Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The DQ (or non-DQ) complaint thread (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118196)

Stillriledup 11-06-2014 11:16 PM

The DQ (or non-DQ) complaint thread

Flip Flopped 2nd and 3rd. I dont see it.

cj 11-06-2014 11:25 PM

Rather than start a new thread every time somebody feels they have been the victim of a grave injustice, we'll put them all in this thread for a while and see how it goes.

Stillriledup 11-06-2014 11:27 PM

Thank you, good idea.

:ThmbUp:

The "complaint" was about the 10th race at Delta on Nov 6th. The 1 got outrun and the 2 got around him down the backstretch, the 1 got in tight and checked out of there and they blamed the 2 for the 1's poor ride and poor positioning.

I would post a video, but if you want to see the replay, try google. ;)

biggestal99 11-07-2014 06:15 AM

I had 10 bucks on the nose of toast of new york at 18-1 in the pa contest (and a bigger bet in real life)

Rats.

Allan

outofthebox 11-07-2014 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Flip Flopped 2nd and 3rd. I dont see it.

This is the track i race at. I cringe every time i'm involved with an inquiry. There are a lot of squeeze jobs going on into the turn because of horses switching leads and dropping down naturally. It seems if a jockey is half in going into the turn and feels the outside pressure, he is going to grab and take hold. This is what seemed to happen here.

Stillriledup 11-07-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outofthebox
This is the track i race at. I cringe every time i'm involved with an inquiry. There are a lot of squeeze jobs going on into the turn because of horses switching leads and dropping down naturally. It seems if a jockey is half in going into the turn and feels the outside pressure, he is going to grab and take hold. This is what seemed to happen here.

Thanks, this is part for the course at this track and it happens at CT and Los Al at the 4.5 distance. If you're in that spot from your own doing, you might have to get out of there, this was a real nitpicky DQ and i felt this situation was just "part of the race" that stuff happens to horses like the 1 if you're in that position. Bad call, they blamed the 2 for the jock on the 1 being inside there, its not the 2s fault the guy is there.

Stillriledup 11-25-2014 09:45 PM

Mountaineer DQ Race 7 Nov 25th

I don't think any of it affected the outcome, if you want to put the 3 behind the 7, i can't say that was the worst DQ ever, but putting the 3 behind the 5 is horrendous.

The 5 was beaten, lugging in, was very hard to steer and was never finishing higher than 4th....so im not sure why he was placed up.

But, its West Virginia, anything can happen there.

Tall One 11-25-2014 10:31 PM

SRU, didn't see the race myself, but in the 8th, my buddy has been on the phone jumping up and down about a non DQ and the :5: turning right out of the gate...said something about Bayern between slurs and is very upset about all of this.

My response? It's Mountaineer on a Tuesday, anything is possible.

Exotic1 11-25-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

I don't think any of it affected the outcome, if you want to put the 3 behind the 7, i can't say that was the worst DQ ever, but putting the 3 behind the 5 is horrendous.

The 5 was beaten, lugging in, was very hard to steer and was never finishing higher than 4th....so im not sure why he was placed up.

But, its West Virginia, anything can happen there.

The #5 and #7 were running backwards. Insanity.

Stillriledup 11-25-2014 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tall One
SRU, didn't see the race myself, but in the 8th, my buddy has been on the phone jumping up and down about a non DQ and the :5: turning right out of the gate...said something about Bayern between slurs and is very upset about all of this.

My response? It's Mountaineer on a Tuesday, anything is possible.

It looked like the 10 came in also, but the order of finish was 4-2, so im not sure what he was jumping around about, anyone who might have caused any problem was nowhere.

Stillriledup 11-25-2014 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exotic1
The #5 and #7 were running backwards. Insanity.

When i see this type of stuff, i think they're judging the races on a "foul is a foul" and affecting the outcome means nothing.

There was an objection in the 5th third against 2nd and this was a situation that didn't affect the outcome, but the 2nd place finisher did not maintain an exact straight line....but in the 7th, the judges required that the 3 maintain an exact straight line in a foul is a foul situation, so the judging didn't seem consistent in races that were an hour apart.

Not sure what to think about this, but between Mountain and CT, you never know what these judges are going to do.

Tall One 11-25-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

It looked like the 10 came in also, but the order of finish was 4-2, so im not sure what he was jumping around about, anyone who might have caused any problem was nowhere.

Who knows what he saw..Im thinking the slurs have something to do with it.. :D

Stillriledup 11-25-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tall One
Who knows what he saw..Im thinking the slurs have something to do with it.. :D

He may have been jumping around because there WAS an inquiry to begin with. Since this was an at the start situation, and we know anything has been proven to go, why were they looking at it at all? Its not like they were ever going to make a DQ.

Of course, its West Virginia, the state where anything can happen, if a DQ can happen at the start one night and not happen the next, its this place.

castaway01 11-26-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

He may have been jumping around because there WAS an inquiry to begin with. Since this was an at the start situation, and we know anything has been proven to go, why were they looking at it at all? Its not like they were ever going to make a DQ.

Of course, its West Virginia, the state where anything can happen, if a DQ can happen at the start one night and not happen the next, its this place.

What state was this in again? You haven't mentioned that yet. Can anything happen there?

cj 11-26-2014 09:58 AM

I thought we had a thread for this! You can find threads from 20 years ago but not the DQ thread? Come on, man.

EDIT: Merged

Stillriledup 11-26-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj
I thought we had a thread for this! You can find threads from 20 years ago but not the DQ thread? Come on, man.

