Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Harness Racing (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Betting in Canada Question (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177246)

tamaharbor 07-08-2023 07:43 PM

Betting in Canada Question

When I bet Canadian racetracks from the United States, I use US dollars. The payoffs that are shown in the results charts (and the payoffs that I receive) are also apparently in US dollars.

I will be headed to a few racetracks in Canada next month (Century Downs, The Track on 2, and Assiniboia Downs). Will I need to bet using US or Canadian dollars when on site in Canada?

Ahorsewithnoname 07-08-2023 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamaharbor (Post 2888769)
When I bet Canadian racetracks from the United States, I use US dollars. The payoffs that are shown in the results charts (and the payoffs that I receive) are also apparently in US dollars.

I will be headed to a few racetracks in Canada next month (Century Downs, The Track on 2, and Assiniboia Downs). Will I need to bet using US or Canadian dollars when on site in Canada?

Canadian

tamaharbor 07-08-2023 08:24 PM

Thanks! That was probably a dumb question, thank you for not laughing.

ucancallmemrlucky 07-08-2023 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahorsewithnoname (Post 2888776)
Canadian

You are correct sir! :ThmbUp:

Frost king 07-08-2023 11:25 PM

And remember, it does not matter how big of a ticket you cash. You put all the money in your pocket, and don’t need to sign for it or report it to anybody.

CheckMark 07-10-2023 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamaharbor (Post 2888769)

Too bad you weren't going to Fort Erie, as they do dual currency.

You can bet with both US and Canadian dollars there. And you can exchange US for Canadian I believe too.

Good luck and welcome to the Great White North!