Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Trayvon Martin (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92496)

whiptastic 03-20-2012 02:25 PM

Trayvon Martin

Teen Shot and Killed

Evidently he was talking to his girlfriend on the phone when this went down. The background really makes you wonder why the shooter wasn't arrested, but we may never know. The feds are getting involved, so maybe something will come of the investigation. Sad. The shooter sounds like a real nut. It's also odd that only 3 stories about this appear on fox news website in the last month.

johnhannibalsmith 03-20-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiptastic
... It's also odd that only 3 stories about this appear on fox news website in the last month.

It's a big cover-up. Rupert Murdoch is the real shooter. Koch Brothers sent the kid for Skittles.

GaryG 03-20-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
It's a big cover-up. Rupert Murdoch is the real shooter. Koch Brothers sent the kid for Skittles.

I heard that Palin had him on her hit list....Bristol was seen leaving the scene.

whiptastic 03-20-2012 04:41 PM

I watched her walk away...so to speak ;)

Seriously, it's all over CNN and USA Today, just 3 stories on Fox. Can't figure that.

lsbets 03-20-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

I watched her walk away...so to speak ;)

Seriously, it's all over CNN and USA Today, just 3 stories on Fox. Can't figure that.

I saw the story at least 4 times on Fox news yesterday. Pretty sure there was a segment on every news show on the channel yesterday.

bigmack 03-20-2012 04:57 PM

This is being touted by the likes of Rev. Al, as a 'white on black' crime.

You're telling me this guy's white?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...2_13_51_08.jpg

When does Pat Boone or some other cracker run around the country protesting 'black on white' violence? Frequent fliers dream come true. They'd be REAL busy.

lsbets 03-20-2012 06:30 PM

Another story on fox right now. Yep, they are ignoring it.

Pace Cap'n 03-20-2012 08:31 PM

Fox News online has been reporting on this with great regularity since the day it happened.

whiptastic 03-20-2012 08:42 PM

I only got 3 stories from their site when I searched, but it looks like they've picked up the pace in the past couple of days.

bigmack 03-20-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

I only got 3 stories from their site when I searched, but it looks like they've picked up the pace in the past couple of days.

What a relief. Fox dodged a bullet from scouts like you. Nice work. :ThmbUp:

If we're counting, perhaps the OVER coverage @ MSNBC makes up for it. They're all jazzed-up on this story. Good chance for Rev Al to redeem himself from the Tawana BrawLey caper. Heck, he could see a bump in ratings for his show. From 8 households to 10.

johnhannibalsmith 03-20-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmack
What a relief. Fox dodged a bullet from scouts like you. Nice work. :ThmbUp:

If we're counting, perhaps the OVER coverage @ MSNBC makes up for it. They're all jazzed-up on this story. Good chance for Rev Al to redeem himself from the Tawana BrawLey caper. Heck, he could see a bump in ratings for his show. From 8 households to 10.

I don't really understand how many stories need to be written to tell the story anyway. I go to HuffPo and see 10,000 redundant articles, mostly little more than borderline racebaiting nonsense anyway. The story hadn't changed a whole lot until the 911 tapes were released, the Feds jumped in, and now the story from the girlfriend.

Does it really demonstrate a heightened level of integrity to have every nitwit on the staff write the same story over and over again?

It would be one thing if they (Fox or whoever) were misrepresenting the facts or not covering the story - but they are - they just aren't pounding it into our head 400 "different identical" ways that this Hispanic guy named Zimmerman is a "white Hispanic" and the victim is black.

This Zimmerman clown seems like a real creep and there is enough reason to be suspicious that the local cops flubbed this one that there's a story here and in a rarity, I'm fairly happy to see the DoJ involved. But half the media acts like they won't be satisfied until they manufacture a race riot to cover for two weeks. Okay, okay... I'm outraged... I was when I read it the first time... I'm not getting more outraged every time they re-write the same story.

Steve 'StatMan' 03-20-2012 10:05 PM

I'm don't know if I'm any more outraged now than when I read about this story from the links here in off-topic soon after it happened - I was very outraged and still am. I am very glad, however, that this hasn't been swept under the rug. I'm hearing things about their prosecuton options being limited - and that IS outraging me more. If there is a self-defense law, I think any shooting needs to be confirmed by a judge or jury that it eas indeed in self defense,. Not just by one person bullshitting the cops without an investigation. Frankly, if I saw this guy anywhere near people outside of his home, he should be shot on sight - just protecting myself and all the others around him - he might shoot someone, he has & killed someong in the past, wouldn't it be justified?

