Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Payoff Prices Survey (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70934)

Horseplayersbet.com 05-29-2010 09:18 AM

Payoff Prices Survey

How would you like to see all tracks report their payoff prices?

BillW 05-29-2010 09:40 AM

How about simply the odds so you don't have to worry about the size of the bet. With today's technology, I should be able to put "$27.39 to win on the 7" and not be limited to the denominations now offered. Why would I want to do this? One reason I can think of is that it is the end of the night and I have a voucher for $27.39 left in my pocket. If a little ole lady wants to bet a dime on the six - so be it. In addition, payouts should be noted to the penny (i.e. get rid of breakage!)

Horseplayersbet.com 05-29-2010 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillW
How about simply the odds so you don't have to worry about the size of the bet. With today's technology, I should be able to put "$27.39 to win on the 7" and not be limited to the denominations now offered. Why would I want to do this? One reason I can think of is that it is the end of the night and I have a voucher for $27.39 left in my pocket. If a little ole lady wants to bet a dime on the six - so be it. In addition, payouts should be noted to the penny (i.e. get rid of breakage!)

That change might make sense, but it has absolutely no chance of flying in this lifetime.

Oh, and there is a debate about getting rid of pennies in Canada since they cost 2-4 cents to make and many people can't stand them anyway.

BillW 05-29-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horseplayersbet.com
That change might make sense, but it has absolutely no chance of flying in this lifetime.

Oh, and there is a debate about getting rid of pennies in Canada since they cost 2-4 cents to make and many people can't stand them anyway.

Electronic pennies are quite a bit cheaper ;)

andymays 05-29-2010 10:02 AM

Whatever they do the industry should be consistent.

Horseplayersbet.com 05-29-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andymays
Whatever they do the industry should be consistent.

I agree. I could live with any of the first four options, as long as every track practiced it.

thaskalos 05-29-2010 03:55 PM

Win, place and show...$2

All exotic payoffs...$1.

Not to get off the subject...but another thing that the tracks have to get together on, is the way they post the number of the race about to go off, as it relates to the "minutes to post".

Horseplayersbet.com 05-29-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos
Win, place and show...$2

All exotic payoffs...$1.

Not to get off the subject...but another thing that the tracks have to get together on, is the way they post the number of the race about to go off, as it relates to the "minutes to post".

Because of 50 cent pick 5's or the Beulah pick 6, and the fact that some tracks have $2 minimum pick 6's, I think the $1 for all exotics can't fly.

Stillriledup 05-29-2010 05:35 PM

Why would some of you people vote for the 2 dollar payoffs? I don't get it. This isn't 1970 anymore.

thaskalos 05-29-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horseplayersbet.com
Because of 50 cent pick 5's or the Beulah pick 6, and the fact that some tracks have $2 minimum pick 6's, I think the $1 for all exotics can't fly.

Anything is better than what we got now. In 80% of the racetracks that I follow, in the probable pick-3 and pick-4 payoff listings, there is no indication of what the betting unit is.

How hard can it be to post whether it's a $1 or $2 payoff?

Horseplayersbet.com 05-29-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Anything is better than what we got now. In 80% of the racetracks that I follow, in the probable pick-3 and pick-4 payoff listings, there is no indication of what the betting unit is.

It is crazy the way it is now. There is no way someone should have to research a payoff in today's day and age.

I really think the way this needs to be approached is that payoffs are set to the minimum wager.

Where is HANA when you need them :p

lamboguy 05-30-2010 08:47 AM

you guys are always complaining about takeout, why not focus on breakage that when a horse is supposed to pay $4.19 and they revert it back to $4.00. the simulcast and adw's keep their breakage. breakage adds up to alot of money at the end of the year. to the player.

thaskalos 05-30-2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy
you guys are always complaining about takeout, why not focus on breakage that when a horse is supposed to pay $4.19 and they revert it back to $4.00. the simulcast and adw's keep their breakage. breakage adds up to alot of money at the end of the year. to the player.

What difference does it make whether the player complains about the takeout and breakage or not? The players have been complaining about those things for decades and nothing has ever been done.

The only reason some racetracks are reducing the takeout now is because they are getting desperate. Nothing short of an outright boycott can ever bring about the changes that the horseplayers want.

Track Collector 05-30-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Obviously not hard at all.

Management and those who run businesses do some very dumb things when they do not know what it is like to be a customer of the product they are selling.

Fingal 06-03-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Why would some of you people vote for the 2 dollar payoffs? I don't get it. This isn't 1970 anymore.

The other Sunday on his radio show out in S Cal Mike Willman was giving props to Bob Ike & said he hit the late P4 for $451. HUH ? That's was news to me since our group hit it & it only paid $225.50. Then I realized he was using a $ 2 payoff, except it's a dollar minimum bet.

TVG stung me once by showing $2 exacta probables instead of $1. What I thought I was getting was nice until I checked the account.

If tracks use a dollar minimum for a particular bet, show it that way. Stop taking the attitude that no one bets dollars. Show it the way it is, not the way you think it should be.