EDIT: Merged

Sorry. Forgot about this. Out of sight, out of mind. My bad.

thespaah 11-26-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outofthebox

Is this due to inexperienced or "less skilled" riders? Or is it an issue of the jockeys "playing the game" of trying to get the attention of the Stewards with the idea of having the Stews give them a position?

thespaah 11-26-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Sorry. Forgot about this. Out of sight, out of mind. My bad.

Off to the Principal's office with you!!!!!!!
:lol:

Stillriledup 11-28-2014 02:04 PM

Frivilous foul claim by E Vaz Race 4 Parx today. This is embarrassing, jocks should be fined for this type of stuff.

cj 11-28-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Frivilous foul claim by Frankie Pennington Race 4 Parx today. This is embarrassing, jocks should be fined for this type of stuff.

Ummm...they are.

Stillriledup 11-28-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj
Ummm...they are.

I was wrong about Pennington, it was Vaz who had the frivilous claim.

Stillriledup 12-02-2014 05:28 PM

Bizarre DQ at Zia in Race 8 today (Dec 2), the horse who caused the interference was placed first and a horse who did nothing was placed out of the money?

cj 12-02-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Bizarre DQ at Zia in Race 8 today (Dec 2), the horse who caused the interference was placed first and a horse who did nothing was placed out of the money?

Something tells me there is more to it than this. I'll watch later.

Stillriledup 12-02-2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj
Something tells me there is more to it than this. I'll watch later.

They seemed to dq the wrong horse, i didnt see where the winner did anything wrong, he never bumped anyone so its all greek to me.

cj 12-02-2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

They seemed to dq the wrong horse, i didnt see where the winner did anything wrong, he never bumped anyone so its all greek to me.

I would guess the reasoning was the 5 forced the 4 in at the start, which in turn caused the 1-2-3 to be stopped pretty hard. I'm not sure I agree, but I can see why it was called.

Stillriledup 12-02-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj
I would guess the reasoning was the 5 forced the 4 in at the start, which in turn caused the 1-2-3 to be stopped pretty hard. I'm not sure I agree, but I can see why it was called.

I didnt see where the 5 did anything wrong and even if you can make a case the 5 was at fault, the 4 was also at least partly at fault and needed to come down too. Not sure how anyone can look at that and say the 4 was blameless for his jock completely overreacting to something that didnt happen, i have a problem with that DQ. If you take down the 5, you gotta take the 4 with him.

cj 12-02-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

I didnt see where the 5 did anything wrong and even if you can make a case the 5 was at fault, the 4 was also at least partly at fault and needed to come down too. Not sure how anyone can look at that and say the 4 was blameless for his jock completely overreacting to something that didnt happen, i have a problem with that DQ. If you take down the 5, you gotta take the 4 with him.

I tend to agree, I thought the 4 was at least as much to blame. I hate to say it, but I think the 1-5 odds had an impact.

Stillriledup 12-02-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj
I tend to agree, I thought the 4 was at least as much to blame. I hate to say it, but I think the 1-5 odds had an impact.

I was thinking that the track wouldnt want to have to pay out a minus show pool and the DQ of the 4 would be made, i saw the inquiry and just thought it was on the 4 and was shocked that it was on the 5.

Rough DQ if you had the winner, that's a hard way to not get paid.

Gapfire 12-02-2014 06:17 PM

Just looked at the replay, and thought the 4 caused most of the problems, The 5 was coming over as well, but the 4 moved in, and caused the foul before the 5 came over.
Bad DQ, and the 1/5 shot gets rewarded for being the main culprit. :ThmbDown:

appistappis 12-02-2014 08:45 PM

the objection was 1 on 5.

Stillriledup 12-02-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by appistappis

So the guy on the 1 objected against the wrong horse, its interesting how the jock on the 1 would have even seen if the 5 was at fault, the 4 was the one leaning into the trio of horses.

Gapfire 12-02-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by appistappis

Doesn't matter. Any review of the film would show that the 5 did not cause this. The stewards should have disallowed the objection.

cj 12-02-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gapfire
Doesn't matter. Any review of the film would show that the 5 did not cause this. The stewards should have disallowed the objection.

Yes, but they still could DQ the 4 once they are looking.

Gapfire 12-03-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj

Yes, and I've had this happen to me on more than one occasion.

Stillriledup 12-03-2014 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj

I bet people who had the 4 were thinking this exact thing.

Dark Horse 12-03-2014 11:13 AM

A few weeks ago at Turf Paradise a horse absolutely blasts by Scott Stevens in mid stretch. It was as if he was standing still. But he didn't realize how fast the other horse was going (at first), so he did the standard acting job of being cut off, which looked more than a little ridiculous on his crawling donkey. The crazy thing? He still filed an objection.

Stillriledup 12-03-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Horse
A few weeks ago at Turf Paradise a horse absolutely blasts by Scott Stevens in mid stretch. It was as if he was standing still. But he didn't realize how fast the other horse was going (at first), so he did the standard acting job of being cut off, which looked more than a little ridiculous on his crawling donkey. The crazy thing? He still filed an objection.

I think i remember that race, the guy got beat a long way, wasn't cost a board spot either.

Stillriledup 12-05-2014 04:03 PM

I didnt see why the 7 was dq'd in the 8th at AQU, anyone know why? I didnt see the head on. looked to me like the 12 lugged in and crashed the field, but what do i know.

cj 12-05-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

I didnt see why the 7 was dq'd in the 8th at AQU, anyone know why? I didnt see the head on. looked to me like the 12 lugged in and crashed the field, but what do i know.

Lopez cause the trouble.

Stillriledup 12-05-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

The head on is available at 2:55 on the Calracing feed of the pan shot of the race. There's a head on shot available, but that's just a continuation of the inquiry and a view of the toteboard, you need to watch the pan to see the head on, they only show it once.