Unless they can realy prove he shot him in self defense, and NOTHING I've read or heard suggests that, I hope he ends up behind bars for decades, and then gets to experience living in prison with the types of people who he really does fear, rather than this poor kid who wasn't doing anything at all to deserve violence that has been made aware of to the public. I don't trust this overzealous goofball.

There shouldn't be any race wars over this, because EVERYONE ought to be wanting to ensure this is reviewed and that true justice is served.

Tom 03-20-2012 10:17 PM

This bottom feeder murdered the kid, no doubt.
I don't care if it was racial or not - a kid is dead - that is enough to put this SOB away forever.

Better yet, fry his ass.

Ocala Mike 03-20-2012 11:02 PM

Trayvon Martin

Wow, this shooter's gonna have a hard time finding any love (except that offered him by the Sanford PD). Got a feeling this story's gonna lead to a review of Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law, which may get repealed.

Ocala Mike

lsbets 03-20-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

So your source was a guy who used think progress as his source? :lol: :lol:

Guys, we have a new troll in town.

bigmack 03-20-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Does it really demonstrate a heightened level of integrity to have every nitwit on the staff write the same story over and over again?

Wull, bless your heart for recognizing that. The producers over there have been busily working the phones trying to get more Black attorneys and politicians to weigh in on the story. If only Zimmerman were CLEARLY a Whitey, they'd have gold and be lovin' every second of it. As it stands, we have show after show at the ready to lynch 'im.

Next week, all week, MSNBC specials. The Growing Violence of Whites (Light-skinned Hispanics) Against Blacks and then tie it into the election.

Come on, you know that's not far removed from what they do over there.

fast4522 03-21-2012 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
This bottom feeder murdered the kid, no doubt.
I don't care if it was racial or not - a kid is dead - that is enough to put this SOB away forever.

Better yet, fry his ass.

I agree with you but, think he is looking at 6 years in prison tops.

newtothegame 03-21-2012 06:06 AM

Not that I somehow wish to diminish the young mans death, as I feel for his family in losing a loved one. But, I have to ask why the DOJ is getting involved?
A little over a month ago a father, who was at the bus stop with his two sons that were heading to school, heard a woman screaming. She was being car jacked. The man, attempted to help the woman in distress and was shot in the chest and killed by the car jacker.
I don't recall the DOJ sending help to New Orleans for that case...hmmmm odd!
As a matter of fact, I don't recall the story saying anything about the race of the shooter......again...odd in comparison.
Here's the original story.......
http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/03/opinio...tan/index.html

See, here are examples of why race relations continue to be a problem in this country. If the media is going to set the standard with ANY story and start identifying suspects as "white" or "black" then they should stick to that criteria for ALL such cases.
If the DOJ is going to get involved in one case, it needs to get involved in ALL cases.
I mean it's not like Obama's DOJ has ever been slightly biased before in race relations. :rolleyes:
I wonder how many same race crimes is the DOJ involved in???
Eric Holder seriously needs to be put in his place!

cj's dad 03-21-2012 08:03 AM

Two people know what happened, unless the Feds manufacture a witness, and one of them is dead.

HUSKER55 03-21-2012 10:41 AM

This is being touted by the likes of Rev. Al, as a 'white on black' crime.

You're telling me this guy's white?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...2_13_51_08.jpg

When does Pat Boone or some other cracker run around the country protesting 'black on white' violence? Frequent fliers dream come true. They'd be REAL busy.

as usual Rev Al can't seem to get it right. Proves who the racist is.

I was watching Nancy Grace talking about this and the reporter was talking to one of the residents and I believe he said this was an enclosed area and that there had been 8 home invasions in the last couple months.

At best, the kid was trespassing, which is up for debate.IMO

Maybe I was too much of a brawler but this guy looks to be at least twice the size of that kid. Why not just pound the crap out of him and wait for the police.

Also, that stand your ground law according to Nancy was for "in your home". I don't understand why that guy is walking free.

cj's dad 03-21-2012 11:58 AM

Zimmerman is a Jewish name according to ask.com

http://names.whitepages.com/last/Zimmerman

I guess he could pass for Jewish, but might be a stretch. Adopted maybe ??

johnhannibalsmith 03-21-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj's dad
I guess he could pass for Jewish, but might be a stretch. Adopted maybe ??

