Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Checking In (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145163)

ArlJim78 05-30-2018 09:50 PM

Checking In

1 Attachment(s)
Hey all, I've been awol from PA for some time.
Frankly got burned out on racing, also politics.
Then I started into weight loss, nutrition, diet, exercise, and well I've changed a lot in the past two years as you can see below.
I'm an avid runner now and have lost close to 190 pounds from my peak.
Back to a weight I haven't seen since a junior in high school, and feeling better than ever too.
I only check into racing on a few of the big days now. Frankly I just felt like I didn't recognize the game anymore and lost interest.
Anyway I hope all are doing well.
I see the same political storms are being fought on a daily basis around here by the same folks.:D
good luck to all.
Jim

jocko699 05-30-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArlJim78 (Post 2323476)
Hey all, I've been awol from PA for some time.
Frankly got burned out on racing, also politics.
Then I started into weight loss, nutrition, diet, exercise, and well I've changed a lot in the past two years as you can see below.
I'm an avid runner now and have lost close to 190 pounds from my peak.
Back to a weight I haven't seen since a junior in high school, and feeling better than ever too.
I only check into racing on a few of the big days now. Frankly I just felt like I didn't recognize the game anymore and lost interest.
Anyway I hope all are doing well.
I see the same political storms are being fought on a daily basis around here by the same folks.:D
good luck to all.
Jim

Congrats on the weight loss. It never is easy!!!!!!

098poi 05-30-2018 10:02 PM

Wow that's great. I am going to follow your lead except for the nutrition and exercise stuff.

Well done!!

johnhannibalsmith 05-30-2018 10:05 PM

Congratulations and good to hear from you Jim!

lamboguy 05-30-2018 10:08 PM

wow, that's a lot better than politics!

congratulations

ElKabong 05-30-2018 10:30 PM

Welcome back. And congratulations!

Don't lose too much weight, tho. Consider some weight training in your routine; The older we get the more it helps in many many ways towards good overall health and wellness. Having gone down the competitive triathlon route years ago, being too thin has its yellow flags as well. Eating right and smart exercise, it can make you feel 21 again. Congratulations for turning that clock back!

wisconsin 05-30-2018 10:39 PM

Awesome story, Jim! :ThmbUp:

Tom 05-30-2018 10:54 PM

Hey Jim....nice work!

Welcome back.

kingfin66 05-30-2018 11:01 PM

Wow you look like a totally different person. I'll bet you feel like one too. Well done.

thaskalos 05-31-2018 12:23 AM

Amazing transformation! Great to see you doing so well, Jim...and best of luck going forward.

JustRalph 05-31-2018 01:01 AM

Nice job! Good for you :jump::jump:

fast4522 05-31-2018 01:14 AM

Welcome back, such determination suggests a rich commitment to family. Just in time for summer with the new you. Looking forward to your posts, cool beans.

davew 05-31-2018 05:37 AM

amazing loss. How many times a week do you run? How many miles?

NJ Stinks 05-31-2018 08:02 PM

ArlJim, it's nice to hear from you! And congrats on your determined effort to lose weight. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

I guess it goes without saying that you thrilled the prez is considering a pardon for your ex-governor! :p :)

oughtoh 05-31-2018 08:15 PM

Congrats on the weight loss