Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   MTR race8 Aug8...Fix is in! (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146599)

Redhook206 08-09-2018 03:55 PM

MTR race8 Aug8...Fix is in!

Has anybody here seen this race from last night? Race8, Aug.8, Mountaineer. It's incredible! Bridge jumper on 1-9, gate opens, horse goes up to 4-5. Wrangled back the whole way. Gotta see it. I wish I could post it here.

WP1981 08-09-2018 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redhook206 (Post 2353383)
Has anybody here seen this race from last night? Race8, Aug.8, Mountaineer. It's incredible! Bridge jumper on 1-9, gate opens, horse goes up to 4-5. Wrangled back the whole way. Gotta see it. I wish I could post it here.

Big buzz about this on the twitters. Equal buzz about Saratoga running a race yesterday at the wrong distance.

Elkchester Road 08-09-2018 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redhook206 (Post 2353383)

Saw this race last night. Weird from start to finish. Question is...how does word get to the jockey to rip the horse's face off??? in a sick way...fascinating.

Peter Berry 08-09-2018 11:37 PM

Rider’s explanation @peterberry57.

cj 08-09-2018 11:40 PM

Fox 08-10-2018 12:01 AM

Probably should have put "was" instead of "is"

jimmyb 08-10-2018 12:07 AM

Lots of questionables. Oliveros is too good a rider to lose control like that... the shift in odds ... Time to give Mountaineer a wide berth.

kevb 08-10-2018 12:36 AM

i hope the jock made enough off of this race to retire, because he deserves a lifetime ban.

AltonKelsey 08-10-2018 01:41 AM

If they gave him all the money in all the pools, he couldn't retire from it.

kevb 08-10-2018 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AltonKelsey (Post 2353637)
If they gave him all the money in all the pools, he couldn't retire from it.

Right. He's not too smart. He jeopardized his livelihood for peanuts.

Tom 08-10-2018 11:46 AM

That looked a lot like the ride the harness driver gave in a Rodney Dangerfield movie!

PaceAdvantage 08-10-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2353589)

This video wasn't good enough quality to see much of anything concerning the rider's actions. I couldn't make out any severe actions by the jockey early on. He was pushing on the horse right after the break, watch Oliveros' hands, he didn't break with a hammerlock on...there was no response from the horse...just went backwards.

I'm not going to be so quick to jump all over the jock. Strange things happen in this game...they are four-legged animals these guys are riding - at MNR no less.

People need to stop throwing out severe allegations as the basis for everything these days.

cj 08-10-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2353714)
This video wasn't good enough quality to see much of anything concerning the rider's actions. I couldn't make out any severe actions by the jockey early on. He was pushing on the horse right after the break, watch Oliveros' hands, he didn't break with a hammerlock on...there was no response from the horse...just went backwards.

I'm not going to be so quick to jump all over the jock. Strange things happen in this game...they are four-legged animals these guys are riding - at MNR no less.

People need to stop throwing out severe allegations as the basis for everything these days.

There wasn't a lot to see on the head on either so I didn't post it. I agree with you. To my eye it did look like the horse was getting out. Per the rider's explanation, it would be nice to hear why this workout isn't listed.

jimmyb 08-10-2018 12:22 PM

The horse loaded uneventful and calm going into the gate. Horse was calm in the gate. Horse didn't appear rank while being shuffled back or going into the turn. Look at the :7: past performances and see the horse is normally pressing the pace. 1/9 going into the gate, 4/5 after the gates open.

Peter Berry was astonished as well. Oliveros explanation is laughable.

cj 08-10-2018 12:29 PM

This is a fix (that didn't work!)

Are these idiots in jail yet by the way?