Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW) (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   TVG..Disgraceful (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131178)

Wonderlander 05-21-2016 07:41 PM

TVG..Disgraceful

To my understanding BF owns TVG.. Yet the tracks BF carried are not covered over tracks BF does not have on the exchange on the two TVG streams. For example TVG will choose to show Gulf stream B meet.. over Monmouth... Or they will hardly cover a race at Emerald(ON BF) if a track like Golden Gate is going at the same time (NOT ON BF). Or they will show a post parade and go on tape delay to the track on BF.. Now its interesting to me with all the advertising they are doing promoting the exchange and in running.. IN NJ! That TVG does not make an effort the show the tracks covered on BF!! (What they are advertising!!..) Now not sure if BF makes the decisions as to what is taken priority to be shown live.. But it is quite baffling to see.

duncan04 05-21-2016 07:54 PM

BF just started in the U.S. TVG had previous contracts which they need to honor. Pretty simple

Wonderlander 05-21-2016 07:57 PM

They have owned TVG a long time..

duncan04 05-21-2016 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonderlander
They have owned TVG a long time..

Yeah but exchange wagering is new. They have had preexisting contracts to show other tracks and not necessarily what is offered on the exchange

pandy 05-21-2016 11:23 PM

Quote:

To my understanding BF owns TVG.. Yet the tracks BF carried are not covered over tracks BF does not have on the exchange on the two TVG streams. For example TVG will choose to show Gulf stream B meet.. over Monmouth... Or they will hardly cover a race at Emerald(ON BF) if a track like Golden Gate is going at the same time (NOT ON BF). Or they will show a post parade and go on tape delay to the track on BF.. Now its interesting to me with all the advertising they are doing promoting the exchange and in running.. IN NJ! That TVG does not make an effort the show the tracks covered on BF!! (What they are advertising!!..) Now not sure if BF makes the decisions as to what is taken priority to be shown live.. But it is quite baffling to see.

It is baffling sometimes but part of it is contractual, and I believe they also give preference to the tracks that generate the most business for them. You said that they'll show Gulfstream B meet over Monmouth. I don't know what the Gulfstream handle is right now, but I know that the Gulfstream winter meet set an all time record for handle with a sensational average of $860,000 per race. And Monmouth is pretty much a B meet, too, so it's not like they have that much of an advantage.

SuperPickle 05-21-2016 11:46 PM

Quote:

Almost every track is shown in contractual preference/obligation.

Some of these contracts run up to 3 even 4 years. They also inherited a bunch of deals from HRTV.

Also not to rude but your examples suck. Gulfstream is the premier track in the country for 25% of the year. So they should probably give them preference over Monmouth which is in 2016 not really doing well.

Yeah and Golden Gate is better racing than Emerald. They're also owned by the guy who owns Samta Anita and Gulfstream so I'm pretty sure they have some negotiating power over a track in Seattle that runs a third of the year.

I'm trying to wrap my head around your angle. Basically the exchange is open to like 5% of their customers. So they should say screw our contracts and screw 95% of their customers? That's a better way to run the business?

upthecreek 05-22-2016 06:30 AM

As Todd Schrupp always says America's Horse Racing Network, TVG
Marginally better than nothing

forced89 05-22-2016 09:13 AM

I ditto above post without the "marginally".

Wonderlander 05-22-2016 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPickle
Almost every track is shown in contractual preference/obligation.

Some of these contracts run up to 3 even 4 years. They also inherited a bunch of deals from HRTV.

Also not to rude but your examples suck. Gulfstream is the premier track in the country for 25% of the year. So they should probably give them preference over Monmouth which is in 2016 not really doing well.

Yeah and Golden Gate is better racing than Emerald. They're also owned by the guy who owns Samta Anita and Gulfstream so I'm pretty sure they have some negotiating power over a track in Seattle that runs a third of the year.

I'm trying to wrap my head around your angle. Basically the exchange is open to like 5% of their customers. So they should say screw our contracts and screw 95% of their customers? That's a better way to run the business?

Stronic owns those tracks and wants nothing to do with the exchange yet his tracks are put on over BF tracks. Im trying to wrap my head around a company who is trying to grow a product and own the televising site...yet is not getting there own tracks shown on the live televising channel. Yes maybe they have contracts i dont know about. Maybe they make more money showing B meet at Gulf stream over Monmouth its possible. I just find it very interesting. BF has lots of money. They can do what they want.. why not take control of there televising network. I guess its because they would make less money showing the tracks they are advertising on the exchange as you so bluntly expressed. I guess you also feel showing a post parade, is more important than showing a live race? that will also help promote the new product...lmao

Wonderlander 05-22-2016 05:07 PM

Two in play tracks Woodbine and Monmouth running simultaneously all day.. Great way to increase liquidity.. have them run at the exact same time..

Tom 05-22-2016 05:18 PM

Quote:

Two in play tracks Woodbine and Monmouth running simultaneously all day.. Great way to increase liquidity.. have them run at the exact same time..

Who is "they" that makes do that?

SuperPickle 05-22-2016 11:37 PM

Quote:

Stronic owns those tracks and wants nothing to do with the exchange yet his tracks are put on over BF tracks. Im trying to wrap my head around a company who is trying to grow a product and own the televising site...yet is not getting there own tracks shown on the live televising channel. Yes maybe they have contracts i dont know about. Maybe they make more money showing B meet at Gulf stream over Monmouth its possible. I just find it very interesting. BF has lots of money. They can do what they want.. why not take control of there televising network. I guess its because they would make less money showing the tracks they are advertising on the exchange as you so bluntly expressed. I guess you also feel showing a post parade, is more important than showing a live race? that will also help promote the new product...lmao

You do realize if they did things your way there would be a thread on this message board complaining how Tvg is constantly promoting and accommodating an exchange 95% people can't bet on.

Wonderlander 05-23-2016 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPickle
You do realize if they did things your way there would be a thread on this message board complaining how Tvg is constantly promoting and accommodating an exchange 95% people can't bet on.

So than it is more beneficial in the long term for BF to show the other tracks over the ones on there site. Because they do things in my understanding for there best interests.. I guess a post parade or the broadcasters picks are also more important than showing a live race. Than go to the race without even putting tape delay on..

castaway01 05-23-2016 08:38 AM

Quote:

So than it is more beneficial in the long term for BF to show the other tracks over the ones on there site. Because they do things in my understanding for there best interests.. I guess a post parade or the broadcasters picks are also more important than showing a live race. Than go to the race without even putting tape delay on..

I'm one of the people who can bet the exchange, but the rest of the country can't, so why would they dictate programming based on a tiny percentage of their viewership? What you're saying makes no sense.

AlBundy33 05-23-2016 08:39 AM

This is nothing compared to what they used to do from 2007-2010.

I remember one time that they went to commercial as they were loading the field the last race at Aqueduct. Or showing Chris Shilltoulak babble on instead of showing live races.

Let alone :58 Flat, On The Nose and Gate Crashers were three of the worst conceived ideas in the history of television. :D