Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Medina Spirit dies suddenly (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168008)

dilanesp 12-06-2021 11:48 AM

Medina Spirit dies suddenly

This is going to really fuel the conspiratorial thinking.

In any event, it's a terrible tragedy and we lost a really good, game racehorse who tried all the time. It wasn't his fault that Baffert did whatever it is he did.

RIP.

Bigadam119 12-06-2021 12:15 PM

Agreed, he was definitely a tough horse. I don’t know how many more blows the sport can take before it’s forced out

classhandicapper 12-06-2021 12:15 PM

This is absolutely tragic on multiple levels.

Tom 12-06-2021 12:18 PM

Sad to hear.
He was good horse who hung out with a bad crowd.
Remember him for the athlete he was and his not connections.

CheckMark 12-06-2021 12:23 PM

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/t...anita-workout/

What the fu*k has this world come to!

A talented racehorse for sure with all this controversy happening he was in the middle of it all but such a horrible way to go out

:rip:

GMB@BP 12-06-2021 12:37 PM

you know its bad when you start migrating to the side of PETA.

You cant make this shit up if you tried.

1mileto7Fcutback 12-06-2021 12:52 PM

Feel bad for the horse.

Poor Baffert can't catch a break.

Elkchester Road 12-06-2021 12:57 PM

Whether we all here like it or not...this Sport IS becoming what PETA says it is.

stuball 12-06-2021 12:59 PM

BAFFERT

Baffert can't catch a break - you got to be kidding - hope this gets him out of the industry completely - but he's part of the elites soooooooooooooooo

horsefan2019 12-06-2021 01:38 PM

Wouldn't be surprised to see Churchill Downs throw the book at Baffert now....a racehorse, especially a Derby winner dying under mysterious circumstances cannot be good for the sport especially when the general public has been looking at the sport increasingly suspiciously.

Mr_Ed 12-06-2021 02:05 PM

McEnroe's "You can't be serious" was my first thought upon reading a Facebook feed of his death.

This will not :rip:

horsefan2019 12-06-2021 02:08 PM

The industry was able to get out of the wave of negative publicity because of COVID which diverted the attention of the general media Unfortunately, this will revive the efforts of the anti-horse racing advocates once again because it gives them a widely known racehorse dying at a track which was getting all the bad publicity.

Robert Fischer 12-06-2021 02:10 PM

Sad news.

He was a game racehorse.

Obviously winning the Kentucky Derby is a special thing.

Rex Phinney 12-06-2021 02:17 PM

Many years ago Baffert was probably my favorite trainer. These days I sort of wish he was pushed out of the sport. Seriously if this was any other sport there would be way more questions to answer.

barbaro123 12-06-2021 02:17 PM

Well the pitchforks are out for Baffert. Sometimes something is what it is and nothing more. When I saw this news I screamed and broke down sobbing. This horse was just wonderful, so game and beautiful to boot. People are just ignorant- at least wait for information from the necropsy before slinging arrows to BB. Rest in peace beautiful horse.