Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Harness Racing (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Time between races (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163481)

Ray2000 03-06-2021 06:49 AM

Time between races

If the tracks would try their best for 5 races an hour, 12 mins between starts, ....how would this effect your total dollars wager on the card?

lefty359 03-09-2021 05:32 PM

I wouldn't like it. I go to the racebook and get the scratches and handicap here using 2to3 software prgms. Sometimes there are lines as they don't separate sports bettors from race bettors, so I would hate to see this happen.

Postime 03-09-2021 06:40 PM

TB's will always be here, Harness racing is slowly headed back to the County Fair for which it came. The game needs to speed up, 12 minutes is plenty of time to wager before we all dose off.

grant miller 03-12-2021 03:48 AM

what bugs me, whhen its 0 mtp-that means mabey 5 minites later they will go to the gate:confused:

CEO of Gambling 03-16-2021 12:32 PM

Yes, 12 minutes is plenty of time to wager. I think it is too long of a wait to keep people interested for the entire card.

Zman179 03-16-2021 06:58 PM

I wouldn’t like it simply because it would make it impossible to properly handicap races without rushing decisions. Also multi-race wagers would be a complete crapshoot without handicapping in advance. I think 19 minutes between races, with no drag and a fixed post time, would be good to maintain.

Postime 03-16-2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zman179 (Post 2708099)
I wouldn’t like it simply because it would make it impossible to properly handicap races without rushing decisions. Also multi-race wagers would be a complete crapshoot without handicapping in advance. I think 19 minutes between races, with no drag and a fixed post time, would be good to maintain.

No doubt this will require some advance handicapping, changes must be made, even the NFL has made changes to shorten game length to keep people engaged.

camluck49 03-18-2021 09:44 AM

Do people not handicap at all before going to the track? I am 61 years old. I remember when you would handicap race by race at the track. Even before the availability of on line programs. I would always try to get a program for the next day before i left the track. I dont buy a paper program anymore. I handicap the whole card days in advance. Then i will adjust picks at the track if needed. 12 to 15 minutes is more than enough time for me.

Ray2000 03-18-2021 01:05 PM

I'm strickly a Harness player. It looks like to me that flat or T-Bred handicapping would take a lot more time, considering different distances, larger fields and track surfaces.

Am I correct?