Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What do you do with a horse like this. TAMPA BAY DOWNS (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143094)

gabe 01-31-2018 01:50 PM

What do you do with a horse like this. TAMPA BAY DOWNS

What do we do with a horse like this? Workouts indicate talent is there. Two races in, nothing is shown. Great connections and a weak field. Anyone have a thought on this horse?

https://s14.postimg.org/6fnjqdkc1/new.png

oughtoh 01-31-2018 02:00 PM

If your playing p3 or p4 I would use him. Dropping, streching out and will go to the front. Don't know how much speed is in the race.

VigorsTheGrey 01-31-2018 02:02 PM

He would be a play for me...lot of good angles here...looks like the money run this time or next one...

Racetrack Playa 01-31-2018 02:08 PM

sorry wrong thread,

Gelded, Lasixed ,jky chg ,and for sale, I'm gonna toss him .... Oh my, 4 horse field and Goldophin Blue.. still tossin

jay68802 01-31-2018 02:20 PM

First time Lasix, first time gelding, first time two turns, first time turf, and gets a new pilot. What I call the classic "shake up" horse. Like the breeding. Percentages of connections are higher than the ML %. Addition of Lasix could be explained by the last race. They tried to get to the front in last and that will not be a good idea here. If you are spreading in the race the %'s say to use. As a straight win, not for me. A saver bet, for sure. The fact that the win %'s of the connections are twice that of the ML say use, but lightly.

linrom1 01-31-2018 02:23 PM

Why they would think this horse could even run on turf? But they got lucky, race taken of turf.

jay68802 01-31-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay68802 (Post 2269837)
First time Lasix, first time gelding, first time two turns, first time turf, and gets a new pilot. What I call the classic "shake up" horse. Like the breeding. Percentages of connections are higher than the ML %. Addition of Lasix could be explained by the last race. They tried to get to the front in last and that will not be a good idea here. If you are spreading in the race the %'s say to use. As a straight win, not for me. A saver bet, for sure. The fact that the win %'s of the connections are twice that of the ML say use, but lightly.

Now that I look at the scratches, they have to beat the 3 out of the gate. Wire to wire or nothing. The 3 has not gone that fast and has offered no resistance when passed by others. Add the fact that the 5 can get the lead, another first for the horse and he has a good shot, but you will not get the odds. Odds dictate the play. Small bet as the favorite, mid size at 5-2 - 3-1, if over that I would take at most a $25.00 risk.

Robert Fischer 01-31-2018 03:02 PM

:3: appears to be a 250k purchase who is being discarded. Has an 88 timeformUS early speed figure. However, has been running 9F turf with slow raw-timed paces. There's no guarantee that he'll be the early pace setter. Centeno will want forward.

The pace 'wildcard' is the :1: No 'potential' in the 1, but he's cheap mdn claimer through and through, and Bennett knows the circuit and opted to step this one up in class a bit. He has a timeformUS87 early pace fig, but it figures to translate with more certainty. The :1: is a contender.

:5: does have a million angles going for him. If some 'limiting factors' happen to be offset, he'll win for fun. The scratches here, and the expected disregard of the :1: mean that he'll probably be second choice in a field of four. Not a ton of wiggle room for value.

jay68802 01-31-2018 04:51 PM

The 5 is the low double to the next race, 9-2 double odds with the 6 in the ninth. probably 2-1 or lower win odds. Playing a small Double 6 to the 5 for $10.