should have been scratched.

Boomer 05-09-2022 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shout1966 (Post 2803489)
After reading the article how can the track and the track vet not be liable as well. From the vets own mouth you can tell something was wrong with the horse pre race

" Dr. Gale, the state veterinarian, said she conducted a pre-race inspection of Juror in the stable area that day and was warned by trainer Silva, “Watch out Doctor, this horse is a son of a bitch and will try to strike you.”
Gale's statement said she attempted to lift Juror's left front leg, but the horse “pulled back and reared. I tried again with the same result. Out of concern for safety, I chose to observe the horse jog and no lameness was perceptible.”

Horse wouldn't let the vet lift his leg seems obvious to me he was hurt and should have been scratched.

Likely why Turf Paradise breakdown rates so high!

That and lame horses can be claimed with no reversals cause further problems.