Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Where has trainer S.Beattie gone ? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51254)

usetheforce 10-03-2008 09:43 PM

Where has trainer S.Beattie gone ?

Been away from racing for a few weeks and have noticed Steph Beattie/aka. super trainer has been missing from C.T. and D.Wells has appeared to take over the training. Anyone know if there has been any suspension brought her way ?

lamboguy 10-03-2008 10:03 PM

david wells is stephanie's boyfriend. they both work together, no matter who's name is on the program.

both are real good, they have the best program going in that area. she gets on horses, and they swim their horses.

usetheforce 10-03-2008 10:20 PM

Came across this link http://www.topix.com/forum/sports/ho...097MTO9DNR98TL

was wondering if there was any real info into there using drugs on the horses ???

lamboguy 10-04-2008 12:49 AM

are you guys nuts? just because certain trainers win all the time, you think they have to be doing something illegal. you guys always knock dutrow, asmussen, the beatie family. all these people don't run their horses when they have physical problems. they have owners that can afford to wait untill the horse is better. sometimes they put out sub-par horses and hope that someone steps into the trap and claims them.

when they run their horses they run them cheaper than what they can win for. its called jamming. weaker trainers are afraid to claim them because these "super trainers" have a reputation of useing illegal substances, and figure they can never improve on the horse. all that is is perception. cole runs his horse, wins the race, drops the horse, and wins another race. samething with the maggi moss horses.

i am not saying that these trainers don't use steroids, or clembeuterol, or hydrogen chambers, or that they tap their horses. but the way the rules are, they are not breaking them.

if you want to compare the trainers in the united states vs. those in japan. the ones in the united states would be barred for life in a new york second. they don't allow no drugs at all in japan. but in this country they do. if you don't like it, change it. it would probably be a great thing for the sport. the reason why they allowed it to begin with is because there aren't enough horses for all the tracks in this country. maybe there is to much racing going on here and that is the difficulty of the situation.

my solution would be to #1 stop paying purses to horses that finish worse than third. #2 ban all these drugs like lasix, clem, bute, and steroids. #3 have a strong commision to enforce things in racing. #4 limit the length of a racing meet to no more than 60 days. #5 don't run more than 4 thoroughbred tracks in the afternoon and and 4 in the evening. #5 have better simulcast agreements. #6 higher standards for the venues that run simulcast and live meets.

more for another day

DeanT 10-04-2008 01:26 AM

Wow, that article was rough and tumble. Tougher than a Beyer article any day. I dont think I have ever seen one like that. When 99% of horses tested test negative and she posts a bakers dozen positives, most would say she should expect and deserve to get lambasted.

jotb 10-04-2008 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usetheforce
Been away from racing for a few weeks and have noticed Steph Beattie/aka. super trainer has been missing from C.T. and D.Wells has appeared to take over the training. Anyone know if there has been any suspension brought her way ?

Stephanie Beattie has been suspended. The horse that came up with a positive was BUTLER. The horse had ran on 8-2-2008 and won a 4KNW2L by 6.5 lengths. The horse then ran back on 8-17-2008 and won a 4KNW3L by 6 lengths. On 8-17-2008 BUTLER was claimed by Roy Wallace. The horse next hit the enties on 9-21-2008 in a CLM7.5KNW26M and was scr. Butler was next entered back on 10-2-2008 in a 6KNW3L. I would think the split sample was sent out but didn't come back until Sept. The horse that finished 2nd to BUTLER on the night of the positive was BOX OF COOKIES. BOX OF COOKIES next ran on Aug 30th in a 4KNW2L. That is 4 weeks after the positive. I wonder what would have happened to BOX OF COOKIES if he would have won on AUG 30TH. Can you collect purse winnings twice for the same condition when in reality BOX OF COOKIES was not elgible for the condition?

