Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Belmont Poker Stakes (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145505)

arw629 06-17-2018 02:33 PM

Belmont Poker Stakes

What parallel universe does the ML maker live in to make Force the Pass 5-1 and a shorter price than Made You Look? Am I way wrong on this?

Immortal6 06-17-2018 04:01 PM

FtP only out of money in one lifetime race, runs consistently good figs. MYL had a great race against OC 80k company last out, were it not for the Chad Brown factor I would be calling for a bounce performance this time out. ML doesn't mean much to me, because come post time the Chad Brown horse is gonna be bet down to 2-1 while FtP will likely be 8-1 and an overlay.

I'm looking more at Ballagh Rocks and especially Voodoo Song third off the layoff for Linda Rice. My 2 cents.

HandyKapper 06-17-2018 04:28 PM

Hoping to get the 4-1 on Fire Away. Will be playing to win and boxing 4-5-8 in exacta and tris.

arw629 06-17-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Immortal6 (Post 2330342)
FtP only out of money in one lifetime race, runs consistently good figs. MYL had a great race against OC 80k company last out, were it not for the Chad Brown factor I would be calling for a bounce performance this time out. ML doesn't mean much to me, because come post time the Chad Brown horse is gonna be bet down to 2-1 while FtP will likely be 8-1 and an overlay.

I'm looking more at Ballagh Rocks and especially Voodoo Song third off the layoff for Linda Rice. My 2 cents.

It doesn’t mean anything to me either. I just couldn’t believe someone could possibly see FTP as a shorter price than the Chad Brown entrant. I posted here to hear if I was missing something.

PhantomOnTour 06-17-2018 05:57 PM

Sometimes it's so easy in retrospect. A three time Gr1 winner was facing a bunch of Gr3 types.
Good night.
I bet the 8 😂

letswastemoney 06-17-2018 06:04 PM

I thought it was possible Oscar Performance could need one off the layoff. I guess he didn't.

Tom 06-17-2018 07:17 PM

New track records, new NA record.

Track condition: see-ment!

Appy 06-17-2018 11:04 PM

Wasn't this the second course record at Belmont within the past week?

I just looked through my play sheets for a note on the first one but didn't see it...but when I'm done for the day my play sheet look like a pack rat nest! But I swear remembering hearing that said following a recent race at Bel in addition to the one today.

summersquall 06-17-2018 11:20 PM

Today's 3rd race Optional claiming 80K, 6yo trained by R Diodoro. According to
Andy Serling
‏ @andyserling

"If that time is accurate, which I am skeptical of, it's a new track record, 1:06.74, on the Inner Turf at #Belmont. Tombelaine gets it done off the claim. The suggested fractions say they went 21.84, 21.88, and 23.02."

GMB@BP 06-18-2018 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appy (Post 2330456)
Wasn't this the second course record at Belmont within the past week?

I just looked through my play sheets for a note on the first one but didn't see it...but when I'm done for the day my play sheet look like a pack rat nest! But I swear remembering hearing that said following a recent race at Bel in addition to the one today.

Well if we do the raw times game, a popular thing around here, we are looking at two of the great turf horses of all time.