Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Sad News- pktruckdriver has passed (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171442)

Dave Schwartz 07-12-2022 04:37 AM

Sad News- pktruckdriver has passed

One of our own, Patrick Kane - known around here as PKTruckDriver - has died.

My understanding is that he died from "numerous medical ailments" but mostly a blood infection.

PK was a long-time PA member and a dear friend of mine.

We - the brotherhood here on PA - did a fund raiser some years ago for PK when he was in a hospital recovering from an operation and was in dire straights.

In recent years he received a very large settlement from a trucking accident. That, and relocating to Guatemala to live with his sister, enabled him to live a quiet, peaceful life.

He'd actually earned quite a bit of money with his investments.

I, for one, will miss him.

MJC922 07-12-2022 05:13 AM

RIP. Sorry to hear about this. My stepdad died a few of months ago from similar as did my grandmother about a month ago. If I recall PK he went way back to when some of us were on usenet.

PaceAdvantage 07-12-2022 09:10 AM

Very sorry to read this Dave.

Patrick was quite the character around here for a good long while, but in the end, he was just a guy searching for a better way through this life despite the obstacles thrown his way (some self-imposed), much like the rest of us.

I think most here (including me), were always rooting for him no matter what.

I'm glad he found some peace and quiet in his later years, but am saddened to read he suffered once again, at the very end.

Rest in peace now Patrick.

Andy Asaro 07-12-2022 09:13 AM

Condolences. RIP

woodbinepmi 07-12-2022 09:29 AM

Prayers to his family

CheckMark 07-12-2022 09:41 AM

So sorry for your loss Dave prayers for you and his family at this time

Rest in peace Patrick never knew you personally but you seemed like a great guy to be around no matter what life was throwing at you

cj 07-12-2022 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2816684)
Very sorry to read this Dave.

Patrick was quite the character around here for a good long while, but in the end, he was just a guy searching for a better way through this life despite the obstacles thrown his way (some self-imposed), much like the rest of us.

I think most here (including me), were always rooting for him no matter what.

I'm glad he found some peace and quiet in his later years, but am saddened to read he suffered once again, at the very end.

Rest in peace now Patrick.

Well said. I met him at Saratoga and he couldn't have been a nicer guy. RIP big guy.

Tom 07-12-2022 11:35 AM

I'm am saddened by this news. Patrick was a great guy.
He came to Finger Lakes and spent a day with me and we had a really good time.
Like CJ said, nicest guy you ever met.

:rip: mt friend.

wisconsin 07-12-2022 12:31 PM

Wow, just sad. I was fortunate to meet up with him (and others) at Arlington. He is missed.

Ted Craven 07-12-2022 02:23 PM

Sorry to hear that Dave. I remember that fundraiser for Patrick. He came to a number of our Sartin meetups at Saratoga and elsewhere. Generally a goodhearted and generous guy, for sure.

Glad to hear he found the peace he was seeking in his later years, and thanks Dave for staying in touch with him.

Here is a photo he posted from 2011 where he participated as a Saratoga backstretch volunteer (big guy, lower right):

http://paceandcap.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1314759366

Actually, that 2011 Saratoga PaceandCap & PaceAdvantage Toga party combo meetup was one of the high-points of my Saratoga recollections. More photos of Patrick, and also several other PA members including Dave, 46zilzal, Al (?) and others.

Keep on truckin' down the road, my old friend, and thanks for the memories!

Ted

illinoisbred 07-12-2022 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wisconsin (Post 2816718)
Wow, just sad. I was fortunate to meet up with him (and others) at Arlington. He is missed.

Same here. I too met him at a couple of the PA get-togethers. He even went to the after-the-races dinner one year. He was a good guy.

Zydeco 07-12-2022 07:14 PM

I remember him posting here....RIP truck driver.

JustRalph 07-12-2022 07:31 PM

Ted, thanks for posting that pic. He was an interesting guy for sure.

Thank you Dave for the info.

Ted, hope you are well!

Ted Craven 07-12-2022 09:25 PM

Ralph, thinking about Patrick today caused me to delve into my old cache of 'Toga photos - found a few of you as well, I think from that same year 2011? Our old friend is helping stimulate some fond memories, for which I am grateful.

Ted

46zilzal 07-12-2022 11:31 PM

Sorry to hear that. He was honest in his difficulties at first understanding the use of pace....Seemed like a nice fello with a bit of hard luck in his corner.

Driving a TRUCK is a very hard career, little sleep, bounced one's kidneys to death, bad food, LONG LONG hours. and if you were an owner/operator, it ws hard to make those HUGE truck payments, especially in the winter.

When I used to work for Allied and United Van Lines over the summer to earn tuition money, guys would go out to a job with us, climb up in the sleeper with the insructions to wake him when we had unloaded and set up the houshold.