Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Scandal....Obama’s Scandals (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142575)

woodtoo 02-10-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2274703)
Why were these guys so afraid of Trump back then? I thought they were all prancing around under some delusion that Hillary was a lock...but here they are paying tons of cash for some dossier...strange...guess all that deluded confidence was just a front, if they were all scrambling to pay big money for oppo research...

They wanted to destroy the man his brand and his family even if he lost.
As a warning to any and all others who dared challenge their authority.
As Donald said many times at his rally's " there are $Trillians at stake"

davew 02-10-2018 03:03 PM

Quote:

Why were these guys so afraid of Trump back then? I thought they were all prancing around under some delusion that Hillary was a lock...but here they are paying tons of cash for some dossier...strange...guess all that deluded confidence was just a front, if they were all scrambling to pay big money for oppo research...

op research, so they could find crap to release to the media to help discredit him and his chance in the election.

it wasn't 0bama's campaign fund (no longer running for office), he converted it to some other thing (to help righteous causes).

Boris 02-10-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

They did think she was a lock. They also knew she could stroke out at any minute. The Hag was not healthy for the last six months of the battle.

chadk66 02-10-2018 09:50 PM

I don't understand why they spent so much money for this dossier if they thought Hillary was a lock. They certainly didn't need it for her to win in their eyes. Or did they know something we didn't.

elysiantraveller 02-10-2018 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadk66 (Post 2275064)
I don't understand why they spent so much money for this dossier if they thought Hillary was a lock. They certainly didn't need it for her to win in their eyes. Or did they know something we didn't.

Because it's due diligence to dig into the skeletons of your opponents closets.

This type of stuff happens in every major race in the country.

JustRalph 02-10-2018 10:27 PM

Quote:

Internal polling. I knew he had a good chance when they canceled the fireworks 2 days before the election. They knew.......

PaceAdvantage 02-11-2018 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elysiantraveller (Post 2275078)
Because it's due diligence to dig into the skeletons of your opponents closets.

This type of stuff happens in every major race in the country.

Oh. Oh. Oh. Wow. I did not know that.

Thanks for the eye-opener

elysiantraveller 02-11-2018 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2275123)
Oh. Oh. Oh. Wow. I did not know that.

Thanks for the eye-opener

I guess I'm not following.

You are surprised the dossier was ordered because Hillary was viewed as a lock? :confused:

PaceAdvantage 02-11-2018 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elysiantraveller (Post 2275126)
I guess I'm not following.

You are surprised the dossier was ordered because Hillary was viewed as a lock? :confused:

Is spending that kind of money and using (former) foreign spies the usual path most oppo research takes in a presidential campaign? Maybe I'm naive like that, but that seems a little above and beyond to me...

elysiantraveller 02-11-2018 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2275129)
Is spending that kind of money and using (former) foreign spies the usual path most oppo research takes in a presidential campaign? Maybe I'm naive like that, but that seems a little above and beyond to me...

Not naive but think about it.

You have near limitless funds at your disposal you have a security concern. Are you going to hire some corporate security company like Securitas for protection? Or are you going to call Blackwater and get some recently out of the service high level operators like SEALs/Ranger/SAS types?

Same scenario except this time you want information and want the best at getting it.

PaceAdvantage 02-11-2018 01:13 AM

None of it seems to have worked...yet...

davew 02-11-2018 11:59 AM

did he change policy or just lie?