Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   JOSE ORTIZ-RACE 1 AQU 12/1/16 (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134923)

EMD4ME 12-01-2016 12:22 PM

JOSE ORTIZ-RACE 1 AQU 12/1/16

WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT????????????????????????????????

EMD4ME 12-01-2016 12:33 PM

I watched the replay before commenting.

That horse did not take a bad step, lose stride and then get eased.

He stopped riding, horse eased up, went to wrong lead, in that order.

I am 99% sure that's what happened.

I still would like to watch a slo mo replay, pan and head, before I say 100%.

Regardless......if the horse was "off" what the heck are you DOING NOT EASING HIM FOR THE NEXT 1/8????????????

Then start riding again, to make up 6 LENGTHS in the last 1/16????????

Looks and smells terrible.

Robert Fischer 12-01-2016 12:49 PM

You could be correct. :ThmbUp:

I can't tell. I thought the horse wasn't responding to him on the turn and he may have been on his way to getting ground up inside.
Ortiz eased him back outside entering the stretch, and when he was back on stride commenced a hard drive.
Maybe that's just my own confirmation bias speaking.

Maybe you are correct and continuing a hard drive through that turn would have resulted in a better performance? Maybe the closing kick was a function of being eased out?

Tough call for me. I was just happy hustled up for 2nd for my exacta wagers.

EMD4ME 12-01-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
You could be correct. :ThmbUp:

I can't tell. I thought the horse wasn't responding to him on the turn and he may have been on his way to getting ground up inside.
Ortiz eased him back outside entering the stretch, and when he was back on stride commenced a hard drive.
Maybe that's just my own confirmation bias speaking.

Maybe you are correct and continuing a hard drive through that turn would have resulted in a better performance? Maybe the closing kick was a function of being eased out?

Tough call for me. I was just happy hustled up for 2nd for my exacta wagers.

That horse was off slow, driven to get into a chasing garden spot (as opposed to a rating garden spot) off 2 duelers. Horse was being driven and gaining well from 1/2 to the spot of incident (1/4). There is ZERO doubt in my mind that if he keeps driving, he blows by the 1 and 3 and wins by 5-8 lengths.

That horse had stamina and enough bottom, to chase hard from 1/2, then ease up, lose 7-8 Lengths and then regain 6-7 when asked again.

Sorry, that ride looks absolutely attrocious.

If I was on track, I'd consider a citizens arrest.

Robert Fischer 12-01-2016 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMD4ME
That horse was off slow, driven to get into a chasing garden spot (as opposed to a rating garden spot) off 2 duelers. Horse was being driven and gaining well from 1/2 to the spot of incident (1/4). There is ZERO doubt in my mind that if he keeps driving, he blows by the 1 and 3 and wins by 5-8 lengths.

That horse had stamina and enough bottom, to chase hard from 1/2, then ease up, lose 7-8 Lengths and then regain 6-7 when asked again.

Sorry, that ride looks absolutely attrocious.

If I was on track, I'd consider a citizens arrest.

:D Fair enough!

He should have even been a juicier price. He took some money, and FTS in general have been (anecdotally) taking a little more money of late.

EMD4ME 12-01-2016 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
:D Fair enough!

He should have even been a juicier price. He took some money, and FTS in general have been (anecdotally) taking a little more money of late.

The whole world will know this trip and will bet back. My experience is don't bet them back next time out. Price will be too short. 3rd or 4th time is the charm after a dull line.

P.S. Although, you never know....The chart caller seems to have mailed it in for this one. Not a single mention of what transpired outside the 1/4 to the 1/16.

SHOCKER :eek: :rolleyes:

no breathalyzer 12-01-2016 01:10 PM

:D Like you said its that time of the year... at first glance ( i was half sleeping) it looked suspicious at best

EMD4ME 12-01-2016 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
:D Like you said its that time of the year... at first glance ( i was half sleeping) it looked suspicious at best

It started black friday. I guess shopping needed some fuel.

no breathalyzer 12-01-2016 01:19 PM

could be just me ... but this is the most uninspiring race card i seen in NYRA in a long long time

dilanesp 12-01-2016 02:44 PM

I haven't seen the replay, but your descriptions make it sound like Desormeaux on Big Brown in the Belmont....

EMD4ME 12-01-2016 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp
I haven't seen the replay, but your descriptions make it sound like Desormeaux on Big Brown in the Belmont....

> or =

Lemon Drop Husker 12-01-2016 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMD4ME
WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT????????????????????????????????

Just watched the replay a couple of times.

That is a tough one to swallow if you had the FTSer with Jose on board. Horse was obviously the best today.

Maybe he got scared of the towering 1/4 pole? :faint: Horse never really seemed green for a FTSer type excuse. Pulled up, let out, and then guided masterfully into the only trouble possible in the stretch.

I was initially thinking he might of got spooked by the :5: on his outside, but the reason he was on his outside was the "misstep" or full on stopping by Ortiz after further review. Then he runs on and encounters enough trouble to finish a "beaten" 2nd.

I'll admit that is a pretty shady one that I'd be awfully angry about EMD.

FakeNameChanged 12-01-2016 05:47 PM

Took my $$ as well. I said at the end, he's coming back?(to myself-OTb been dead for weeks).

HuggingTheRail 12-01-2016 06:12 PM

Some are saying he may be the best jockey in the country....

EMD4ME 12-01-2016 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuggingTheRail
Some are saying he may be the best jockey in the country....

Best at guiding the best horse to a loss..