Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Why are people so frightened of words? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162513)

PaceAdvantage 01-08-2021 01:56 AM

Why are people so frightened of words?

If I had asked each and every one of you....10 years ago...if you'd want to live in this country knowing that if you didn't think and speak and act in a way a certain segment of the population says you should think and speak and act...and if you don't, not only will you lose the ability to speak and act on certain online platforms...but you'll also lose your job and your ability to provide for yourself and your family...each and every one of you would have responded HELL NO.

But...this is what we have now. And many of the people who would have said HELL NO 10 years ago, are now openly embracing such a country.

Enjoy.

fast4522 01-08-2021 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2691711)
If I had asked each and every one of you....10 years ago...if you'd want to live in this country knowing that if you didn't think and speak and act in a way a certain segment of the population says you should think and speak and act...and if you don't, not only will you lose the ability to speak and act on certain online platforms...but you'll also lose your job and your ability to provide for yourself and your family...each and every one of you would have responded HELL NO.

But...this is what we have now. And many of the people who would have said HELL NO 10 years ago, are now openly embracing such a country.

Enjoy.

In another post you said except Tom of course, here you should have said except me. I would have started talking about the Bilderberg Group, what do you think these platforms are owned by poor boys? Back then I would have railed against the CFR and the old codger in Europe who gets his ring kissed by everyone in the United States who is anyone.

ReplayRandall 01-08-2021 02:12 AM

I'm stronger than they are, I will prevail.

If you're too weak to walk with me, I'll carry you until you regain your strength and courage.

I'm a Patriot, a Warrior of Truth and Light. I never give in or give up, chip and chair....Bring it.

Actor 01-08-2021 05:11 PM

Why are people so frightened of words?

"The pen is mightier than the sword." - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

In the 21st century add the microphone, the camera, and video.

newtothegame 01-08-2021 05:44 PM

Guess Ill be going away from apple products.....

Sean Davis
@seanmdav
BREAKING: Apple is currently threatening to ban Parler -- the free speech alternative to Twitter -- unless the service enacts draconian censorship policies demanded by left-wing Big Tech oligarchs, according to two sources familiar with Apple's threats.

MargieRose 01-08-2021 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReplayRandall (Post 2691716)
I'm stronger than they are, I will prevail.

If you're too weak to walk with me, I'll carry you until you regain your strength and courage.

I'm a Patriot, a Warrior of Truth and Light. I never give in or give up, chip and chair....Bring it.

+ 74 plus million!

Marshall Bennett 01-08-2021 06:20 PM

Hell, if you'd told me ten years ago that men could someday follow little girls into women's restrooms legally, I'd said you were nuts.

vegasone 01-08-2021 06:52 PM

I use both Windows and Apple and don't use twitter or facebook but I would definitely think twice about buying their products if something like that would happen, even if I am not likely to use Parler. Just a way of protesting.

TJDave 01-08-2021 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtothegame (Post 2691913)
Guess Ill be going away from apple products.....

Sean Davis
@seanmdav
BREAKING: Apple is currently threatening to ban Parler -- the free speech alternative to Twitter -- unless the service enacts draconian censorship policies demanded by left-wing Big Tech oligarchs, according to two sources familiar with Apple's threats.

Interesting. How would they actually accomplish that?

newtothegame 01-08-2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave (Post 2691946)
Interesting. How would they actually accomplish that?

Through the apps!!! Google and apple control the app!

newtothegame 01-08-2021 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegasone (Post 2691941)
I use both Windows and Apple and don't use twitter or facebook but I would definitely think twice about buying their products if something like that would happen, even if I am not likely to use Parler. Just a way of protesting.

Totally agree..... It's not about left or right to me. Its ABOUT FREE SPEECH!

You see, there can be no opposition or it will be suppressed! Funny how the left screams about voter suppression but wishes to suppress free speech!:puke::puke:

TJDave 01-08-2021 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtothegame (Post 2691953)
Through the apps!!! Google and apple control the app!

You don’t need to use an app to access a social network. Any browser will work. Plus you can browse anonymously.

PaceAdvantage 01-08-2021 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave (Post 2691959)
You don’t need to use an app to access a social network. Any browser will work. Plus you can browse anonymously.

OK, then their web host/domain registrar will just kick them off or delist them from the internet. It's happened before. And I guarantee it will happen to Parler eventually...not that I care anymore...this is what people want...this is what people get.

newtothegame 01-08-2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave (Post 2691959)

I am sure there are several ways to get around it....but thats NOT the point....

Wasn't it the Nazi's, N Korea, China, who BAN ALL OPPOSITION????

I mean Kim Jung seems like a nice guy and all but to win with 100% of the vote..... :bang::lol::lol:

TJDave 01-08-2021 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2691962)
OK, then their web host/domain registrar will just kick them off or delist them from the internet.

EVERY web host? How many do you think that is, worldwide? :eek: