Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Planned Parenthood bill, passes (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137402)

no breathalyzer 04-01-2017 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer (Post 2146167)
Right. I for the record and pro life concerning me. And I am a great example because I had children very early in life. I was 17 and 19 when my kids were born and there was never a thought to do anything other and my children are great. Have not conceived a child since. Most of these decisions are made by people who live in Ginger Bread Land where everything is cut and dried and decisions perfectly laid out. There is a scary and hostile drug infested, psychotic world out there with many young girls not wanting to bring a child into that world. And by the same token there are many well to do individuals who don't want their 15 year old daughter to have a child and smear their golden appearance. Those people will get the best hidden medical care to preserve their image. Because a person is poor they are condemned for their "Stupidity" and have to either live in shame or have a child they are not equipped for to raise. It happens. It is reality. It is not right. I am pro life for me. But pro choice for somebody else.

:ThmbUp:Me too... no matter what my personal beliefs are ... which have changed with age

chadk66 04-01-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew (Post 2146169)
There are implants that will last up to 4 years.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/le...plant-implanon

But what about the women whose chosen profession is raising their kids for the government? They know more kids is more benefits..

well then we damn well need to be pushing for those receiving welfare and not holding down a job having to use this. Like Grits mentioned the NICU units are full of heroin addicted premies. I have a very good friend that has been an RN at children's hospital NICU in Minneapolis for thirty years. I've toured it. It's amazing. And that could be highly prevented by using those implants. But the left would drive it off the cliff if you tried going that direction. Their voter base would shrink considerably.

Tom 04-01-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew (Post 2145688)
For the people using abortion as 'birth control' and 'family planning', maybe planned parenthood can start doing sterilizations.

After one abortion, mandatory sterilization.

reckless 04-01-2017 10:20 AM

Far left liberals, racists and those that advocate genocide such as Planned Parenthood simply love to yell and scream 'Stay Out of My Bedroom!!' when conservative politicians want to pass any sort of anti-abortion type legislature.

If said politician is one that wants fiscal responsibility, the abortionists claim they have no heart. They are simply mean people who want to hurt others, especially poor women and rich professional women.

If said politician is one that believes in the sanctity of life, the Planned Parenthood thugs denounce them as those that want to tell women how to live their life. Who the hell are you to suggest anything of the sort. It's my choice, they always say. Go, go, go stand on the corner with your silly signs; too bad, pally, and just get lost.

Yet, the abortionists also demand that the government reach into their their bedrooms.... for that's where they want the sucker, err, taxpayer, to leave the check to pay for their abortion.

davew 04-01-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2146230)
After one abortion, mandatory sterilization.

too far - what about rape or incest?

xtb 04-01-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2146020)
Yes...I noticed that. Luckily...I fought hard and they couldn't convert me. :ThmbUp:

That's probably what the people in the middle east are thinking just before their heads are sawed off, by a muslim.

Tom 04-01-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew (Post 2146243)
too far - what about rape or incest?

Seems too harsh a punishment for an abortion.

chadk66 04-01-2017 11:12 AM

I don't think sterilization would be right. Some of these women are very young and actually get their lives straightened out. Making them wear a birth control implant makes so much sense that it's ridiculous. Why this isn't being done already is mind boggling.

thaskalos 04-01-2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer (Post 2146167)
Right. I for the record and pro life concerning me. And I am a great example because I had children very early in life. I was 17 and 19 when my kids were born and there was never a thought to do anything other and my children are great. Have not conceived a child since. Most of these decisions are made by people who live in Ginger Bread Land where everything is cut and dried and decisions perfectly laid out. There is a scary and hostile drug infested, psychotic world out there with many young girls not wanting to bring a child into that world. And by the same token there are many well to do individuals who don't want their 15 year old daughter to have a child and smear their golden appearance. Those people will get the best hidden medical care to preserve their image. Because a person is poor they are condemned for their "Stupidity" and have to either live in shame or have a child they are not equipped for to raise. It happens. It is reality. It is not right. I am pro life for me. But pro choice for somebody else.

Bravo!! :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

thaskalos 04-01-2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtb (Post 2146246)
That's probably what the people in the middle east are thinking just before their heads are sawed off, by a muslim.

How noble of you to be thinking about the people in the middle east. :ThmbUp:

classhandicapper 04-01-2017 05:28 PM

Setting aside the point of the thread, which was the question of whether public money should be funding abortions at Planned Parenthood, IMO, I'd like to make the point that abortion is not the solution to the fundamental problem. The fundamental problem is unwanted pregnancies. Abortion is an attempt to deal with that problem but does absolutely nothing to solve it. IMO, most of the energy should be going into reducing unwanted pregnancies.

This is one of the problems of our society.

We eat too much cake, cookies, candy, snacks and fast food. We drink too much soda, beer, juices, and shakes. We get obese and have all sorts of health problems. Our solution is more and better medications for controlling heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes etc...

No dumb asses.

The solution is not getting obese.

The idea is to identify the core problem and fix it the best you can.

The idea is not to find band-aid solutions that allow you to continue behaving like an irresponsible idiot.

xtb 04-01-2017 05:36 PM

If there were no more abortions, planned parenthood would be out of business so from their point of view, unwanted pregnancies are a good thing. Perhaps if there is any hope of outlawing abortions, PP needs to go first.

Tom 04-01-2017 05:44 PM

If they want to abort, I am not going to stop them.
But if they think they are going to have ME pay for it, they can go to hell. Abort the slut of a mother. I'll pay for that.

Lemon Drop Husker 04-01-2017 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classhandicapper (Post 2146554)
Setting aside the point of the thread, which was the question of whether public money should be funding abortions at Planned Parenthood, IMO, I'd like to make the point that abortion is not the solution to the fundamental problem. The fundamental problem is unwanted pregnancies. Abortion is an attempt to deal with that problem but does absolutely nothing to solve it. IMO, most of the energy should be going into reducing unwanted pregnancies.

This is one of the problems of our society.

We eat too much cake, cookies, candy, snacks and fast food. We drink too much soda, beer, juices, and shakes. We get obese and have all sorts of health problems. Our solution is more and better medications for controlling heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes etc...

No dumb asses.

The solution is not getting obese.

The idea is to identify the core problem and fix it the best you can.

The idea is not to find band-aid solutions that allow you to continue behaving like an irresponsible idiot.

OK.

How do you propose to keep "unwanted" pregnancies from happening?

It isn't like a woman wakes up one day and.... "oh crap" I'm pregnant.

Is a chastity belt on your list of solutions?

johnhannibalsmith 04-01-2017 10:58 PM

God, I sound like a feminasty (c-Boxcat) snowflake, but it is kind of amusing how the five pages of basically abortion debate and there isn't a single penis involved in any of the problems discussed.