Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Biden is killing us w gas prices (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165637)

JustRalph 07-09-2021 05:58 AM

Biden is killing us w gas prices

Up 40%

If he raised taxes 40% the little guy would scream…….

But liberals don’t care about hidden taxes and the little guy

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/20...-biden-n401114

“ We are at the mercy of OPEC again. Budget accordingly. Thanks, Joe.”

mostpost 07-09-2021 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2736327)
Up 40%

If he raised taxes 40% the little guy would scream…….

But liberals don’t care about hidden taxes and the little guy

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/20...-biden-n401114

“ We are at the mercy of OPEC again. Budget accordingly. Thanks, Joe.”

I think Hot Air is an extremely accurate name for that website because that is what they are full of.

The spike in gas prices is being caused by:
One. The surge in demand as the country opens up from the pandemic. (The law of supply and demand-ever hear of it.)
Two. The unseasonable cold that shut down Texas refineries for weeks earlier this year-they still aren’t running 100%
Three. The ransom ware attack and shutdown of the Colonial pipeline-we haven’t recovered from that either.
Four. The switch over to the more expensive summer blend.

It was not caused by canceling construction of the Keystone pipeline, because how can canceling anything that is not in operation affect anything.

Marshall Bennett 07-09-2021 06:53 PM

We actually have a surplus inventory of crude oil...so once again I think you're full of shit, as usual.
The hike in prices at the pump isn't due to a supply problem or the Texas winter...its mostly due to the trillions Biden is throwing away elsewhere. A need for the treasury's accountability has to rear its ugly head somewhere, and since your guys hate fossil fuels so much, why not start there.
Just wait till the grocery store shelves start going bare...save some of your whining and bullshit for that event, Mosty.

PaceAdvantage 07-09-2021 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mostpost (Post 2736443)
I think Hot Air is an extremely accurate name for that website because that is what they are full of.

One. The surge in demand as the country opens up from the pandemic. (The law of supply and demand-ever hear of it.)
Two. The unseasonable cold that shut down Texas refineries for weeks earlier this year-they still aren’t running 100%
Three. The ransom ware attack and shutdown of the Colonial pipeline-we haven’t recovered from that either.

It was not caused by canceling construction of the Keystone pipeline, because how can canceling anything that is not in operation affect anything.

Actually, it was caused by the election of Joe Biden.

Prove me wrong.

Zydeco 07-09-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mostpost (Post 2736443)

This is so funny! Mosty,,,you need to do a stand up comedy act.....I would come and see you and pay the 2 drink minimum..lol

mostpost 07-09-2021 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett (Post 2736539)
We actually have a surplus inventory of crude oil...so once again I think you're full of shit, as usual.
The hike in prices at the pump isn't due to a supply problem or the Texas winter...its mostly due to the trillions Biden is throwing away elsewhere. A need for the treasury's accountability has to rear its ugly head somewhere, and since your guys hate fossil fuels so much, why not start there.
Just wait till the grocery store shelves start going bare...save some of your whining and bullshit for that event, Mosty.

We’re not talking about crude oil. We’re talking about refined gasoline. Texas refineries were off line for weeks following the record cold snap some of them are still not running anywhere near capacity. Add that to the hack of the Colonial pipeline which caused massive shortages in the south and East.

By the way, if we do indeed have a surplus of crude oil, isn’t that proof that canceling the Keystone pipeline had no effect on crude oil supplies.
Shortage of refined gasoline at the pumps + increased demand due to the end of the shutdown = soaring gas prices.

My grocery store shelves are full as can be. In fact they are much better stocked than last summer or fall.

mostpost 07-09-2021 09:38 PM

[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage;2736549]Actually, it was caused by the election of Joe Biden.

Prove me wrong.[/https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/joe-biden-reason-we-have-high-gas-prices-186656

https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/2...-increase.html

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...-bidens-fault/

Post hoc ergo propter hoc. That means, just because something happens after something else does not mean the second was caused by the first. It’s a logical fallacy.

mostpost 07-09-2021 09:50 PM

Every legitimate story on this subject says exactly what I have been saying. Every story from the right wing echo chamber blames Biden.

mostpost 07-09-2021 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zydeco (Post 2736582)
This is so funny! Mosty,,,you need to do a stand up comedy act.....I would come and see you and pay the 2 drink minimum..lol

Thank you for an idiotic post that contributes nothing to the discussion. On the other hand I can think of a lot of standup comics who have contributed greatly on social issues; George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmell etc.

davew 07-09-2021 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mostpost (Post 2736610)
Every legitimate story on this subject says exactly what I have been saying. Every story from the right wing echo chamber blames Biden.

so you are saying if they agree with you they are legitimate and if they blame Biden they are from a right wing echo chamber?

ReplayRandall 07-09-2021 09:57 PM

I Agree with Mosty-- Hell has Frozen Over

Quote:

Originally Posted by mostpost (Post 2736613)
I can think of a lot of standup comics who have contributed greatly on social issues; George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmell etc.

I'll agree with you on George Carlin...I knew this day would finally come.

mostpost 07-09-2021 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew (Post 2736614)
so you are saying if they agree with you they are legitimate and if they blame Biden they are from a right wing echo chamber?

No, I’m saying that I agree with the ones who are legitimate and disagree with the ones from the right wing echo chamber.

PaceAdvantage 07-10-2021 03:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mostpost (Post 2736607)
Post hoc ergo propter hoc. That means, just because something happens after something else does not mean the second was caused by the first. It’s a logical fallacy.

Look at the attached chart of the last 60 months of average US RETAIL GASOLINE PRICES.

LOOK AT THE PARABOLIC RISE IN PRICES THAT STARTED JUST AFTER THE ELECTION OF 2020 when JOE BIDEN WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT.

Gas prices started going up LIKE A ROCKET almost to the MINUTE that Joe Biden was elected president of the United States of America.

Nice, right?

ALSO NOTE THAT GAS PRICES STARTED FALLING in MAY 2019 (right before the START OF THE SUMMER SEASON???? THANK YOU TRUMP)...AND WELL BEFORE COVID.

I laugh at your cuckness.

PaceAdvantage 07-10-2021 03:42 PM

Also note in the above graph that we have gone past the high of the past 60 months...and we are no doubt heading higher.

While the easing of COVID contributes somewhat to a rise in prices, there are OTHER FORCES IN PLAY AS WELL.

Biden and the energy policies of DEMOCRATS are obviously a heavy influence...more so then COVID...if not, prices would NOT be making BRAND NEW HIGHS over the past FIVE YEARS.

Karakorum Kabbage 07-10-2021 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2736749)
Gas prices started going up LIKE A ROCKET almost to the MINUTE that Joe Biden was elected president of the United States of America.

Nice, right?

LOL

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nd/5253346001/