He lives in Florida so I'm making the assumption that his dad took his Cuban mom to temple.

cj's dad 03-21-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

He lives in Florida so I'm making the assumption that his dad took his Cuban mom to temple.

Never gave a thought to the Florida/Cuban angle. You're probably correct.

lsbets 03-21-2012 12:59 PM

Juan Epstein?

bigmack 03-21-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/shwow_e0.gif

Say WHAT?

cj's dad 03-22-2012 11:51 AM

As more and more facts are coming out, it appears that Zimmerman committed murder; certainly he deserves jail time. The main stream media has carried this story now for several days. Revs Jesse and Al are speaking out also.

Where were the major networks when these stories broke ?

Teens set kid on fire for being 'white boy'

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-03-04/news/31122324_1_white-boy-fire-tv-stationg out regarding the Martin case

The suspect in this case was described by the husband of the dead woman (also a victim of sexual assault) as being a black man, yet it is not even mentioned in this article. The husband is 83 and he suffered a broken jaw among other injuries

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=8503583

Note that this story comes from ABC LOCAL, not national.

GaryG 03-22-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Where were the major networks when these stories broke ?

Affirmative Action in action.

TJDave 03-22-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Zimmerman is a Jewish name according to ask.com

And Trayvon?

What mental picture would you associate with that name? :rolleyes:

cj's dad 03-22-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave
And Trayvon?

Polish ?

redshift1 03-22-2012 02:04 PM

Waiting for The First 48 showing of this crime.

bigmack 03-22-2012 02:45 PM

While REv Al & Co., head down to Flahrida for a MASSIVE rally tonight, I was struck by a couple of media moments. This morning Joe Scarbrow struggled to call the kid a 'boy' - Explaining in depth how difficult it is for a white man to call a young black man, boy. Secondly, Tamroon Hall prefaced her comments with 'Just keepin' it real' and then went into a jag about how white people were probably surprised to see pictures of the kid skiing, because white people don't figure black people as skiers.

You can't make this shit up. Stereotypes run amok. :eek:

TJDave 03-22-2012 03:51 PM

On the top ten list of...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmack
went into a jag about how white people were probably surprised to see pictures of the kid skiing, because white people don't figure black people as skiers.

World's shortest books.

Brylcreem users, also. :rolleyes:

Tom 03-22-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave
And Trayvon?

Victim.

HUSKER55 03-22-2012 10:47 PM

YEH AND AL AND HIS CRONIES WOULDN'T TRY TO SELL IT WOULD THEY. tHE GUY IS HISPANIC AND NOT WHITE. DOES THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO BLACK RACISTS LIKE REV AL?

GaryG 03-23-2012 12:32 PM

Well, you just knew that this was going to happen....The POTUS weighs in on the subject. Someone somewhere acted stupidly and his initials are BHO.

President Obama, during a brief Rose Garden press conference meant to announce his nominee for World Bank president, ventured into the high-intensity controversy over the unarmed black teenager fatally shot in Florida -- calling the case a "tragedy" and saying if he had a son, "he'd look like Trayvon."

NJ Stinks 03-23-2012 12:59 PM

In my opinion, I think Obama wanted to lower the temperature a little. I don't know if it will be helpful or not but I don't get where "stupidly" comes from.

fast4522 03-23-2012 07:01 PM

DRIVEWAY 03-23-2012 09:17 PM

http://www.weerdworld.com/2012/georg...arrest-report/

More details about the encounter between Zimmerman and Martin.

Based upon pictures in the press, I thought Zimmerman(5ft 9) was bigger than Martin(6ft 160lbs).

Robert Fischer 03-23-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIVEWAY
Based upon pictures in the press, I thought Zimmerman(5ft 9) was bigger than Martin(6ft 160lbs).

And you were correct based upon your impression of pictures in the press. Zimmerman is even less familiar with 160lbs than he is with the limits of heading a neighborhood watch.

DRIVEWAY 03-23-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
And you were correct based upon your impression of pictures in the press. Zimmerman is even less familiar with 160lbs than he is with the limits of heading a neighborhood watch.

I agree with your weight assessment of Zimmerman. Can't find a full length picture of him to determine if he's husky or fat. Either way, I wonder how he could have run down a lean 17 yr old.