Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Jessica Paquette calling Parx (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173397)

Brisk Urging 11-15-2022 04:30 PM

Jessica Paquette calling Parx

Was awful.Only in racing do you get hire for a position you're not qualified for.

Everyone on twitter giving her kudos was laughable.

Honestly it was listening to a young female Grunder

Felt like she was calling horses from another track..

BarchCapper 11-15-2022 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisk Urging (Post 2841566)
Was awful.Only in racing do you get hire for a position you're not qualified for.

Everyone on twitter giving her kudos was laughable.

Honestly it was listening to a young female Grunder

Felt like she was calling horses from another track..

Classy. Glad I wasn't judged for my qualifications based on my first day's performance at any of my positions. And glad I didn't judge those I hired the same way.

You can practice, but the first time you're in the booth you're actually calling from and learning the angles and tough spots - it's different.

Brisk Urging 11-15-2022 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarchCapper (Post 2841570)
Classy. Glad I wasn't judged for my qualifications based on my first day's performance at any of my positions. And glad I didn't judge those I hired the same way.

You can practice, but the first time you're in the booth you're actually calling from and learning the angles and tough spots - it's different.

Wrona,Larry dont have job

BarchCapper 11-15-2022 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisk Urging (Post 2841572)
Wrona,Larry dont have job

Wrona's been the Los Al guy for a while. It's mostly a 2 night a week gig except for double duty on the T-bred meets, but it is year round and in pleasant SoCal.

Larry's doing the Del Mar fall gig starting this weekend - he probably could have had the whole meet, but he apparently chose to be on post BC vacation in Turks & Caicos instead - that's his prerogative. It's an interesting choice nonetheless, especially for someone you'd think would be considered for the full-time gig when Trevor actually retires (if he hasn't already).

So for Wrona, the move would at best be lateral. For Collmus, it would probably be considered a step down.

I'm ok with some fresh voices in the booth and with giving them some time to get good.

Tom 11-15-2022 05:17 PM

Is she full time now?

Inner Dirt 11-15-2022 05:22 PM

It should be mandatory here to post a link when complaining about a race caller, jockey's ride or a steward decision.

BarchCapper 11-15-2022 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2841584)
Is she full time now?

Yes. Announcement came after Chris Griffin was named for Aqueduct winter and Monmouth summer meets.

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.co...ack-announcer/

Griffin is "hanging around" doing paddock stuff, etc. for a little bit before he starts his Aqueduct gig.

Sheffwed 11-15-2022 05:24 PM

Jess will be fine

Give her time

Parx racing is, however, terrible

BarchCapper 11-15-2022 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Dirt (Post 2841585)
It should be mandatory here to post a link when complaining about a race caller, jockey's ride or a steward decision.

She'll be the first to admit she had a couple of rough ones today.

cj 11-15-2022 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Dirt (Post 2841585)

If only posting replays was that simple.

Inner Dirt 11-15-2022 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2841601)
If only posting replays was that simple.

I definitely don't have posting videos down and I don't know why. Sometimes the video shows, sometimes just the link. I always figured the inconsistency was caused by having lousy slow internet. I think I am doing it the same way every time, maybe not.

PaceAdvantage 11-15-2022 06:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)

This is what works (attached):

the "v=" and the code following it (I believe it is always 11 characters following the "v=") are vital...if you see an ampersand in that code, STOP RIGHT THERE and don't include the ampersand or anything to the RIGHT of it...and you'll always be good

so TLDR; the link to a YouTube video must only include the "v=" and the 11 characters that follow, nothing additional

davew 11-15-2022 06:24 PM

here is a link to Parx racing replays - today 11/15

she didn't do terrible for first day, but reminds me of some greyhound callers

https://www.parxracing.com/parxracingreplays.php

Inner Dirt 11-15-2022 06:47 PM

Tough crowd, it was her first day. She seemed to improve as the day wore on.

horsefan2019 11-15-2022 07:20 PM

Rough crowd, when I heard her call it sounded like she was new to the job. Obvious first day jitters, but she'll get better once she gets it down.