Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   and its onto the.... Haskell? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145371)

PowerUpPaynter 06-09-2018 10:53 PM

and its onto the.... Haskell?

Where does Justify go from here? Haskell, Travers, BC Classic, retirement?

minethatbird08 06-09-2018 10:57 PM

Baffert always seems to go Haskell with his A horse, plus there is a bonus for a winner of a TC race, or used to be.

I would love to see him in the Travers but could see them choosing a different spot before the BC.

1GCFAN 06-09-2018 11:06 PM

$150K bonus fir trainer and $150K bonus for owners if PA Derby.

PowerUpPaynter 06-09-2018 11:11 PM

The Haskell is the most likely landing spot in my opinion, then maybe the Travers. But if I was the connections id stay away from the Travers, its the graveyard of champions for a reason and id try to finish this out undefeated. And not from a all time historical standpoint but from a here and now stand point I view the Haskell as a more prestigious race than the Travers.

Robert Fischer 06-09-2018 11:38 PM

was looking like retirement with an open-door for the Classic.

But his hoof held together and his condition improved more than expected after the Preakness.

Who knows? I'm sure they'll go over him with a fine-tooth comb and figure out of if Haskell/Travers are now back on the plan.

clicknow 06-10-2018 02:29 AM

He's run 6 tough races in a relatively short period of time.

Hope he gets a little R&R.

I'd like to see him and Gronk in the Travers, and then in the BC Classic.

Redboard 06-10-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1GCFAN (Post 2327407)
$150K bonus fir trainer and $150K bonus for owners if PA Derby.

I thought they did away with that incentive, now that the PA Derby is a G1.

whisperlunch 06-10-2018 09:16 PM

Tracks are gonna really increase money to get him. I suspect travers or pacific classic. Then breeders

Will he go to Pegasus or retire?

cj 06-10-2018 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whisperlunch (Post 2327915)
Tracks are gonna really increase money to get him. I suspect travers or pacific classic. Then breeders

Will he go to Pegasus or retire?

I guess we'll see if there is a Pegasus this year. If so doubt it will be in the same format.

jocko699 06-10-2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2327919)
I guess we'll see if there is a Pegasus this year. If so doubt it will be in the same format.

I agree. I dislike the Pegasus in it's current form.

GMB@BP 06-10-2018 10:09 PM

The Haskell is only 51 days from now, feels a bit quick honestly. If they let him down 3 weeks that would live 30 days to get ready, not so sure. I late August race makes more sense, the question would be rather face older horses at Del Mar or 3YO's at Saratoga.

dilanesp 06-11-2018 10:23 AM

FWIW Baffert said either the Travers or Pacific Classic, if he runs again.

1GCFAN 06-11-2018 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redboard (Post 2327816)
I thought they did away with that incentive, now that the PA Derby is a G1.

It was mentioned by the PARX guest on Dave Johnson's Down The Stretch last Saturday.

I think the owners will want to go to the Travers to prove it again to the East Coast doubters.

clicknow 06-13-2018 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2328021)
FWIW Baffert said either the Travers or Pacific Classic, if he runs again.

did he actually say "if he runs again" or is that just editorial?

He needs to run, although who knows by that time what racegoers will think/feel.

According to DRF: "Handle for the Belmont Stakes this year, despite ideal weather, was $3 million less than American Pharoah’s Belmont, and $10.6 million lower than California Chrome’s. Television ratings for the race dipped 33 percent compared with the 2015 broadcast, and dropped 37 percent compared to the 2014 broadcast, according to figures released by NBC, the Triple Crown’s longtime broadcaster..."

GMB@BP 06-14-2018 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clicknow (Post 2329025)
did he actually say "if he runs again" or is that just editorial?

He needs to run, although who knows by that time what racegoers will think/feel.

According to DRF: "Handle for the Belmont Stakes this year, despite ideal weather, was $3 million less than American Pharoah’s Belmont, and $10.6 million lower than California Chrome’s. Television ratings for the race dipped 33 percent compared with the 2015 broadcast, and dropped 37 percent compared to the 2014 broadcast, according to figures released by NBC, the Triple Crown’s longtime broadcaster..."

I said back when it happened from a wagering and television standpoint AP winning the TC would certainly lead to declines in both. I am not sure why anyone would surprised.