Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - Sports (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   back to back extra inning losses (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170348)

lamboguy 04-30-2022 10:20 PM

back to back extra inning losses

the Red Sox just lost their 2nd straight extra-inning game. i remember a guy that used to wait for this event to happen and he used to bet against the team that lost the 2 in a row until they finally won a game. he told me that he has caught major losing streaks that way. i just felt like pointing this out.

dnlgfnk 04-30-2022 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2801662)
the Red Sox just lost their 2nd straight extra-inning game. i remember a guy that used to wait for this event to happen and he used to bet against the team that lost the 2 in a row until they finally won a game. he told me that he has caught major losing streaks that way. i just felt like pointing this out.

Isn't that the gambler's fallacy?

Inner Dirt 05-01-2022 01:03 PM

I could not imagine how anyone could beat baseball betting game to game day in and out. Unless of course they had inside information.

lamboguy 05-01-2022 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Dirt (Post 2801728)
I could not imagine how anyone could beat baseball betting game to game day in and out. Unless of course they had inside information.

not that i can do it these days, but the only way to beat sports is to beat the person putting out the line with the injuries and lineups before the rest of the world know them.

lamboguy 05-01-2022 11:22 PM

first game after was a beautiful Red Sox loss...same ber against for the next game.. keep betting until they win 1

sharkey11 05-02-2022 07:15 PM

makes a lot of sense lambo the team is already on a 2 gm losing strk .but will it make any dollars :pound:

lamboguy 05-02-2022 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkey11 (Post 2801947)
makes a lot of sense lambo the team is already on a 2 gm losing strk .but will it make any dollars :pound:

you bet against the team until they win a game. and keep looking for others to come up.the system might come up 4 or 5 times a year

sharkey11 05-02-2022 08:10 PM

yep nice spot play i had a play for the nba but i havent bet that league in 13 yrs see a team score 75 points or less bet on em next gm like yours very few plays per season :ThmbUp:

Inner Dirt 05-03-2022 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkey11 (Post 2801959)
yep nice spot play i had a play for the nba but i havent bet that league in 13 yrs see a team score 75 points or less bet on em next gm like yours very few plays per season :ThmbUp:

How often does that come up? I would think the way the game is officiated and played now 75 or under would be very, very rare.

Thomas Roulston 05-09-2022 07:17 AM

A more lucrative "theory" of this sort is to bet against any team that got no-hit in their last game.

Earl Weaver trudged up some stat about how bad such teams did in their next game to justify having the Orioles bunt to try and break up a no-hitter if necessary.