Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   P VAL Cleared to Ride, AGAIN (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17181)

ratpack 01-07-2005 08:09 PM

P VAL Cleared to Ride, AGAIN

P Val was cleared to ride again today.

Here is the link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/rah/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

46zilzal 01-07-2005 09:41 PM

Back in the saddle again

Want to wager how long it will take THIS time?

Steve 'StatMan' 01-07-2005 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46zilzal
Want to wager how long it will take THIS time?

Hard to tell - his last comeback, he didn't get to ride at all (showed up totally shaved). But he's obviously motived to ride again, so I'm guessing it will last at least 1 race :rolleyes:

Observer 01-07-2005 11:38 PM

Did anyone really think he wouldn't be back??? And when does PVal not come back with motivation to ride .. that's not the problem .. the problem is with him following the rules.

Buddha 01-08-2005 09:55 AM

I didnt read the whole story, but isn't it just saying that he can apply for a license? Technically, although it won't happen, couldnt he be denied that license and not be able to ride?

ratpack 01-08-2005 10:03 AM

I have no clue if they could have fought it but according to the article the CHRB upheld the decision by the judge and the Steward said they would give him a licence.

Tom 01-08-2005 10:28 AM

Riding license or driver's license?
In California, they are just itchin' to hand out driver's licenses. :D

JustRalph 01-08-2005 11:13 AM

I bet Corey Black is pretty pissed about right now...............

BillW 01-08-2005 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph
I bet Corey Black is pretty pissed about right now...............

Didn't he pick up another client (and a bug) almost immediately after the P. Val fiasco last year?

JimG 01-08-2005 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillW
Didn't he pick up another client (and a bug) almost immediately after the P. Val fiasco last year?

Bill W,

My recollection is he took the book on Justin Kravitz when he was out there. Unfortunately for Black, Justin did not last in SoCal very long.

JimG 01-08-2005 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratpack
I have no clue if they could have fought it but according to the article the CHRB upheld the decision by the judge and the Steward said they would give him a licence.

Wait until PVal sues for improper removal of his licence and sues for money lost during the 6 month period of this most recent suspension. I know it sounds crazy, but I would guess he will.

DJofSD 01-08-2005 02:13 PM

The interesting thing will be what the other jocks say or do.

It will also be interesting to see how many mounts he gets. Any one giving odds as to whether he has a mount in the KY Derby?

DJofSD

CryingForTheHorses 01-09-2005 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJofSD
The interesting thing will be what the other jocks say or do.

It will also be interesting to see how many mounts he gets. Any one giving odds as to whether he has a mount in the KY Derby?

DJofSD

I dont think P Val really cares what the other jocks think!,Yes he will get mounts and yes he will win races,As for the Kentucky Derby,Who knows, He may steal a mount. This guy is a top notch rider, Just has personal issues, Hopefully he can redeem himself in the publics eye.

ratpack 01-09-2005 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimG
Wait until PVal sues for improper removal of his licence and sues for money lost during the 6 month period of this most recent suspension. I know it sounds crazy, but I would guess he will.

I heard on Inside Racing that they are drawing up a contract for him to abide by, Specificing Drug testing and length of hair. I did not here anything about a law suit on the show but I would guess that part of the contract would be that he will take no legal action.

CryingForTheHorses 01-09-2005 12:24 PM

I think he should adere to a strict probation program, They should be allowed to drug test him at any time and any day, Telling him how long or short his hair has to be will then infringe on his human rights as he hasnt been charged with anything, Reason he was suspended was because he didnt adhere to the rules that would placed upon him at his last riding spell.This man hasnt been charged with any drug ause infractions, To try to rule his life isnt constitutional! For the bettor like you...He will be trying to win as many races to prove himself to you again. I say forget this man's vices and go to the windows as he is probaly the greatest rider in the irons today!