Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   i love Justify, but he is a big time bet against on Belmont day (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144969)

Fightingirish51195 05-19-2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jahura2 (Post 2318998)
Win or lose, Justify will at least bring attention to our sport even if its only for 3 weeks. Bound to get some new customers out of that.

Absolutely, I didn’t want justify to win today, but atleast the Belmont is a lot more exciting now

SharpCat 05-19-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2318997)
Smith said post race the horse was tiring. Baffert said he would only run in the Belmont if the preparation goes well.

Read the tea leaves here....

Mike said it was a combination of Justify getting a little tired and waiting on horses. Mike said he thinks Justify could improve off this effort.

I think any trainer would say what Baffert said.

clicknow 05-19-2018 07:38 PM

Jeez, Justify JUST WON the Preakness and already w/in 2 seconds somebody has the snatch "the treat" right outs of his mouth. :D

(My dog wouldn't like that if you did that to him. :lol: He's a gentle Lab, but he might bite you for that)

dilanesp 05-19-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharpCat (Post 2319000)
Mike said it was a combination of Justify getting a little tired and waiting on horses. Mike said he thinks Justify could improve off this effort.

I think any trainer would say what Baffert said.

Statements against interest are more believable.

Smith's admission that the horse was tired was the honest part of the statement.

dilanesp 05-19-2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clicknow (Post 2319001)
Jeez, Justify JUST WON the Preakness and already w/in 2 seconds somebody has the snatch "the treat" right outs of his mouth. :D

(My dog wouldn't like that if you did that to him. :lol: He's a gentle Lab, but he might bite you for that)

This is a handicapping board.

clicknow 05-19-2018 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fightingirish51195 (Post 2318996)
I don’t think he’s got the foundation to win the grueling test that is the Belmont.

I'll agree with this.

I wonder if Solomini will go in the Belmont? That one seems like he could run all day if he could get his act together, but he would probably have to run in a vacuum.

BCOURTNEY 05-19-2018 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandy (Post 2318978)
I'm sure some people who bet Good Magic will complain but I'm glad Ortiz tested Justify, it made the race exciting. It was the only chance he had to beat him because no one else could run with Justify early.

Agreed, did Good Magic win it for the others? This a legitimate question before the touting starts.. Final times say we have a nice field for the Belmont regardless..

RunForTheRoses 05-19-2018 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2319004)
This is a handicapping board.

I agree but it was GD goop and he was outside the whole time (what is that on TG) against a very good horse. IF he can rest enough in 3 weeks he can do it. #BetterthanParoah

metro 05-19-2018 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2318997)
Smith said post race the horse was tiring. Baffert said he would only run in the Belmont if the preparation goes well.

Read the tea leaves here....

imo track seemed more tiring for Preakness than the other races on the card, (maybe something to do with the hour between races). Pace slower than Sir Barton yet closers still figured prominently, Lone Sailor made up something like 8 lengths on Justify from KYD to today??

clicknow 05-19-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMB@BP (Post 2318989)
I would like to see a race where he can set the pace rather than dueling.

Horse who wins KY Derby has target on back, Lukas threatened to send, so did Brown.

I give credit to GM for "being able to do it". Wasn't sure his strategy "run it like a match race" was a good strategy on Brown's part

SharpCat 05-19-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clicknow (Post 2319011)
Horse who wins KY Derby has target on back, Lukas threatened to send, so did Brown.

I give credit to GM for "being able to do it". Wasn't sure his strategy "run it like a match race" was a good strategy on Brown's part

Bad strategy in my opinion. I think the better option would have been to let Justify clear and then engage him on the outside.

dilanesp 05-19-2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metro (Post 2319009)
imo track seemed more tiring for Preakness than the other races on the card, (maybe something to do with the hour between races). Pace slower than Sir Barton yet closers still figured prominently, Lone Sailor made up something like 8 lengths on Justify from KYD to today??

It's not just LS. 4 horses very close to Justify. That is very meaningful.

Fightingirish51195 05-19-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharpCat (Post 2319015)
Bad strategy in my opinion. I think the better option would have been to let Justify clear and then engage him on the outside.

If they did that, not sure anyone would’ve touched him. Why did justify tire at the end? Is he just tiring through the triple crown process? Or was it the battle he was engaged in.

dilanesp 05-19-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharpCat (Post 2319015)

You probably thought Desormeaux should have gone wide with Exaggerator on the off track 3 years ago....

SharpCat 05-19-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2319018)
You probably thought Desormeaux should have gone wide with Exaggerator on the off track 3 years ago....

Not sure about 3 years ago but today I would much rather be on the outside in a match race scenario.