Joe

jotb 10-04-2008 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy
are you guys nuts? just because certain trainers win all the time, you think they have to be doing something illegal. you guys always knock dutrow, asmussen, the beatie family. all these people don't run their horses when they have physical problems. they have owners that can afford to wait untill the horse is better. sometimes they put out sub-par horses and hope that someone steps into the trap and claims them.

when they run their horses they run them cheaper than what they can win for. its called jamming. weaker trainers are afraid to claim them because these "super trainers" have a reputation of useing illegal substances, and figure they can never improve on the horse. all that is is perception. cole runs his horse, wins the race, drops the horse, and wins another race. samething with the maggi moss horses.

i am not saying that these trainers don't use steroids, or clembeuterol, or hydrogen chambers, or that they tap their horses. but the way the rules are, they are not breaking them.

if you want to compare the trainers in the united states vs. those in japan. the ones in the united states would be barred for life in a new york second. they don't allow no drugs at all in japan. but in this country they do. if you don't like it, change it. it would probably be a great thing for the sport. the reason why they allowed it to begin with is because there aren't enough horses for all the tracks in this country. maybe there is to much racing going on here and that is the difficulty of the situation.

my solution would be to #1 stop paying purses to horses that finish worse than third. #2 ban all these drugs like lasix, clem, bute, and steroids. #3 have a strong commision to enforce things in racing. #4 limit the length of a racing meet to no more than 60 days. #5 don't run more than 4 thoroughbred tracks in the afternoon and and 4 in the evening. #5 have better simulcast agreements. #6 higher standards for the venues that run simulcast and live meets.

more for another day

Solution #1 for sure would hurt many owners. It's those 4th's and 5th's that pays for the overhead. You need to clarify solution #4 and solution #5 because the way I interpret both these solutions it seems to me that the only people that gain from this would be the horseplayer. The horseplayer gets to have their normal day and night action. I can't see how a 60 day meet that normally runs 200 days per year helps the horseman. Your solution puts many people out of work and many owners finding a new hobby.

joe

lamboguy 10-04-2008 11:26 AM

i beleive that if you offer more competive races at any level, people would be more inclined to participate in the game. paying purses for those trainers that consistanly run at the rear of the pack is not doing the game any good.

the long meets that are going on now have less field size and less competiveness. meaning less people betting on the races, meaning less handle, and less people going to the track. the field sizes go down every year at this time due to injuries, and owners running out of money.

john del riccio 10-04-2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

more for another day

lambo,

i wish i had the ability to search a database with the following filter.

1.) claimed from steph beattie
2.) class level competitive at with her as trainer
3.) figs earned with her as trainer

the 2 & 3 with the new trainer.

i am certain the results would not show even close to similar performances
whether the trainers were 20% or 10%. it wouldnt happen.

john

lamboguy 10-04-2008 12:57 PM

stephanie beatie is what you might categorise as a "super trainer". i notice the sub par results from horses claimed from her, and the imediate improvements once she gets her hands on them. its not like she steps them up 3 levels though, very rarely does she step them up more than 2 after the claim.

Yorker 10-04-2008 01:30 PM

Anyone find a link to her suspension details?

Mag 10-04-2008 01:39 PM

Is David Wells related to Donald V. Wells?

takeout 10-04-2008 05:32 PM

Don’t know about that but David J. and David H. appear to be the same person. Another one of those BRIS data versus TSN data things, I assume.

Shenanigans 10-04-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

more for another day

This post wins most gullible post of the year. The trainers you named is what makes it so humorous. I could get into details about a few of them and their "rule breaking" but it is not allowed on this forum......:rolleyes:

lamboguy 10-04-2008 07:46 PM

i named those names because they are controvesial, i could have brought out mike mitchell, or jeff mullins, or jamie ness, or lynn scace, or stifano, or rigateri, or doug o'neil, or todd pletcher.

everyone of the above pushes as far as they can. they all get suspensions, they pay and sit it out. that is the way racing is. the point of my post is that if you get rid of all these guys, you have no game.

i suggested the ways to change the game, and if someone doesn't abide by the rules, they get ruled off for life.

i know its not comical, but i do know some of these guys, and beleive me they do as good a job as there is to do. they all treat there horses as best as they can. the problem is, they all happen to be winners, and sometimes people get jealous because they win.

i want to tell you, dick dutrow is one great human being. he is an example of someone that was down and out and came back in our great country.
he has always been nice to me.

the asmussen family is as good as it gets. they treat me fine too, even though we are competitors in the horse sales.

i am not naiieve about what goes on.

if you want to know whats worse is when a trainer tells his client he has a good horse knowing the horse is awful. or the trainer holds the horse and compromises the horse's chances in a race. or the trainer sends in fake vet bills, and chiropractic or accupuncture bills. all that stuff happens.

and how about the trainers that take their clients to the sales and have their hands out from the consigners for kickbacks. i know of some big name trainers that have done, and maybe still do that to their clients.

the guys i mentioned all try to win every race they are in.