Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW) (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   No NYRA video on 4njbets (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61560)

affirmedny 09-11-2009 03:19 PM

No NYRA video on 4njbets

Supposedly a dispute. Anybody know anything?

Horseplayersbet.com 09-11-2009 04:06 PM

Same with HPI. Must be the horsemen or the execs. I know one thing, it isn't the horseplayer behind this.

Stevie Belmont 09-12-2009 01:35 PM

WTF!!

When did this happen? I can't get it...

How long is this going to last?

What damn shame...no where to get audio at least? Used to be on the site...

Milleruszk 09-12-2009 02:00 PM

No live NYRA video on NJBets

Signed on today and got this message; "NYRA Live Video no longer available...Watch on TVG & HRTV...replays at 4njbets.com & nyra.com"

Anyone know what is going on? NYRA video feed has always been available on NJBETS. Thanks.

DeanT 09-12-2009 02:29 PM

Customers don't matter a hell of a lot do they?

Tom 09-12-2009 02:51 PM

at all.

My policy is, once blocked from a track, I NEVER go back.
If we could get the message out there, the half-wits who run the tracks/adw's/whatever might get it. It is everyone's fault - when you play catch with a turd, you get dirty.

Stevie Belmont 09-12-2009 03:46 PM

I don't know, but it does really suck...

Pacingguy 09-12-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
at all.

My policy is, once blocked from a track, I NEVER go back.
If we could get the message out there, the half-wits who run the tracks/adw's/whatever might get it. It is everyone's fault - when you play catch with a turd, you get dirty.

If you live in NJ and the fault lies with NJAW there isn't much you can do. If it is NYRA's fault I would tell them, no signal, no wager and like said elsewhere, I would find a new favorite running track to play forever. Sure I can watch Belmont on TVG at home, but why should I have to?

I am a harness fan, so some may wonder why do I care? Today it is Belmont, tomororw it could be Yonkers or any other trotting track.

Stevie Belmont 09-15-2009 03:57 PM

Any news on this?

affirmedny 09-16-2009 02:20 PM

Where are our friends from HANA? Isn't this the kind of situation they were formed to address in the first place?

miesque 09-16-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affirmedny
Where are our friends from HANA? Isn't this the kind of situation they were formed to address in the first place?

We will at the very least dicuss it as part of tonight's Board of Directors meeting. I would like to point out that this is not exactly the only issue out there at the moment as the racing landscape is littered with such issues and we can't hit everything at once. Regardless, the one thing I cannot stress strongly enough is that those of you who are personally affected by this should be pelting NYRA and the NYSRWB with a blizzard of letters and phone calls.

affirmedny 09-16-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miesque
We will at the very least dicuss it as part of tonight's Board of Directors meeting. I would like to point out that this is not exactly the only issue out there at the moment as the racing landscape is littered with such issues and we can't hit everything at once. Regardless, the one thing I cannot stress strongly enough is that those of you who are personally affected by this should be pelting NYRA and the NYSRWB with a blizzard of letters and phone calls.

Thank you, but we're not even sure(but most likely they are) they're the ones to blame. We've been given no reason for the shutdown whatsoever. My friend asked at the 4njbets office at the Meadowlands saturday and was told (I'm not kidding) "what's the big deal? we take plenty of other tracks".

Pacingguy 09-16-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affirmedny
Thank you, but we're not even sure(but most likely they are) they're the ones to blame. We've been given no reason for the shutdown whatsoever. My friend asked at the 4njbets office at the Meadowlands saturday and was told (I'm not kidding) "what's the big deal? we take plenty of other tracks".

The people in the office only know what they are told regarding this. I think they owe it to their bettors to at least know what the problem is. What is funny is you can google all you want and you can't find out anything; you would think it was a state secret.

Jeff P 09-16-2009 06:05 PM

I asked Charlie Hayward what was going on. Hal Handel, NYRA Chief Operating Officer sent me the following email in response:

Quote:

Hi Jeff,

Charlie asked me to respond to your note. It came as a complete
surprise to NYRA that NJBets was streaming our signal as they had no
authorization to do so, we assume that the error was in good faith and
are treating the matter accordingly. NYRA has a valuable property right
in the live streaming of its races and has arrangements with several ADW
operations to compensate NYRA for streaming rights, NJBets will be able
to stream under a similar arrangement if they in fact have an appetite
to do so; decision they have to make

We are scheduled to have a conversation with them later this week on
this very issue, replays are a very different matter and they certainly
could engage in that service if they decided to do so.

Under aegis of NYSRWBD NYRA itself is prohibited from streaming its own
races live to its own ADW customers thus raising bar on issue to a
serious plane.

Hope this is helpful, certainly no bad blood between NYRA and NJBets on
issue,

Hal Handel
Chief Operating Officer
NYRA

-jp

Pacingguy 09-16-2009 06:49 PM

Thanks for the Info

Thanks for the information, at least we know the why. Let's call it "The Case of the Accidental Pirate" :D I understand why it happened, they are showing the races they simulcast at the NJ tracks, so they probably consider NJAW an extension of simulcasting; hence not paying for the feed.

This may cause a problem for NJBETS, how many other signals are they showing the same way? Now that the problem has come to light, expect more signals to go dark.