Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   PA posters who are "MIA" (RIP SRU) (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121290)

Stillriledup 03-21-2015 05:48 PM

PA posters who are "MIA"

Posters who have posted very little recently or not at all:

CJ
The Little Guy
Whiffleball Whizz
EDM4ME

Anyone else?

These 4 posters have probably less than 10 posts between them in the last week or so.

Are you guys alive? :D

badcompany 03-21-2015 06:01 PM

I saw Andy on TV the other day. :)

OTM Al 03-21-2015 06:04 PM

Some people have lives.

Tom 03-21-2015 06:19 PM

Goren has been gone, but I did see one post by him the other day, so he must be ok. That's good news.

JustRalph 03-21-2015 07:41 PM

CJ is tweeting, and probably busy as hell making numbers ......

thaskalos 03-21-2015 08:23 PM

I haven't seen Robert Fischer posting lately...and he has reported that he has been facing serious health problems. I hope everything is OK...

Dave Schwartz 03-21-2015 08:31 PM

I'll tell you who I went looking for the other day was Swope.

Does anyone know anything about Chuck Swope of Las Vegas? I'd say it has been years since he has posted and I fear the worst.

banacek 03-21-2015 08:31 PM

SRU?? Hasn't posted in the last 10 minutes!

Tall One 03-21-2015 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banacek
SRU?? Hasn't posted in the last 10 minutes!

At least in this thread...I understand it's open season at Woodbine as well as wherever McGary will be announcing.. :ThmbUp:

Robert Goren 03-21-2015 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
Goren has been gone, but I did see one post by him the other day, so he must be ok. That's good news.

Was in rehab again. been back at assisted living for a week. my desktop died, so I am using a 10 year laptop. just trying to get back to normal right now.

Grits 03-21-2015 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos
I haven't seen Robert Fischer posting lately...and he has reported that he has been facing serious health problems. I hope everything is OK...

He hasn't been here, and yes, I recall he does have some very serious health problems.

EMD4ME? ... Thask, I just read his post in your thread. His mother was injured--critically so--5 days ago. Its a miracle, remarkable that she is still alive and fighting.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...1&page=2&pp=15

Godspeed... EMD. Prayers for your dear mom, your ailing aunt, and for you.

Take care of yourself.

mostpost 03-22-2015 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
I'll tell you who I went looking for the other day was Swope.

Does anyone know anything about Chuck Swope of Las Vegas? I'd say it has been years since he has posted and I fear the worst.

Lefty's last post was Aug. 11, 2014. I ran of search of the obits in the Las Vegas Review Journal for the past year and happily did not find anything. I also hope he is okay.

proximity 03-22-2015 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Posters who have posted very little recently or not at all:

CJ
The Little Guy
Whiffleball Whizz
EDM4ME

Anyone else?

These 4 posters have probably less than 10 posts between them in the last week or so.

Are you guys alive? :D

whizz got a new phone and can't remember his password.

I think he signed up for a new account.

charm city wiffleball or something? :confused:

Stillriledup 03-22-2015 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proximity

This place isn't the same without him.

Stillriledup 03-22-2015 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTM Al
Some people have lives.

[YT="This guy has a life"]VBBdyVQchWQ[/YT]

lamboguy 03-22-2015 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Goren
Was in rehab again. been back at assisted living for a week. my desktop died, so I am using a 10 year laptop. just trying to get back to normal right now.

its real nice to see you back, i hope we hear from some of the other missing people here soon. i wish everyone the very best.

Hoofless_Wonder 03-22-2015 08:54 PM

Hate to say it, but the trend is clear - unless you want to leave behind puzzled friends for years, you should have some instructions in your will to notify the social media sites you're active on to post a message about you're passing, as well as your email contacts.

A friend of mine in Alabama passed away a couple of years ago over Labor Day weekend, and I didn't find out until Breeder's Cup, through a mutual friend on my "horse racing" email list. He was active on a couple of online forums though, and the outpouring of grief and condolences for one was quite moving (Allman Brothers Band forum).

The alternative is to speculate, the way we do about whales....

Steve 'StatMan' 03-22-2015 09:18 PM

Couldn't find anything from toetoe since 2012. Also, Chickenhead must have flown the coop.

Not trying to push anyone back onto social media if they are busy or temporarily/permanently fed up. I'm even thinking of banishing myself from all social media for a while - I get too upset and fed up with everything, and the stupidity of the masses, while also realizing that ignorance might just be bliss after all.

johnhannibalsmith 03-22-2015 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve 'StatMan'
Couldn't find anything from toetoe since 2012. Also, Chickenhead must have flown the coop.

