Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dumb ride of the week award (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171912)

Tom 08-07-2022 02:10 PM

Dumb ride of the week award

I nominate Jose Gomez for his totally inept ride in the second today.
Took the only shot his horse had, his speed, and said to himself, "Naw, I'll keep the best stretch runners in the race and then out gun them in the stretch." And Luis Siez, a real rider, is on the other horse...:bang:

Hats off to that genius plan.

Jeff P 08-07-2022 02:27 PM

I nominate Irad in that same race.

He was part of that grab and hold parade, but made things worse by keeping his horse glued to that dead rail.

Turn the page...

-jp

davew 08-07-2022 03:00 PM

sometimes I wonder if jockeys are just 'following orders' for a tightener and odds builder for next time out

ranchwest 08-07-2022 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew (Post 2822467)
sometimes I wonder if jockeys are just 'following orders' for a tightener and odds builder for next time out

I don't think so in this case. Gomez kept alternating between stranglehold and loose.

Someday Silent 08-09-2022 12:14 AM

I thought this was a thread about the Whitney. :puke:

Spalding No! 08-09-2022 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Someday Silent (Post 2822895)
I thought this was a thread about the Whitney. :puke:

I thought it was going to be about Julian Leporeaux's ride on Tiz The Bomb in the National Hall of Fame.

No way he's wheeling back in the St. Leger and probably not gonna shoot for a race on QIPCO British Champions Day at Ascot off that botch job...

the little guy 08-09-2022 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spalding No! (Post 2822897)
I thought it was going to be about Julian Leporeaux's ride on Tiz The Bomb in the National Hall of Fame.

No way he's wheeling back in the St. Leger and probably not gonna shoot for a race on QIPCO British Champions Day at Ascot off that botch job...

You figure the Arc is still on for Classic Causeway?

Spalding No! 08-09-2022 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the little guy (Post 2822899)
You figure the Arc is still on for Classic Causeway?

McPeek is in a bit of a pickle on that one.

If he fires Leparoux, how the hell is he going to get around France without a translator?

On the bright side, the word for "pony" in French is nearly spelled & pronounced the same way...

classhandicapper 08-09-2022 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spalding No! (Post 2822901)
McPeek is in a bit of a pickle on that one.

If he fires Leparoux, how the hell is he going to get around France without a translator?

On the bright side, the word for "pony" in French is nearly spelled & pronounced the same way...

Well, he certainly earned enough money for the trip from the jump back to Grade 1, switch to turf, and stretch out if he feels like blowing a few dollars. ;)