Chickenhead has come out of his shell now and again, I think.

I think he was more into the funny/stupid/ridiculous things that we all share in common type off-topic threads rather than the mundane things that make us allegedly different (very, very, very different, allegedly) type threads that seem more the norm these days.

Zaf 03-22-2015 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTM Al
Some people have lives.

:lol:

NJ Stinks 03-23-2015 01:11 AM

One guy I miss is Jay Trotter. I just checked and he hasn't posted since last August.

Hope all is well with this Royal Canadian.

GaryG 03-23-2015 07:24 AM

Chickie is a very smart guy and I enjoyed some of his insights. Two of the best handicappers that have not been seen recently are Rook and Richie P. I told Rook once that I admired his intensity as it reminded me of myself as a young man.

tucker6 03-23-2015 08:10 AM

Elysiantraveller??

classhandicapper 03-23-2015 09:23 AM

CJ is still recovering from a procedure on his eyes. I checked in with him over the weekend. All is well.

Greyfox 03-23-2015 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
One guy I miss is Jay Trotter. I just checked and he hasn't posted since last August.

Yes. He was a great contributor to the management of several contests on this board.
Also, Jay offered very level headed advice in the political off topics threads from time to time.

PaceAdvantage 03-23-2015 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ Stinks

Jay hates my guts because he thinks I'm a right-wing jackbooted thug.

I hope that clears at least this MIA up... :lol: :faint:

PaceAdvantage 03-23-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proximity

There is a lost password function on this board...right where you log in... :lol:

Based on your vouch, I approved charm city...let's hope it's really him... :lol:

thaskalos 03-23-2015 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

Where could he possibly have gotten THAT idea...? :)

OTM Al 03-23-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

And even if you are a right-wing jackbooted thug, you are still a nice guy and quite likable :)

PaceAdvantage 03-23-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos
Where could he possibly have gotten THAT idea...? :)

I don't know...anything even remotely right of Al Franken is considered a right-wing jackbooted thug these days, so you tell me.

thaskalos 03-23-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

I don't know...anything even remotely right of Al Franken is considered a right-wing jackbooted thug these days, so you tell me.

I, for one, have revised my opinion of you. If a person insists on holding erroneous political views...then who am I to stand in his way? None of us is perfect...

PaceAdvantage 03-23-2015 01:39 PM

That last part is so true.

NJ Stinks 03-23-2015 02:32 PM

Quote:

Sorry to hear that if that's the case with Jay. Although it sure beats health issues.

My thoughts on the subject go something like this. I don't hold somebody's political beliefs against them. In fact, I enjoy political debate and there wouldn't be any around here if there weren't different opinions. So if somebody gets upset about something posted, it's no big deal. But when somebody gets really nasty or mean with another poster because of a stated political belief, I'm no longer amused.

Marshall Bennett 03-23-2015 03:41 PM

I'll agree with that. :)

charm city whizz 03-23-2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

There is a lost password function on this board...right where you log in... :lol:

Based on your vouch, I approved charm city...let's hope it's really him... :lol:

Yes it's the whizz.......lost password and forgot old email password to log on!!!!

Thanks for approving me I won't let you down!!!!!

Lost numbers of Dennis and a few others over here glad to be back

Rookies 03-23-2015 06:17 PM

Quote:

Other than that, what's the REAL issue, Mike? :lol:

RunForTheRoses 03-23-2015 06:21 PM

When I first signed up at PA I mainly lurked and usually in the On topic forums. I remember there was a guy who posted a lot with a Jaco Pastorius avatar who seemed pretty knowledgeable and posted a lot. I could be mistaking for a current poster but don't think so.

RunForTheRoses 03-23-2015 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charm city whizz
Yes it's the whizz.......lost password and forgot old email password to log on!!!!

Welcome back, hows the March Madness going for you?

Rookies 03-23-2015 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses
When I first signed up at PA I mainly lurked and usually in the On topic forums. I remember there was a guy who posted a lot with a Jaco Pastorius avatar who seemed pretty knowledgeable and posted a lot. I could be mistaking for a current poster but don't think so.

Correct, sir! Dangerous Dan ? He batted on the Left side of the plate, je pense.

Zydeco 03-23-2015 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charm city whizz

The Whizz is back!!